If you're getting a mommy makeover in July 2014, check in here!

• 2 months ago

Tell us about yourself and let's connect!

Comments (219)

Sort by

Is anyone exercising? Thoughts or advice on types of exercise or good support garments? I tried running but feel like my tummy is shaking so much! Also, I find that I swell so much I don't know if it's worth it - the dilemma between flabby arms and butt or spare tire around the waist from swelling - lol!
I am 18 days post op and still have a burning feeling on the skin of my breasts. The incisions are sore to the touch but the actual skin feels like a burning sensation. Reminds me of when I breast fed and my milk came in it burned. Is this "typical?" Is it from the implants stretching the skin out?
Hi - I am 6 weeks PO and experienced this quite often. I still do from time to time. My PS said it's the nerves around the implants stretching out. I found that ice packs helped. Also lightly massaging the area. Hope it gets better - it's so bizzare-o to feel like milk is coming in!
Any one have lipo on their body besides through tt? Wondering about this & pain, results, prices , when you went back & did it after tt , etc????
I have thought about it depending on how well my Lower belly flattens. I will wait at least a year and probably won't do anything more than my mm.
Is anyone else having problems with acid reflux?? Mine is so bad that it wakes me up from a dead sleep and I'm coughing and almost throwing up. I still sleep with my head elevated and now am taking tums or Pepcid every night. And my swelling is all located in my feet and upper pubic areas. It looks so gross and puffy every night!!!
I haven't had any acid reflux post surgery more than I normally would from poor eating habits. Are you wearing a cg? My whole tummy feels really swollen and tight by evening but not my feet.
I am wearing a CG 24 hours a day. Thursday will be one month and I think I have to wear it 24/7 for 8 weeks. I cut out all tomato products (pizza, pasta sauce etc) and it has made a big difference. My belly still swells by the end of the day and I think the feet are because I stand half my day
What bras are you purchasing for 2 weeks post op and where are you getting them?
Got front zip up sports bras (Champion brand). I also got a couple wire free bras from Soma that I have yet to wear.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a second stage compression garment that would fit nicely under clothes?
My dr gave me a marena body suit for stage two. It's like the stage one garment but without the hooks and zippers on the side. I just ordered a second one online and they are $75.
Ok thank you! I found it online:) How do you like it? Some reviews said it wasn't tight enough?
I use Spanx, but just for a few hours. I tried a corset to go out one night and it was not comfortable at all. I still use my compression garment all day everyday to help with the swelling.
It's pretty tight on me. Before surgery I wore a size 16 and they gave me an XL. It takes me and my boyfriend to get it on bc it's so tight. Hope that helps
Hey Jewlz, great question, I was about to ask the very same thing! I am wondering wear to pick up compression garments or do I go for the Spanx? How long do you wear that for?
On my post-op instructions it says for me to wear my binder for 4 weeks, and I will be at 4 weeks in a week from now. I don't even think I have to wear anything after but I want something for atleast another month for playing with and picking up my daughter and/or other heavy things. I emailed my nurse today to ask if she has any suggestions, I'll let you know what she suggests:)
I'm 10 days post op and started wearing spanx yesterday for part of the day to wear under clothes when I go out and run errands. Once I'm home I change back into that horrible side-digging compression garment. I went to nordstrom and picked up like 6 different spanx and just tried them on at home to see which fit and looked best. Now I just need to return the ones I don't want. I ended up picking the Thrill Seeker Star Power Spanx. This morning I also experienced less swelling, not sure if it's just a coincidence.
Thank you ducky015, I was able to find that one online. Does it hold you in tight enough? What size did you get?
It's not as tight as the CG but I feel like it does a good job of holding things in place. I'm 5'4" 134lbs and got a medium.
Ok great thanks!!:)
I'm sorry, I meant binder. I've never worn a compression garment before.
BTW, I ended up getting the thong style because the brief styles just didn't fit right so I wear a pair of regular undies under the Spanx so I can wear it everyday. Weird I know but it works and still looks fine under clothes, I tried on jeans, shorts and even a maxi dress and it looked fine (better than the brief spanx). Hope you fine something that works for you.
Ok thank you so much for the tips!
Anyone feeling worried about getting an infection? I am, everything has been going really well and feeling pretty good, after my itch attack from the steri-stips. I saw a post of a lady two months post op and she has got an infection in the breast area. This makes me worry, can this happen to me? Anyone feel like this? How do I prevent this from happening?