Post to Forum

If you're getting a nose job in January or February, 2014, check in here!

• 9 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself, why you want this done, and let's support each other through this journey!

Comments (81)

Sort by

Hi I'm looking for a buddy to go for plastic surgery in Korea or Taiwan
Has anyone noticed eye crinkles when smiling?? I am 6 weeks post op.. I assumed it's because my eyes swelled during recovery and stretched out the skin around the eyes.. However now I am starting to worry the crinkles might be permanent and/or get worse :'( I'm 26 and I know for a fact pre-op I had no eye wrinkles because I would check every day and be really gentle and protective with the eye skin, taking care to keep it hydrated etc. I'm worried I've traded my nose for aging :( Has anyone experienced or read anything about wrinkles after rhinoplasty??
looking for a Travel Buddy to go abroad for a plastic surgery.
hey i had my surgery the 5th of feb just wondering if anyone has a small bump/lump on the nasal bone iv one it smooths out when i rub on it for few seconds but it reappears really getting me down:(
Did they break the bones? I think that bump is the swelling from the area where they enter the bridge of the nose thru the skin to score the bones/break them. You should be fine once the swelling goes down after 6+ weeks
Also if they reduced the hump of nasal bridge your skin will take time to constrict down around the new smaller nose, it's just swelling of the skin where the hump used to be
oh i hope so it does feel like bone its driving me insane its been 5 weeks now today ... its not that bad like just i want it to be straight ye no:(
i have it too! my surgery was on the 28th jan and ive just noticed it this last wk but it does feel like bone! i was thinking of making an appointment with my surgeon about it...
From what I'm reading, what you are experiencing is normal. It looks like it's going to take many months for us to see our final results. My surgeon told me that he had to bring my bridge down pretty far and did some sculpting of that bone. I'm 4 weeks post-op and I don't see a bone ridge. One of the things that my surgeon told me to do was to press in gently, starting a week after surgery and ending today actually, against the bone on both sides of my nose, up high, in order to avoid a wide bridge. I wonder if that is why I don't see or feel a bone. (I'm not posting this so that people do this on their own; I'm just saying that's what I'm doing. It's best to check with your surgeon to see what's up. : )
Really were is your bump? Mines between the nasal bone and cartiladge like were they both meet very annoying;(
I asked my surgeon like is there anything i could do and he was so breif like maybe thst will help like i was suggesting things he wasnt iv emailed him againy bridge feels jaged and a little higher on one side this waiting game sucks lol
Geez, you shouldn't have to stress over this. I hope your doctor gets back to you quickly and puts your mind at ease. I wasn't sure if you were responding to my post, two comments above, but I (thankfully, right now, don't have a bump on my nose - my bridge is smooth. If I put my thumbs at the inner corners of my eyes, and bring them together at the middle of my nose bridge, I can feel where the bone and cartilage meet. Just a question, since you are using this site, did you post any "after" pics on realself to ask the doctors in the Q&A section? They will give you their opinions and probably tell you to express your concerns with your surgeon (which you are doing!!); you'll maybe get some advice to take to your surgeon for discussion. Good luck!!! : )
I did what you said and felt the bump was smaller after i did it msybe i will do this and hope it helps . Yes i did one doctor told me its normal just because wer bones wer broke etc. I know iv to be patienced but its so hard
And thank you for your help:)
Sure! Good luck!! I hope your doctor takes more time with you, because you spent too much money for him to act like he doesn't have time for your questions and concerns : )
mine is there too :/
Hopefully he will i know im prob annoying him but its fustrating lol thanks
Really what did your surgeon say:0
I know what you mean -- I'm always afraid of annoying people : ) ... but look at it this way; you are ultimately the person who has to live with the results. Seriously, you are probably o.k. and the swelling and the ridge will likely all calm down in time, but the doc needs to be available for your questions. He can't expect that you're not going to have concerns.
Well thats true its gonna be the center piece of my face for the rest of my life so want it prefect :0
Hi! Had my op on 12th Feb. Just wondering how long it took everyone to get their smile back. Mine is looking awful!
My operation was Feb 13th. My upper lip is still a bit puffy but getting better each day. I definitely still look like I had Botox.
Glad I'm not on my own. My mouth seems to be sloping downwards so I look really miserable. I was just brushing my hair and everytime I brushed it felt like my nose was moving.
Every day I see new changes. Just when I thought my swelling was subsiding, my one nostril decided to swell up today. I am not going to obsess about it too much, but it is a little bit unsettling. It's like I have this very fragile nose made of wet clay.
Hi, so I'm just over 3 weeks post-op and have a little bit of a cold and it's leaving the inside of my nostrils feeling weirdly dry - anyone got any long-lasting moisturising solutions?!