I have just had Natrelle 410 implants to replace expanders after a bilateral masectomy. They look really flat and wide.

• dbr13
  • 1 year ago

There is no projection and it looks like I am wearing a compression bra. My expanders looked much better than this. How long do you have to wait to replace them with high projection implants? I was expanded to 440/430 but got 425 cohesives.

Comments (6)

That has been a common complaint from the patients that I used the 410 on. I'm waiting until the higher profile models are available or using on small breasted women.
I am going for an exchange to regular silicone implants soon. Natrelle implants are also very uncomfortable. I think that it is because mine are very high on my chest wall and project out to the side, which would be fine if they were not no unmoveable. It has been over 3 months and they are still very painful and feel very similar to my expanders.
The 410 implants are textured and firmer than the smooth, round devices. You will likely find the smooth device more comfortable. I hope it goes well for you.
Thank you, I hope so.

Many women claim that it takes up to 3 months or longer for your implants to settle in. Check with your PS to make sure you are healing properly and to be reassured that it takes time to see your final results.

I haven't had my exchange yet and am now expanded to 470. I am thinking I would like to stop here and my surgeon is planning on doing a 420 saline high projection implant over the muscle. I'm ok with the not so natural look and am just wanting to look fuller busted than before. Any thoughts on this are appreciated-- I'd like to avoid disappointment!