Post to Forum

March and April 2013 Mommy Makeover ladies check in here!

• 1 year ago

Tell us a little about yourself and let's support each other through this journey.

Comments (622)

Sort by

How are you April MM ladies doing? I'm very happy with my breasts, but still not able to wear most of my clothes. Thought by now I'd be in them. I've tried everything from eating only salads/vegies to shakes etc and watching sodium intake. I swear I'm still really swollen. Also have had some thyroid issues since surgery. I can actually do sit ups now, but the more I do, the more swollen I seem to be. Anyone else struggling to get the weight off? So frustrating.. I'm up like 10 pounds! UGH!! Started some synthroid for my thyroid- hopefully that will work! Hope you are all doing great and loving your new bodies. Any ideas to get rid of this extra weight?
Pretty quiet round here! I am doing well, finally almost back to regular workouts. I am also up roughly 10 pounds. I'm not really sure what it is, I won't say none of my clothes fit. Most of my clothes DO fit! But they just don't fit right anymore! I always used to say "if only I could get rid of this extra flap of skin" around my belly/hip area. And now that its gone...the clothes are now way too big in the waist. But yet im still way up in weight. Frustrating After week 9-10 my swelling got so much better. I don't really notice any swell. My only issue has been with the weird sensations/pulling in my belly button. I still can't really arch my back too much to stretch out too far, it feels like something will snap! I took thyroid meds a few years ago, I kept reading they can cause weight loss lol never worked for me! I am dying to take off this 8-10 pounds!
great to hear from you! My belly button feels the same. I'm still up 10 pounds. It just wont budge. I'm eating very clean- so not sure what else I can do! Pants still do not button:( I have to see my PS for pics in a couple of weeks and am beginning to worry!
I will have my right breast redone as I developed too much scar tissue and it never dropped. I hope you get your stomach to where you are happy and back in your clothes. I love QUEST bars for high protein and low carb to help with the hunger and keep the weight off. Best of luck
Funny you say that! I actually tried to find them tonight at my grocery store and they did not have them. Where do you get them? Sorry about your right breast. I may have to have something done o my belly button- it has gotten very small . I 'll say a prayer!
Did anyone have any belly button issues around 4 weeks po? Mine is oozeing and burns..kinda red too
Hi, I just had y br and tt 5 days ago. Did anyone have squishy liquid sounds from a reduced breast? I her and feel gurgling when I use my arms to change clothes.
I am 11 weeks out and doing pretty well. I still swell at night in my scar area. I am also swollen in my hips and tops of legs. My old jeans don't fit but the new shorts I bought were 6s but a lower rise. The jeans were more like an eight. So I really think it must be some swelling. I tried them on again and they are getting better... I am getting my dog ears fixed Monday and I will let y'all know how it goes. Mine are prominent in knit dresses. I saw my dermatologist today and she said my scars look great!! All I have used is Eucerin cream. Still have some embedded stiches that I might see if he can get out on Monday. They are under the skin but poke out too. They are below my scar. Also my scar is lowering and shrinking.
my swelling is above my scar area it is a little odd as it is fairly high on my torso. I am wearing my spanx all day, everyday (except at night) to try and reduce this. Also notice a big difference based on how much salt I ingest. For bras I went to a place called intimates where they did a true fitting. It was nice, I feel like my bra fits for the first time. It will be even better when the right side is in the right place
Wow swelling at 11 weeks. I was hoping it would get better:-( Good luck on your revisions! How do they fix the dog ears??
I think they extend the scar to flatten the ends Yes I think swelling is off and on for awhile 6 months to a year. It is because those lymphatic channels haven't been reestablished. I love my bikini anyway!!
Anyone start BRA shopping yet for those who had BA? I haven't but I had lots of C cup bras from a few years ago before I lost all my weight (and my boobs) And those are seemingly too big:-( I had the idea that my implant size would bring me back up to a C from the deflated B I was. I chose saline 360 cc However...I will say that I love the look of my boobs now. They look soooo much better!
Hi! Wanted to respond... I have tried a couple of bras on and bought one, sizes are so different from different manufacturers - In one bra at Victoria's Secret I was a 32DD and another bra I was a 36C. I seem to be a 34D or 36D generally. I had 350CC moderate plus profile under the muscle. I started with a 34A sometimes B. But you are right about how they look better! Mine totally do and not saggy!
I'm not ready to do bra shopping yet, I've been a bit disappointed with my "unevenness" since my boobs dropped. I realize its probably not noticeable to anyone but it really is to me. One other question, did you buy an underwire?? I still feel I need one, I've been curious about what size ill need to buy but clearly it seems that sizing is all so different!
I also posted a few before/after photos finally!
I was 6 weeks yesterday and the dr released me to exercise. It was an eye opening experience! I don't know if I'm just still swollen, but have gained like 2 inches everywhere on my body! UGH! I worked out 6 days a week for an hour prior to surgery and I couldn't even lay flat to do one measly partial sit- up yesterday. Guess I will keep walking. Any one else back to working out? How's it going? I know I need to be patient and take it slowly, but I'm not very patient!
Starting exercise was very hard, as it just seemed I Had no energy, but then it kicked in. I am still swollen higher on my stomach, but not lower. You will do great.
I still have 2 more weeks to go until I get cleared. I was just like you going to the gym 6 days a week for an hr and now my, then, loose shorts are getting tight :( SIGH! I can't wait to get back, I'm planning on just starting slow on the treadmill only until I feel good about doing more. I DON'T want to undo my recovery so far. Take it slow :)
When did you start doing more than walking? Today I did only a walk, some leg exercises, and a few very light arm movements- no weights. Trying to be careful so I don't mess anything up!
I know the feeling! My loose clothes are tight now too! So tired of wearing dresses and draw string pants!!! Want to wear my shorts and regular clothes. Soon...
Oh wow I am glad to see that I'm not the only one with tight clothes. I've bought maxi dresses and skirts cause I'm sick of wearing these "sundressy" things! I was a size 4 before surgery but I swear I can't even get pants buttoned now and even my yoga pants seem overly tight. As all of you I was also working out 6-7 days per week. I really hope it's just the lack of exercise. My weight is a few pounds less but things are definitely jiggly looking. I feel so much larger in my abdomen area and hip/thighs now. I tried doing my Jillian Michaels workouts and I just skipped over the ab work parts. Otherwise everything feels ok I am just moving a bit slower than I was previously. Is anyone still numb?? I still have no feeling in my upper hips... Is anyone NOT swelling at this stage? I can't wait for it to all go away.
I'm pretty far behind most of you since I had to move my surgery date from March to May. I had been assaulted 5 days before my March surgery day :( . On Friday I will be 4 weeks post op. The only area that's still numb is my TT area. I had not thought of buying Maxi dresses... hello.. good idea!
My abdomen is still numb, especially along the incision line, and around my naval. I cant button any of my pants either and regular dresses no longer zip around the top area. On a brighter note, most of my older triangle swim tops without cups work, they no longer have to be tied so tight around my neck to lift me up- (:
My clothes are tight too!! I can't fit into any of my shorts.. The scale says I'm up 3 lbs but its all in my butt/hips/thighs! I have played racquetball twice (just busy with summer stuff and two small kids) and I felt perfectly fine with the hard cardio/high impact. My clothes not fitting is frustrating and I need to diet I guess!! Unlike the comment below my triangle tops do NOT fit, I actually listed most of my old bikinis on eBay last weekend. It's like trying to cover a bowling ball with a postage stamp lol- looks ridiculous!! Numb at my incision and around belly button. How is everyone's belly button looking? Mine is still red with a thick scar... Beginning to wonder if it will heal? My PS said to put a silicone sheet on it. I suppose I should.
My bb is also still pretty red with nice ring around it. I cut a square of my silicone sheets (I'm using the scar away long strips) to put over my bb and been doing it a little over a week. I haven't noticed a ton of difference yet. My scar is looking mostly darker now with alot of purple.