If you're getting a Mommy Makeover in December 2014, check in here!

• 1 month ago

Tell us a little about yourself and why you want this done. Let's connect!

Comments (34)

Sort by

As I research and get closer to actually doing this (tummy tuck / lipo and BR) I've noticed something I didn't expect. I'm looking at my current body in a different light, all of a sudden I don't feel so weighed down or bad about it. I look in the mirror naked now and I just see all the things that used to depress me about it as merely impermanent features. I've found myself feeling more comfortable letting it all hang out around DH (who has never been anything but loving no matter how much I beat myself up). It's almost as if I don't identify with those body parts anymore (the saggy belly and big saggy boobs) and therefore I don't feel like they reflect on me in any kind of a negative light. It's been very freeing! Anyone else experiencing anything like that?
Yes, I can relate! After I acknowledged my "issues" and discussed them with my husband, I learned how much he loves me as I am. I always tried to hide my flaws from him, but he really doesn't care as I thought he did. It was very freeing. He is supportive with my decision to have surgery because it will make me happier with my body. I feel like my issues are temporary, and soon I will have a new sexy look. I can't wait!
Hello all, not booked yet but setting up consults now, my first is scheduled for August 20. I want to shoot for December because it will be a slower time for work and I can more easily "disappear" for a few weeks. I need a breast reduction/lift and a tummy tuck. The other advantage of December is that our oldest needs a minor procedure that same month and between the two of us we can wipe out our deductible. Of course that is assuming I can get the breast reduction covered by insurance. I'm a 36 HH with two slipped discs in the past 5 years, serious shoulder grooves and beginning to have persistent skin problems underneath them. You'd think it would be an easy approval but I was denied 2 years ago. I didn't fight it at the time but the second slipped disc has been since then so I'm not going to take "no" for an answer this time! Nice to meet you all, anyone else here in the metro Atlanta area?
December is going to be fun. Haha! I hate insurance...not even going to start on that one. But that should be a no brainer on getting approval. Keep us posted on your consults!
It's going to be awesome. I know two personally and watched their transformations. Now I'm convinced every woman (with kids) who looks incredible has had surgery! My pre op is in November and I'm going to take a bunch of shirts and dresses to try on with different sizers. I don't want to end up huge, just a full c cup...It's nice that we are all doing this together and can chat! What's the estimated time for your surgery?
I just watched botched. Probably not a smart thing. Lol. I am just going with what the doc says. He is using mentor now rather than sientra but I trust his decision. I wanted mentor anyway. I have to set up my annual physical at my doc so insurance pays for that. Estimated time is 4 hours. I have to be there at 7:45 am and they whisk you back pretty fast they said. I wonder how long i will be in recovery after before I get sent home. It is nice we can support each other on this site. I find it very informative. I told my friend about those scar away strips. She had no idea and had implants in April and hasn't used anything. That's because no research. I read too much for my own good!
I love that show! I wish the opening credits and song wasn't so creepy....makes me feel like a creep.
Does your surgeon do drains and pain pump?
I hope so! I haven't met with any surgeons yet. But, I know drains help pull fluid out, which will help decrease pressure on the incision. Maybe the pain pump will be an optional, extra expense. I think it would be worth it.
I get 1 drain and Exparel. It keeps tummy numb up to 72 hours. Heard it makes tremendous difference.
Numb for 72 hours! Wow! I'll have to look into that one.
Yep. You have to ask for it. About $300 but well worth it.
Seems like everyone is getting exparel....my PS won't use it over 36 hours.
Palm Beach Count Florida.
I'm curious, are any of you all getting lipo of flanks? I feel like my PS is really expensive and I wanted to Minimize cost, but my flanks are parked back there and don't want to move. I'm worried not getting lipo will ruin the entire tuck. What do you think?
I don't think I will have liposuction. It's hard to say now though, since I haven't seen a surgeon yet. Wish I could be more help :( Maybe ask someone who had their surgery a few months ago what they think.
I am 33 years old, mom of 2 (3 and 1). Haven't scheduled yet, but am planning my mommy makeover for December 29 or 30. Excited and very nervous! Worried about not being able to lift my kids for 6 weeks after, but really want to do this for myself.
Go for it!!! Get a few consults in your area to see what the doc says. I can't wait for mine 12/19.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to meeting with some surgeons. Since I'm not planning surgery until December, I'm not going to have a consult until October.
Hi, I'm 38 have 3 kids all c-sections getting tummy tuck, implants with lift on Dec 9th. Excited!
Hello! Are you kids pretty young? Just wondering what your plans are as far as childcare after your surgery. I was thinking of hiring a nanny/babysitter for a couple of weeks. My husband will take a week off after my surgery, but then will have to go back to work after that.
Me too!!! Except its December 2nd. My kids are 9, 7 and 2.
Ok. I'm a huge ditz! I don't even know how to respond correctly... Since my kids are school aged and the other is in full time daycare, that the route I'm going. Originally I was going to try for this summer, but I didn't have any support for me and kids are off school. I would definitely hire someone or if very young, see if someone can have them spend a few nights away. I am worried about my little one, he is very clingy and only wants me to do everything for him. Hopefully my husband can handle it! Hahah!
I hope my husband can handle this also...definitely going to take him to my consult to hear about the recovery period and ask any questions. Our kids are young (will be 4 and 2 at the time) and are needy. I will be a third person for him to take care of. Really hope I recover quickly!
Wher r u getting the surgery done? And how much cost? Please!!!