If you're getting a mommy makeover in July 2014, check in here!

• 1 month ago

Tell us about yourself and let's connect!

Comments (183)

Sort by

Having a bit of troubles formulating my thoughts then speaking it. Sometimes, not all, I don't make sense. Or I can't think of the word but can see it & formulate it to my loved ones! So frustrating! Does any one else feel like this? Is quite normal after this kind of surgery? I don't recall having this after my other surgeries lol.
You poor baby. It's definitely the meds. Just enjoy the ride don't worry about grammar or vocabulary. We all understand.
Thanks for the support , I'm feeling like a but crazy & my family is having a blast with this! There laughing at me all the time, I'm usually so bang on with my words lol
So I can shower by myself but I can't get my garment latched back up on my own. Frustrating since I'm home alone all day and I'd like to shower. Anybody figure out any secrets to hooking compression garments on their own?
I'm not allowed to shower yet but to get the bottom hooked after using the bathroom I pull it down as far as I can on my legs and then sit on a chair to hold it and then I can hook it. Haven't had to hook the side yet so can't help there. Hopefully next week I will so let me know what you figure out!
I've got slot of itching going on, I'm allergic to those steri strips, PS said I can have come off tomorrow but each one that falls off by itself looks very red & a bit swollen from where it was . Any suggestions girls?
What are you guys getting for scar treatment? My PS gave me 2 gels to use, 1 for the first 2 weeks after steri strips come off then the other one for long term. I am thinking of also ordering the scar away strips too though b/c I've heard having pressure on the scar helps flatten it. Any advice ladies?
Not sure here in Canada but the PS told me to buy Bio-oil, but I'm not to put on until 4 weeks! Is this how long you have to wait too?
No I was told once my steri strips fall off or I can take them off at 2 weeks, I might just wait though until they fall off b/c I am worried about them pulling a scab with them. I have seen that happen before. Some of them are already off on my abdomen but my boob ones look pretty secure still. I ended up ordering the scar away sheets lastnight online but I'm going to start with the gels first. I figured I may as well try both lol. I've heard and seen a lot of good things about the scar away silicone sheets.
My PS gave me 2 rolls of tape (micropore by 3M) at my first post-op visit and said to replace the tape whenever it started to come off (7-10 days). They replaced the tape on my tummy the day of my visit, but I just replaced the tape under my breasts this morning (16 days post-op). He's been doing this for over 20 years and said that tape helps hold the skin together to heal and that it works better than anything else he's seen out there. My scars are healing well and are very flat. I hope you find something that works for you. I think the Micropore is made differently than the steri-strips, but you still may want to check if they are hypoallergenic. Best of luck!
My ps has still not put steri strips on. I'm a week tomorrow. When did you get yours?
I've had steri strips on since my surgery day. They put them on top of the sutures.
Wow that's just like me, my steri strip were on solid, but the Ps pulled all of them on Monday, there is a bit of scabs that came of but mostly blood & what a difference it has made for me. He used glue instead of stitches outside. It's pretty tight! How was you incision closed?
I got mine on the day of surgery too!
I had stitches. :(
Mine were closed with dissolvable sutures. They told me it takes about 2 weeks to dissolve and that I can take off my strips then too.
I have 5 days until part 1 (BL/BA) of my MM!! I'm excited, to say the least! I haven't freaked out or anything...so that's good, especially since I've never had any kind of surgery. Not sure I'll be getting much sleep though b/c I keep thinking about all the things that I need to do before hand! Happy healing to all that are on the flat side!!
Sleep you will get but expect it broken up & then you will be very prepared! Good luck with you first part!
Thank you for the advice and well wishes! Tomorrow I go under the knife!!
Anyone have any experience changing sleeping positions yet? I am 10 days PO and am still sleeping in a chair but i cannot sleep at all and the lack of sleep is really taking a toll on me now. I want to sleep back in my bed sooo bad!!
I found leaning against a husband pillow with my shoulder and then one under my head so I'm slightly turned on my side.... Then my boyfriend shoves two pillows under my back to keep me propped up and one pillow under my arm that's on my side works really well. Then I have a knee pillow between my knees. I got about 6 hrs of sleep in bed last night that way and took the pressure off of everything.
Ok thank you for your idea!! I need some good quality sleep lol.
Pillows, pillows, pillows. I slept in my bed with a wedge pillow behind my back, a big roll pillow under my knees, and down pillows under each arm/boob, behind my back, & across my chest. I ordered the wedge from Amazon, but any big pillow might work. I am 24 days PO and I don't use the wedge any more and am even been able to catch a few hours of sleep on my side with lots of fluffy pillows and a rolled up washcloth between my boobs. Good luck to you! The lack of sleep is the worst!
I'm feeling the same way Jewlz, I too haven't had a lot of sleep. I end up sleeping in the afternoon for a bit then at night, it apprx 2-3 hours on my back then 1-2 hours in the chair then back to the bed for 2-3 hours so in total May be 6 hours, if lucky! I'm wondering when you can sleep on your sides? I am missing that!
That's great doesn't hurt on you incisions from your tt?