Post to Forum

any mommy makeover for 2012!!!

• luna llena
  • canada
  • 3 years ago

hi there,   I'm getting my mommy makeover in january 31st, so nervous and excited!! anyone else out there?? maybe we can comfort each other as time gets closer:) would love to hear from you all

Comments (125)

Sort by

Thanks girls, very much! I am a little worried about what I am going to wear :0. Hoping I will be able to go out and find something the day before. Because really, I have no idea how big the tata's are going to be!! And I know I will have some swelling. I am thinking maybe an empire waist style dress, but I do not want to look PG, I repeat I DO NOT WANT TO LOOK PG,lol. That's why I am going through this whole ordeal....

So all you post op people, do you think your swelling is enough that an empire waist would not be very flattering? Thanks again for all your help.

Hope you are all doing well and healing ,love reading the updates!
Hi Megan, my swelling is usually pretty low....like my waistline (@bb) is fairly normal & then the swelling is from a bit below the bb to my incision. You could prob wear something that shows ur waist but that isn't 2 tight from that down. If u do go with an empire waist I don't think u will look preggers. I would wait before buying anything until closer to the event as you will have a better idea of what will work. Also advise shopping l8 in the day as I assume the formal is in the evening & u will b a similar size, as the swelling tends to be worse twds the end of the day :-)
I am 2 weeks since surgery....I think you will be fine just
B careful and keep yourself in recovery mode...
I am at 4 weeks today and I would say yes... Dancing and such may be a little much. But If I had to go to something tonight I would be able to. MY biggest complaint now is the skin on my Breasts are very sore. They are peeling and a little tender...So hugs are a tad painful.... But my opinion as long as hubby is willing to come home if you DO get sore towards the 3/4 of the night point I say go...I am fully upright only I do tend to get a little stiff at night.
Hey questions for you ladies that are reaching the 4 week out point. We just got an invitation for an Alumni Formal at the college my husband and I went too. It is is going to be 4 weeks out from surgery, I know I won't feel like partying it up by any means, but I will be able to go right?!? I really don't want to miss this!

It'sbeen-Yuck on the cough attack :( And lol at the crotchless garment driving you nuts, yeah, I like things on my underparts too,lol.

MM-Yay for being 12 days post op! hope the swelling continues to improve!!
I'm 3.5 weeks out from full Tt and BL and I could go out tonight. Like the PP said, probably no dancing but I could go and socialize and get dressed up no problem. Will probably get tired a little early but no problem otherwise ;) have fun!
I am 3.5 wks today & I am going out tonight. I could possibly handle some light dancing but that's not part of the plan :-)
I am still in soft bras and swelling a fair bit but I went back to work in business dress on Wed & I just wore longer looser tops to hide the swelling (as I will be doing tonight) & no one seemed to notice.
You may want to give some thought to what to wear as hopefully that will be ur biggest issue. Good luck & have fun!
Hey girls, I'm 12 days post op from tummy tuck w/ lipo, umbilical hernia repair, breast augmentation with nipple reduction. I'm definitely feeling the swelling...I have a love/hate relationship with this stupid garment. I feel like I'm swelling sooo much anytime it's off. I hate that it's crotchless...feels so gross!! Did anyone else have intense itching around the tummy tuck scar? It seemed like mine got really bad after my last check up when the Dr pulled the tape off. My skin around the scar is so red and irritated...not sure if it's some sort of reaction to the tape or if this is normal. I go in again on Thurs so will get it checked out, but it's driving me nuts!!
Also, still taking pain meds at night (about 1 every 5 hrs) and have just dropped to 1/2 a pill every 5-6 hrs during the day. I tried coming off completely yesterday to just Tylenol, but it definitely didn't cut it for me. I feel like I'm behind or something...like I should be driving by now! Getting so cooped up and depressed at home. Did it take anyone else this long to wean off the meds? Sooooo ready to just be normal again!!!!
I took mine pain meds then due to a MASSINVE cough attack that really was painful for a week after. Doc said I pulled the internal suchers. but no full ripping them out of the muscle. And just a thought IF you still HAVE the meds maybe doc felt you may need it. dont beat yourself up over that. spend your energy resting ( HA I know hard to do) I WISH I had a crotchless garment at times. Mine is a wrap around velcrow thing and it drives me nuts. You could put your panties over it.. thats what I do looks stupid but t least my parts are covered that way.. I went back a week in the healing process because I was overdoing it.. I won't let that happen again. Your not behind at all.. Just give it a week you'll be good.
Thanks Long Enough!! The Dr made me feel better about it yesterday, too..."everyone's different and you're fine to still be taking them if you need them."
So glad to hear from all you gals. I love reading the updates and seeing the pics!

Shell-12 pounds, that is fantastic! Okay, so week 2-3 I will be on the lookout.

Cemo-need to go check for photo updates!

I am doing ok, I am a little over 5 weeks out and it is creeping by right now,I just want it done NOW,lol. But I know March is going to be here before I know it and then reality will set in.
Hi Megan, So I was probably the most swollen week 2 and 3 but it is starting to decrease it has it's good days and bad! I'm down 12 pounds since surgery.. Very happy with those numbers but yeah the swelling is so annoying! How are you?
Hey MMers. I am 3 weeks out today. Spoke to my PS yesterday, asked him about exercise level. He said ONLY walking was allowed for at least 2 more weeks. No stress on the MR. We talked on the phone. I have a post op appointment tomorrow. I am very excited for him to see me. I am really liking my results so far. I may take some photos tonight and post them to my review, so you can look at the difference between 1 week and 3 weeks post op. Glad everyone is doing well. For those of you not on this side yet, you will be SO HAPPY you finally did this. Talk to yall soon.
Durham-Glad the pain is not all that bad and yay for getting an appetite back.
Hi all:) I am definitely swelling. Sticking to my pain meds but I have stretched it out to 5.5 hours. This is my 2nd day post open I guess. I can walk now and do to rest room by my self...got my appetite back today!!:) have been guzzling water. I have one drain that it takes all day to fill... Pain is manageable....but still get frustrated with how much I can't actually do....I feel bad for all that people are having to do but I am also so greatful too. Overall extremely happy will post pics soon:)
Okay, my "before" pictures are up. Can I blame them on bad lighting, lol.

Shell how are you feeling? swelling? Everybody else, how is your swelling?
Nice Megan sounds like a plan with your chairs! Believe or not posting pictures really helps, kind of that extra push to get you pumped up! But i agree never thought in a million years I would of done it lol! Can't wait to see you post op:)
Hope everyone else is doing good, would love some updates:)
Thanks for all the tips, keep 'em coming! Luckily we have too wing back recliner chairs in our Family room. So I am going to move one to our Bedroom for a week or so and then I will still have one on the main floor as well.

And I would have never thought about the bathroom rise, ingenious!!

I am trying to get my before pics loaded, eek, never thought I would spilling the goods on the internet,lol.

How are all our Post op girls feeling? Anyone up for surgery this week?
Hi ladies. I just added some post op day 12 pictures. I hope they inspire. I am so pleased with the results so far!!
Hi luna, you should add toilet seat riser and baby wipes to your list( it's so hard to sit down on a toilet plus not showering for a few days the wipes come in handy!
@ megan I agree with midget your doctor will prob give you a nausea RX it did come in handy the first 48 for sure!
Good question I'm buying a used recliner from Craigslist picking it up on Tuesday and I am just trying to decide where I'll place it. My BR is upstairs so I was wondering if I should put it in the family room but if the kids are moving around I won't be able to rest there. I suppose I won't feel too much like going up and down the stairs.
I have my recliner set up in family/tv room, just off the kitchen. I sleep in it every night and spend most of my days here as well.
I slept in the recliner in my BR. My first night in the bed, I switched to the recliner. I’ve been in the bed for 2 night now. Last night I slept very good in the bed. Woke up flat on my back and was not hurting.
Also question for you ladies who have already had it done, are you sleeping in a recliner? If so, what room did you get put it in?
Hi Megan, make sure u get nausea meds from ur Doc, just in case. I had a moment r 2 of nausea, that the meds took care of quickly. I would normally tend towards that so I asked for some. Surprisingly, i was much less sick than than I thought I would be. Taking ur meds with food or at least crackers helps.
My recliner is in my bedroom near the bathroom. For the first few days that is where u want 2 be. I was comfortable on the couch w a footsool & pillows on Day 4 po when I wanted a change of scenery. Day 5 po today & think I will stay in the recliner @the night until my drains r out. Don't fancy lying on those things :-)