Post to Forum

If you're getting a rhinoplasty in July or August 2013, please check in here!

• 9 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself and why you want this done, and let's support each other through this journey...

Comments (25)

Sort by

So far it's only been 12 days and our 17 year old daughter looks amazing Dr. Rizk is a miracle worker!
hi, cookie cookie ... :) cute name ... I am really really considering Dr. RIzk for my surgery, I am of ethnic background and my concern is to get this right the first time, his work from I see online is impeccable. Smh Its insane. Since you have choose him for your daughter, can you tell me the issues your daughter had with her surgery, and the price for the whole operation ?
She looking beautiful she had tons wrong with her breathing he fixed it all! She has not had one headache it's been right at 6 weeks! She has a deviated septum a large hump from an injury and tip work. We let him tell us what would work best. She is so happy with her results!
It was sooo uncomfortable and he said I could if I could handle it. My appointment wasn't for a few more days after it was safe to come out.
Hi I just had it done on Friday! I wish I had a good experience like lots of others here, but I think what made it awful for me was the packing, because the pressure in my sinuses, eyes, forehead, and ears was awful.. I took the packing out myself last night and already feeling better.
Hey Cassi, congratulations! I also just got mine done two days back. I feel all of those things right now and it's awful I can't wait to feel better! If you don't mind me asking, how come you removed your packing independently from your doctor? Good luck with everything!
Im getting open rhino surgery on the 13 sept, i havent told a soul, just wondering if anyone has any ideas about where i can convelece whilst i have my cast on?
Hello, I escaped to my couch and plan to stay here for the week :) good luck!
Hotel or rent an apartment for 1 week.
I had my septo/rhinoplasty on July 17, surgery was 1.5 hrs and went well. I asked my surgeon to take a pic just before he put the cast on - he took a before + after pic. I posted lots of pics for you to see. My bruising and swelling is crazy! The bruising is the worst I've seen on RealSelf. I'm on Post-Op Day 12 and still have lots of bruising left - make up won't cover it. First 2 nights was tough as expected, but with the help of RS community I knew what to expect. So far so good - I'll keep updating during my recover.
I'm scheduled to have my surgery on Aug 6th! Nervous but very excited.
Getting rhino with Dr. Hochstein on 8/27/13. YAY!
Got surgery Friday! Wow what a ride soooo swollen and bruised my nose was packed on one side and the pressure headache was unbearable!!! Was really thinking "what was I thinking" not prepared for the pain!! Much better since packing has been removed but can't sleep!!! Overall so far even with tremendous swelling my nose is tiny!!!

I'm sorry you had pain! Thanks for the updates. Sleeping can be really hard the first few nights. Fingers crossed that it gets better soon.

Surgery tomorrow so super pumped!! And nervous oh my!!!:)
Hello again. Back from the doctor's and am feeling better. Doc took off hard wrap bandage but I need to wear a softer one that holds bacitracin in place. Just tried to take a nap but no good. They told me to elevate head higher than heart. Hope I get some sleep this evening.
Just had face lift, chin implant and nose done on Friday. I'm miserable and would never do this had I known how painful. My fault. Surgeon has bandages. Is that correct. My lips are so tight. Going in a few hours for follow up.
Just got my rhinoplasty done this past Wednesday, July 10th! I am 29 years old and have wanted this procedure done from the age of approx 10, maybe younger. I am half Italian from my father's side and half Thai from my mother's side, but unfortunately, I got the Italian side's nose. It was large with a big hump from profile, and from the front view, the tip was much wider than it should be and there was a slight droop at the very tip which pointed downwards. I hated it and felt very self-conscious my whole life because of it. So glad I did it!! What I'm struggling with right now though is this AWFUL PACKING in my nose!!! It was supposed to dissolve this past weekend and hasn't yet!!! Going crazy!
Good luck, MissEricax. Has pain gotten better?
Hi getting rhinoplasty done July 26th nervous and excited!! I have pre-op and computer imagining tomorrow ... He sent me home to find pics of noses I liked so we shall see if I like the computer imaging photos! So exciting
My 16 year old just had her surgery a week ago, she needs big support and is second guessing her decision, because she can't "see thru" the swelling right now..!!
I hope she is ok my 17 year old daughter is having surgery on July 23 in NY we live in knoxville TN who did her surgery?
Hi...We live in Omaha, NE. Dr. Perry Johnson, did her surgery, here in Omaha. Top notch, I do trust him and wonderful feedback from previous patients. At this point, she is second guessing. Only 1 week Post Op. I have confidence it will look wonderful, but you can't tell a hormonal 16 year old, much of anything. LOL Thank you for responding...!! Hope your daughter does well. The surgery was really a "piece of cake", and barely bruised at all, just a little yellow. We were vigilant with ice packs. I think it made a huge impact on the bruising.
We are using Dr Rizk in New York did she have an open or closed? My daughter has a bump and large tip.
I think open, since the stitches were removed today. She does have internal stitches, as well. She also had a bump, with a little additional, widening, since her nose was very thin. Her surgery was very straight forward and very common.