If you're getting a Mommy Makeover in December 2014, check in here!

• 2 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself and why you want this done. Let's connect!

Comments (57)

Sort by

I am scheduled for Dec 11, I am 52 yrs old three children. I am 5'8 175 lbs trying to get 10 more off. I am getting TT,lipo, BL,implants . I go for two more consultations I am getting nervous excited I can't wait to have boobs that stay up and tummy that is flat!!!! Getting it done in Vero beach fl
Yippee!!! I go 12/19 in palm beach gardens! Wish it were sooner!!
I've actually never had any kids, and I'm only 18. I weighed enough to be pregnant with triplets, but it was all fat. I worked hard and lost the weight naturally, but my skin just didn't snap back. I will be getting an extended tummy tuck, and an extended breast lift with implants. I have never in my life had a flat belly, and it's my turn to see it happen!
Good luck and congrats. My mm is 12/19. My weight has fluctuated my entire life. Add a baby to mix my belly won't budge. I got to 135 and still looked heavy in the middle. I'm 5'4 and have not stepped on scale but can tell in my clothes I'm about 150. I am trying to zumba my weight off along with healthy eating. Keep in touch!!
Oh my gosh, my surgery is scheduled for the 19th as well! I'm about 5'6", and I used to weigh about 255 lbs. I exercised and got down to 125 lbs, which was way to little for my body shape. I looked like a skeleton! So I started eating healthy fats instead of refusing them at all, and I now weigh around 155. A lot of the extra weight I have is loose skin around my lower torso.
Funny we will be on the same date and same journey to a new body. I came down with a head cold so ate won ton soup today. No diet for today. Will be back on track tomorrow. My friend says I don't really have loose skin so she doesn't understand a tt but I still have a chubby middle. I still don't get it how they take out skin and put us back together. I can't picture it. I probably shouldn't. Lol.
Haha agreed! I can't even imagine having a flat stomach! People just don't understand our need for this surgery. I think it will help my self esteem a lot, but it won't change who I am! I'll still be the same goofball as before! :)
Lol. Me too. It is a mental thing too. I've read about getting the blues too on here. So be prepared!
Thanks! Will do! :)
I (FINALLY) have my first consult tomorrow! I'm excited, and for some reason, nervous. I was wondering what type of breast implant you all are getting and why?
Yay! I'm getting Mentor Silicone (cohesive gel) moderate plus profile. I researched Mentor products and I think in getting mod plus bc I have very broad shoulders and little flapjacks for breast. Keep me posted on what he or she says!!!! So exciting!
The consult went great! Didn't do sizing, just had an exam and discussed the procedure for surgery. He did tell me that I would not be a good candidate for saline, since I have very little breast tissue. Deciding if silicone or gummy bear is the way to go...Any advice?
I was set on saline before my second consult, but my plastic surgeon advised against it because of, like you, my lack of breast tissue. :/ But, he also got out both a saline and a silicone implant and let me feel them. The feel of the silicone was waaaaaay more realistic! I didn't get to feel a gummy bear one however, so tell me if you hear anything about those! The name makes me giggle! :)
I have two more consults scheduled but I love the surgeon I met yesterday so much I'm almost certain I'll choose him. Anyway, his surgery coordinator said that dates after Thanksgiving are already going fast, it is a very popular time for this kind of surgery due to it a slow period for a lot of people's work. So, how many of y'all are scheduled already? Is anyone else nervous about securing a date this far in advance?
Interesting...I have only talked to one office so far. I told them I wanted to have it done right after Christmas. She said that is a busy time of year, but I shouldn't come in until 8 weeks before the surgery date. She ended up scheduling me 12 weeks before to make sure I can have surgery when I want.
I booked December in July after meeting with 3 total plastic surgeons. Originally I was going to do it in August (but it was only giving me 3 weeks to prepare a whole home with kids and I needed more time to Plan). Plus, I was getting overwhelmed by different drs recommendations. I'm scheduled for dec 2 (put down the deposit) and my pre-op is November 18th. I actually feel good about it this far in advance. I have taken time to research and compiled some pics of breast sizes to show him. I also have noticed some women (if they go too big) can't wear baggy shirts without appearing larger than they are. I don't want that... But in August I wanted bigger. So, it's been a journey realizing what my real goals are now that Things have slowed down and have picked my 1 dr. I have a more concrete vision....and more trust to let him recommend what is best for me...if that makes sense at all? Haha!
Set for 12/19 and booked it in July. Lots of people like teachers take advantage of surgeries like this during their time off so I believe the doc the dates fill up fast. I do have refundable deposit until 2 weeks before but I am comfortable. Not nervous yet but we've got a lot of time to prep!!
As I research and get closer to actually doing this (tummy tuck / lipo and BR) I've noticed something I didn't expect. I'm looking at my current body in a different light, all of a sudden I don't feel so weighed down or bad about it. I look in the mirror naked now and I just see all the things that used to depress me about it as merely impermanent features. I've found myself feeling more comfortable letting it all hang out around DH (who has never been anything but loving no matter how much I beat myself up). It's almost as if I don't identify with those body parts anymore (the saggy belly and big saggy boobs) and therefore I don't feel like they reflect on me in any kind of a negative light. It's been very freeing! Anyone else experiencing anything like that?
Yes, I can relate! After I acknowledged my "issues" and discussed them with my husband, I learned how much he loves me as I am. I always tried to hide my flaws from him, but he really doesn't care as I thought he did. It was very freeing. He is supportive with my decision to have surgery because it will make me happier with my body. I feel like my issues are temporary, and soon I will have a new sexy look. I can't wait!
Hello all, not booked yet but setting up consults now, my first is scheduled for August 20. I want to shoot for December because it will be a slower time for work and I can more easily "disappear" for a few weeks. I need a breast reduction/lift and a tummy tuck. The other advantage of December is that our oldest needs a minor procedure that same month and between the two of us we can wipe out our deductible. Of course that is assuming I can get the breast reduction covered by insurance. I'm a 36 HH with two slipped discs in the past 5 years, serious shoulder grooves and beginning to have persistent skin problems underneath them. You'd think it would be an easy approval but I was denied 2 years ago. I didn't fight it at the time but the second slipped disc has been since then so I'm not going to take "no" for an answer this time! Nice to meet you all, anyone else here in the metro Atlanta area?
December is going to be fun. Haha! I hate insurance...not even going to start on that one. But that should be a no brainer on getting approval. Keep us posted on your consults!
It's going to be awesome. I know two personally and watched their transformations. Now I'm convinced every woman (with kids) who looks incredible has had surgery! My pre op is in November and I'm going to take a bunch of shirts and dresses to try on with different sizers. I don't want to end up huge, just a full c cup...It's nice that we are all doing this together and can chat! What's the estimated time for your surgery?
I just watched botched. Probably not a smart thing. Lol. I am just going with what the doc says. He is using mentor now rather than sientra but I trust his decision. I wanted mentor anyway. I have to set up my annual physical at my doc so insurance pays for that. Estimated time is 4 hours. I have to be there at 7:45 am and they whisk you back pretty fast they said. I wonder how long i will be in recovery after before I get sent home. It is nice we can support each other on this site. I find it very informative. I told my friend about those scar away strips. She had no idea and had implants in April and hasn't used anything. That's because no research. I read too much for my own good!
I love that show! I wish the opening credits and song wasn't so creepy....makes me feel like a creep.
Does your surgeon do drains and pain pump?