If you're getting a Mommy Makeover in January or February 2014, please check in here!

• 8 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself, why you want this done, and let's support each other through this journey!

Comments (416)

Sort by

is this burning feeling common? I am 3 weeks post op. I feel great with little swelling. But my torso feels like it has severe sunburn all the time. I have read that is from the nerves being stretched and they have to adjust. Any advice on how to ease this pain? I don't want to keep taking pain killers as my stomach is tired of them and they didn't seem to get rid of this tight burning feeling.
I still have a burning feeling from time to time on my lower ab...each side of my belly button. I just do circular massages. My PS suggested that when I saw him 3 weeks post op and I was not standing straight still. He was concerned why I was afraid to and I told him that I feel tight stretch on my upper abs. He told me to massage it by pressing down and doing circles to stretch the muscles and sure enough within a week or less, I was standing straight (that is after he assured me that I won't pull anything). You may want to call you PS office and ask if that will make you feel better. I am 5 weeks post op and I still feel burning feeling on my lower abs and a quick massage eases it away.
For the pain you can try arnica cream or pills which is natural it helps with muscle pains and strains. You can also try to war lots of pineapple which has natural healing substance in it. I am unsure of the name something like bom.... You can buy in pills as well. Lemon tea is also good for healing and getting all the toxic stuff from the pain meds or surgery out. Take the juice of half a lemon plus one hot or cold 8oz water add some honey and drink it a few times a day. Just make sure to rinse with water after lemon can be hart on your teethe otherwise. I hope you feel better soon.
Do any of you notice that the front view after TT and BA look great but the side view looks thick still? Is this still swelling at 3 weeks post op?....or is this a sign that I need to drop a few pounds(which is entirely possible)
You can certainly still swell and probably are. I don't like the view from behind! I'm 3 weeks post op and still not completely standing straight. The tightness in front pulls my back side in so my butt looks bad! Scares me! I think what if it stays like that!
No way you will be hunched over forever! Not to mention how painful it is on your back!
I'm hunched a little at 3 wks but it takes time. Just hang in there it will get better each day. I am also so swollen even on my thighs
3 weeks 4 days post op (ba/bl, tt w/lipo) and feeling like a whirlwind of emotions! I felt amazing the first 10 days but at 2 weeks post op I went back to PS because of pain and swelling on left side of abdomen, yep you guessed it, hematoma had set in! Only thing that brought me to tears. PS opened me back up, broke it up and extracted! It was a relief but now things seem to be at a stand still. I am really wishing things would progress in the healing department but know that I just want it to heal properly so it's just frustrating since my setback!
Hang in there. This, too, shall pass!
So sorry this happened to you Nikki. I'm feeling a little discouraged and frustrated at 3 weeks. I tend to think I'm going to bounce back so quick from everything. This is a slow process. I'm just anxious to feel normal and to be able to move normally without pain. Try to focus on the end result.
Thanks for the nice response. Sounds like both of ours thinking is the same. I live such an active life and this is just hard to sit and rest, completely out of my character, but I know it's what has to happen for proper recovery. I couldn't agree more and yes we HAVE to focus on the end result!
Ugh...I am so not a sit and rest person! Hope it helps to know someone else out there feels the same! :) Write any time
Yes it is great to know others understand exactly where I am coming from. First day back at work so this is a rough day for me!
Hang in there. I had at start of week 3 dome issues with my belly bottom of slight infection so it looks weird. PS says it will heal perfectly with time
When I did my surgery my PS have me a chart were the curve was for emotions. At 3 weeks post op it went way down. Almost everyone who had the surgery with me experienced the same roller coaster ride emotionally. Just hang in there and dream how nice everything will look once some more time passes. The recovery does take a few month.
4 weeks post op at the end of this week. Just saw my PS today. Everything looks good. Also updated my review. Happy healing everyone!
They told me they'd order me a phase 2 CG....but she said it would be even tighter!?!? I honestly cannot imagine anything tighter...I have cuts where the top of the CG dug into me...hurt worse than the BA!
12 days post op...hitting the slump...wishing to feel somewhat comfortable :( not so much pain, just tight and uncomfortable...feeling down...trying to push through....
Stick it through the grind. It gets better with each passing day. Patience and self motivation is of the essence and much needed at this time. Stay goal oriented and should get you through this. Im 5th weeks post op with two open wounds . A destroyed nipple and yet hoping for the best. Good luck and take it easy. Be kind to yourself .
Thx you MVA005 for your kind words...seem to feel better in the mornings...hoping that continues through the day :)
Had my first post op appointment today. One of my drains removed. I passed out, that really hurts..... : (
Hi everyone, I am 4 weeks po today and besides swelling and constipation I feel like I am back to my normal self! Only slightly flatter on the tummy side and heavier at the top ;) I am walking 100% straight now and have not had any problems with my BA! I have updated my review with pics if any of you would like to see! Happy healing...
4 weeks post op yesterday. I feel so much better! Every day I get stronger. I'd say I'm about 85-90% back to my normal self. The doctor said I can resume normal activity last week. I still try not to lift though if I can avoid it. My right implant has settle nicely, the left one is still feeling a bit wacky but they assure me it's normal. I get so many compliments, what a nice feeling!
Wow! That's wonderful! So nice to be encouraged by someone who's farther along! I am 11 days post op. I can see how feeling better each day is going to be great but also a struggle. I want to do things but my body isn't ready yet. Getting there though!
3 days post op. I feel very good. Keeping up with the medicines. Walking more, not straight yet. I'm so happy that I finally did it!