If you're getting a mommy makeover in July 2014, check in here!

• 3 months ago

Tell us about yourself and let's connect!

Comments (231)

Sort by

Hello I am just wondering if anyone has went back to exercising yet and if so how is it going? Also, is everyone able to fit into their old jeans? How's swelling?
I started exercising at 3 weeks and just ran my first mile today; it felt awesome! Fortunately I lost weight after surgery and I did and still have some swelling but can fit into my jeans.
I started walking at 4 weeks and then I went back to the gym at 6.5 weeks. I've been doing cardio and lifting light weights ever since. I still have swelling up my midline, my muscles look swollen.
I started walking at 4 weeks too. Then running shortly thereafter. I started attending barre class at 6 weeks but modify/skipping abs. At 8 weeks, I tried to work out with my trainer (lots of TRX, weights, etc.), but it was too much for the abs/core. I am at 8.5 weeks and definitely still have soreness and swelling. I can fit in my jeans no-prob, and may even be able to go down a size first thing in the morning before the swelling sets in - lol. I don't know if this is it or there will be less swelling down the road? Good luck to you all!
At 8.5 weeks post-op I still have swelling and soreness too, I've read alot that it can take 6 months to be gone. The swelling is getting to me at this point b/c I'm ready for my tummy to just be flat already! lol
Thanks for answering everyone! You all look amazing too! Has anyone tried push ups? Also, is it okay for our boobs to be bouncing? I have a good supporting bra on but they still bounce and I'm unsure it its allowed (6 wks)... Thanks again!
I'm 7 weeks and still really swollen especially above my belly button to below my boobs. It still hurts to sneeze and if I end up flat on my back I feel like a turtle who can't get up. I have to roll on my side and push myself up.
Anyone have a lot of back soreness? When did it finally subside? What did you do to help it? I'm 9 days PO, and seriously my only 'pain' complaint is my back!!
That was my biggest issue too. It lasted about 2 weeks until I was able to walk straight all the time. Use a lot of pillows when laying down and don't try to do too much too soon even if you are feeling good. Hope you feel better soon!
Is anyone exercising? Thoughts or advice on types of exercise or good support garments? I tried running but feel like my tummy is shaking so much! Also, I find that I swell so much I don't know if it's worth it - the dilemma between flabby arms and butt or spare tire around the waist from swelling - lol!
I haven't but I'm not 5 weeks post op and def planning on speed walking by next week first to give that a try.
I am 18 days post op and still have a burning feeling on the skin of my breasts. The incisions are sore to the touch but the actual skin feels like a burning sensation. Reminds me of when I breast fed and my milk came in it burned. Is this "typical?" Is it from the implants stretching the skin out?
Hi - I am 6 weeks PO and experienced this quite often. I still do from time to time. My PS said it's the nerves around the implants stretching out. I found that ice packs helped. Also lightly massaging the area. Hope it gets better - it's so bizzare-o to feel like milk is coming in!
Me too! It's def worse at night. I've been taking Motrin so I can sleep. Have started scar treatment but wondering if I'm doing more harm. Nothing is open but still the burn. :-(
Oh...and mine was a breast reduction.
Any one have lipo on their body besides through tt? Wondering about this & pain, results, prices , when you went back & did it after tt , etc????
I have thought about it depending on how well my Lower belly flattens. I will wait at least a year and probably won't do anything more than my mm.
Is anyone else having problems with acid reflux?? Mine is so bad that it wakes me up from a dead sleep and I'm coughing and almost throwing up. I still sleep with my head elevated and now am taking tums or Pepcid every night. And my swelling is all located in my feet and upper pubic areas. It looks so gross and puffy every night!!!
I haven't had any acid reflux post surgery more than I normally would from poor eating habits. Are you wearing a cg? My whole tummy feels really swollen and tight by evening but not my feet.
I am wearing a CG 24 hours a day. Thursday will be one month and I think I have to wear it 24/7 for 8 weeks. I cut out all tomato products (pizza, pasta sauce etc) and it has made a big difference. My belly still swells by the end of the day and I think the feet are because I stand half my day
What bras are you purchasing for 2 weeks post op and where are you getting them?
Got front zip up sports bras (Champion brand). I also got a couple wire free bras from Soma that I have yet to wear.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a second stage compression garment that would fit nicely under clothes?
My dr gave me a marena body suit for stage two. It's like the stage one garment but without the hooks and zippers on the side. I just ordered a second one online and they are $75.
Ok thank you! I found it online:) How do you like it? Some reviews said it wasn't tight enough?