If you're getting a Mommy Makeover in January 2013, check in here.

• 1 year ago

Tell us a little about yourself and let's support each other through this amazing transformation!

Comments (42)

Sort by

Almost 3 weeks post-op, I've heard this is a big week for emotions and geez mine are all over the place. My scar is higher than most women's and pics I've seen unless I search 'high scar' on this site and found a few like mine. My doc was very honest and told me it would end it pretty exactly where it is. Before the surgery I hated wearing bikinis cuz of the yucky skin pouch, now I'm not sure I'll ever wear the ones I own because of my high scar, eff me. The last of my Steri- strips are gone and the scar itself is a nice line. My belly button looks like an upside down puffy heart but I know that can be fixed later. DH asked to see the scar (maybe to be nice and/or supportive) and he was pretty freaked out. Living in Canada obviously our bikini season is shorter than further south of the border and mine is usually limited to one or two camping trips and public swimming at our local pool. I am not opposed to a tanking or to a monokini and then DH reminds me "Isn't wearing a bikini the whole point for it to be worth it? Thanks for nothing you stupid a&&. 5 points for positive intent, 0 points for delivery. Maybe he'll remember to take his giant foot out of his mouth next time. How is the rest of the January flat side dealing with the emotions? And ps it was a bigger deal to me to be able to wear clothes without looking still pregnant from my stomach pooch than to wear a bikini 6 days of the year
Oh Dani, I'm sorry to hear about the DH's comments. (Virtual slap to him!). You did this surgery for the right reasons - you will be wearing clothes most of the time and so - that is where you will be able to rock it. I had stretch marks above the belly button before and so I knew going into the surgery that they would sill be above the belly button after surgery and thus, I will still be a tankini gal. But, I do get sad when I see the beautiful creamy dreamy skin some have on their flat tummies. I just got a tankini from venus.com that is awesome though - so look around, you can find one that is awesome, I am sure. I went through the boo hoos at about 10 days post op. It is a roller coaster ride, girlie, hold on! (I am 5 weeks post op now).
Hey, tummyaftertwins, i just noticed we are scheduled for the same day! One more week! Good luck to you!
This is my 1st forum post- I've been stalking the reviews for months. MM scheduled for 1/29, my pre op is this Monday EEk! I'm having a TT w MR, BL and BA (silicone). I'm a 29 year old SAHM from NY. My oldest just turned 4 and I have 21 mth old B/G twins. My 1st son was 9lbs 11oz and then my twins were 7lbs 14oz and 9lbs 15oz. Yep- my daughter holds a record at our hospital, haha. At 5'4" I looked like a total freak of nature carrying 18lbs of babies. I gained exactly 41lbs with each pregnancy but after the twins I lost an additional 30lbs so everything below my next is hanging like I'm 90. My MM anxieties are; not working out for at least 6 weeks (I am a total exercise junkie), having a bad belly button and having my husband (who normally works 6 days a week) take care of the kiddos alone.
Good luck elisep36!!! I am one week away from the flat side. Just posted my "before" pics to my profile. Oy. Can't wait to get to the flat side!
Having my MM tomorrow!
Good luck!
Sending prayers your way today! :)
Canadian mommy makeover Jan 3rd! TT and BA with 295cc. 3 kids (8, 3 1/2, 22months). I am 5'2" and 100lbs. My third pregnancy I had polyhydramnios (extra amniotic fluid) so my tummy got ridiculously stretched out and I ended up with an emerge c-section. I ended up losing all the weight and then another albs but there's no losing that lovely extra skin. Mine is all right below my belly button, not much at my hips which means the scar will most likely be higher than my pubic line and could possibly be higher than my underwear. Still I would take a scar over my current 80yr old looking pouch of stretch marked skin. With christmas and the holidays this surgery has kinda crept up out of nowhere! I have read on here some women compare the TT pain to a c-section but I hang on the the silver lining that with a TT there is no crying baby to feed and change every 3 hours!
Surgery date is Jan 23. TT, BR with lift and fat augmentation for shaping, lipo to outer flanks. Pre-op on Jan 10th. Nervous one day, excited the next. Let the emotional roller coster begin. Slacked off exercise last two weeks, but at it again.
My surgery date is Jan 16. I'm nervous and excited and not completely ready yet. I'm just hoping I don't get sick and that I haven't gained too much weight from the holidays.
Hi AbMe5, I am a bit ahead of you, going in for my big day on Jan.9. I feel the same - hope I haven't gained too much weight with holidays. I am 4 lb up from when I first saw my plastic surgeon so I know I can drop those 4 lb in 2 weeks if I am diligent (I am a bit fan of Weight Watchers - it works). Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment where I pick my size for BA (with lift). Yikes! I have done the 'rice test' - where you can put rice in a stocking and into your bra and it gives you an idea of the cc's you might like. I have some breast tissue, not as much as you, and so I am thinking 275/300. I have noticed that some people have the thought 'go big or go home' and others want a less distinct look. I am in the latter category. I don't want someone to say 'have I met the brunette with big boobs? I think I know her...' rather, I'd like to look good in clothes, bathing suit etc. It is a fine line though. Because with all of the money spent - maybe I WOULD like to have a blammin bod. Hard to figure out where the line is between blam and over-the-top big. Anyway, can't wait to go through the this journey with you and the other January gals. This site is so awesome for support and ideas, and we will need all the support we can get soon! Happy Holidays!!!
Good luck today and let us know how pre op goes! I'm interested to see what size implant go with. I'm like you and want the natural look but I'm so confused as to the sizing. It was hard when I was trying on some of the implants at my initial consult. I wear a size 36c now and don't want much bigger. But with a lift I hear they have to remove some tissue so I really have no clue as to how much I would needed added back in to keep me where I'm at. I know doctors don't like to talk in cup sizes so I'm thinking I won't know what size I get until I wake up! Lol.
I am a 36c too. I told my ps i didn't really want to go bigger, that I'm happy with the size i am. He said with the lift, it will take me down about a cup size, so he suggested the 375cc (I'm doing silicone/gummy bear) to stay about the same size.
Interesting that the lift takes you down a size - I guess that makes sense though, since it is bringing everything closer to your chest wall. Pretty exciting!
Thanks Change123! I'm a deflated 36c right now and would like to be a full C. I don't need a lift now but will eventually due to age and gravity but we'll see. I've had the "big boobs " when I was pregnant and didnt like them. I couldn't fit into button up tops and was spilling out of others which really bothered me. I want people to talk to me and not worry that they're looking at my chest instead, lol. Like you, I've gained about 4-5 lbs and will be working hard this week and next to get that back down. Good luck and I look forward to hearing your journey.
Hello! Pre-op went well. I decided on 325/350 (currently left is smaller) - I think it look very natural and next size up was just a bit more obvious. I'll do my 'Review' tonight and post my 'before' pics so you can see what my starting point is (not much). Really, though I will leave it to my PS to decide on size - based on photos that I will give to him, which apparently he has in the O.R. at the time of surgery, to really try to make me look like those pictures. I have a friend who has had a BA with him, and I thought to myself 'she is just one of those lucky gals who has a mom who was endowed, and so she got the good genes' and then later she told me she had a BA. So I know he does nice, natural looking work, which is what I want. My 34C in some bras is really more of a B in others - if it wasn't for the sag, I think I am currently more of a B, and so, I am def getting bigger with this surgery, but hopefully not too big. Enough about my breasts for now! Haha. Will post when I get that Review up this eve.
I'm scheduled for Jan 11th. Full TT w/ MR, BA, and lipo of inner/outer thighs and flanks. It's just around the corner! I can't wait!!!
I just got my recliner all set up to be delivered. It's an electric power lift recliner and only $28 a week from Rent a Center! Can't beat that!
Hey ladies! I am having a full TT with MR, lipo of upper abdomen, flanks and inner thighs, and a breast lift on Jan. 29th. So far, I have gotten a couple of zip up sports bras and a compression garment that goes to the mid thigh. I'm still looking for some zip up nightgowns or robes. I am also planning on renting an electric recliner and getting a toilet seat riser. 6 weeks to go! Very excited! Good luck to all of you!
I have pre op tomorrow. I'm nervous. I'm sick. Grr. I don't get sick for a year and it happens when i am getting ready to have surgery. Sheesh.
Oh dang! Sorry to hear you are sick! My youngest kissed me on the lips, runny nosed and I said 'no more kisses on the lips! I can't get your cold!!' The hazards of being a mom to young kids!
Haha yep, came from my youngest daughter!
My entire house is one giant virus right now. Ugh. Hope you get better soon!!
How was pre-op elisep36? Are you still feeling poorly??