Options to treat possible malar festoons

  • sosaystherobot
  • CA
  • 4 years ago

Hello -- I'm 26 years old, and seem to have formed what are called malar festoons: slight but noticeable creases running across the mid-cheek area. What are possible treatments for this? I'd appreciate any and all suggestions, and thank you for your time.

View 1 doctor answer to How Do I Reduce the Appearance of the Bags Across my Cheeks?

Comments (2)

If its water or fat related, Thermage at high power settings can disperse/disolve fatty tissue and water, especially in men. I speak from experience myself on this. However like I said - high power. It's not comfortable. Ask for pain medicine prior to the procedure. Whatever is left over afterwards can be counter-acted by filling in any creased surrounding areas with Juvederm, etc. I get this done about once every 12-18 months to blast excess fat and water from my face. In women this may not be such a viable solution. Since in men, a thinner leaner face often results in what I call the 'gladiator' look, in women, whose faces and facial tissues and musculature are generally smaller, it can leave them looking gaunt, sullen, and emaciated.
Looking at your photo specifically though, Restylane IMO could definitely fill in that crease area, providing a more even appearance. So in some cases it's not eliminating the baggy/swollen area, but more so using filler in the areas SURROUNDING it to bring it more in line with the area that is bothering you.