Post to Forum

Reopening extraction spaces and placing dental implants

  • NewBalance
  • 9 months ago

Hi.   I was hoping to find details of an orthodontist in the UK or Ireland who can replace the teeth I had extracted as a teenager.  I am a candidate for orthoganthic surgery on my upper jaw as I have a cross-bite, and I was hoping that this could be combined with an orthodontics aimed at reopening the extraction spaces to give me a full set of teeth.  This seems to practiced in the US by some orthodontists but do not know of any in the UK who will carry such a procedure.  Can anyone help?

Comments (3)

I saw that you posted a question in the Q&A section, and am glad you did. I hope hearing the opinions of the dentists that volunteer on here was helpful. I'd love to hear what you decide to do. Are you planning to visit an orthodontist or maxillofacial surgeon to gather more info?

  • Reply
I have already consulted both an orthodontist and a maxillofacial surgeon and am looking for a second opinion. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a reply to my question from any based in the UK although I am told others this procedure is carried out elsewhere. .
  • Reply

Good for you for getting a second opinion. Hopefully the more info you gather, the more clarity you will have on what you want to do.

  • Reply