Post to Forum

March 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 10 months ago

Comments (1,697)

Sort by

T/T on March 27... have still been dealing with swelling (all day kind); last Friday got a lot more complicated when we were in a car accident that totalled our car (everyone walked away but me). Seat belt bruise across my abdomen. It cut me on the right hip above the tt scar. Spent a couple days in trauma to monitor fluid in my abdomen. Home now. Abdomen is now back at that tight, uncomfortable stage again. PS came to hospital to see me and was on consult with trauma surgeon. Said if they had to go in to fix anything he'd be on site to open and close the incision... keeping it nice and clean. Feeling lucky after the accident. Feeling great about my ps choice. Patience is big part of my vocabulary!
Oh wow Pollo....glad you all (almost) walked away. Your surgeon sounds like he's on the case....hope you feel better soon. X
You sound like me, I feel like my belly looks like a beer belly also but then people tell me I look great because some knew what I use to look like before my TT. I too had the MR and I am still in pain at times, when I sit up in my bed & get of my car a lot of things. At times my belly feels so tight I feel so bad I don't know if any of you are like this if so let me know what you did for relief. I still swell scar tender at times but it's healed great. We just have to stick together and try to uplift one another. We all wanted to make a change for us and we did. I have a tshirt line called Classy Diva because no matter how large you are you are still Classy & a Diva. I know I am. Keep me posted and stay in contact all of you and I will do the same.
Hey everyone. It is kind of nice seeing everyone's journey and knowing I am not alone!! I had my TT 3/17 and have been really happy with it. I was hoping to see how some of you are doing with the swelling issue. I started working out after about 4 weeks (spinning) and light ab work around 7 weeks. About 25 days ago I started doing the 30 ab challenge as well as the 30 day shred video in conjunction with my spinning and running. All of a sudden about 5 days ago I started to notice a great amount of swelling all the way up through the abdomen (at least I hope it's swelling!!) I measured tonight and I am literally 3.5 inches bigger around my waist than 2 weeks ago. I want to cry but keep trying to convince myself it is truly swelling and not weight gain :( Anyone else seeing this kind of swelling still? Sometimes I think I am crazy obsessed........
Ok! Hey March TTuckers! Haven't been on in a while but I was wondering? Are any of you completely flat? I feel like I still have to hold in my tummy! This makes me so sad. I mean don't get me wrong the skin and messed up bb is WAY better, but I still feel like I have a gut?!!! :( Help!
Hey ttmom.....I'm a March TT'er too. Flat in the morning....not so much as the day goes on! And upping my activity level....haha...I look like a stuffed sausage! As you said....it's all much better than the sad-sack belly, but I'll be glad when I get to the stage where I'm not swelling up each afternoon/evening! I also appear to have lost my waist.....I'm straight up n down in between boobs & hips now. *sigh* back on that treadmill.....
Yes! Back on the treadmill is right!! It's been hard for me to jump back in after my TT. Thanks for responding! :)
I am still struggling with swelling. My engergy level is not what it used to be .
Anneall49....I thought it was just me! I'm 19 weeks post op and most evenings I could be in bed by 8pm! I've been swimming laps since around week 12, but my first time back at the bike & treadmill was last week. Holy-moly....this recovery-thingy is going to take a lot longer......@ttmom....pace yourself. I've also found it difficult to get back where I was pre-surgery. I guess we're governed by what our bodies want & need. Happy healing, ladies....onwards n upwards!
I feel the same way! I have to hold it in for it to be completely flat BUT I don't think anyone else would notice what I consider to be my "gut". :)
No, you are not alone, I still hold mines & when I sleep it feels like everything is moving from side to side.
I am 12 weeks post op and still have openings in my incision. Two on left and three on right. - at hip bones. Pulling stitches and staples out every couple days. Anyone else with these issues? I have little to no swelling, down 5 lbs since surgery (at 109 now) and super happy with overall look. Just wish this dang incision would close up finally!!
I haven't checked in for a while, I have been having the major blahs. My journey started last October when I had to have massive hernia repair. Was told to wait on the TT/Lipo until March, which I did. PS was unable to stitch muscles, apart from below my bb due to the mesh and scar tissue. So, no tightening at top of abdomen. Didn't look too bad at first, I did have a massive amount of fluid build up though. After being released from the binder, my stomach swelled up so much, I look like I am pregnant. It is as if I have a basket ball in my belly. bb down is flat. I went to doc last week as I noticed a lump above my bb, and joy of joys, the mesh used in hernia repair aboove bb has been pushed out. They seem to think that was caused by the pressure of the fluid build up. So, scheduled for hernia repair again July 17th, PS will also be there to hopefully put a stitch or 2 in if he is able to. This is so very much not what I had hoped for. My belly is rock hard at the end of the day and the incision feels like it's it strained and about to pop! bb is still an 'outie' I just want this all over with, will be 3rd abdominal surgery since October and I hate to go through this all again. I just hope it's truly worth it in the end. I cannot keep my jeans pulled up as they slide right off the roundness of my belly. Trying not to be depressed but now have to spend more $$ (no fee for ps but have to pay facility and anaest.) and have to spend more time in a binder in the middle of summer. Ugh !! Thank god for wine !!!!!!
You poor thing!! I definitely have my bad swell hell days and I am almost at the 4 month mark (hernia repair, MR and TT on March 3rd). I also have the bulging look above my belly button, it really bothers me because I was really under the impression that "my guts" were going to be sewn up tight with the Hernia and Muscle repair. Some days it looks pretty good and other days I look like I have a pregnant upper belly! The one thing I have been really happy with is the look of my new belly button! I never realized how much I had missed it the past 15+ years, until I finally saw my new one!! I really hope you get good results with your upcoming surgery and I haven't gotten a chance to see if you had before and after pictures on your profile, but taking those pictures for myself has really helped with my recovery. Seeing it every day with my own eyes, I don't notice much of a difference but when they are all in a row, I can see how far I've come since I started this whole process!! Good Luck!! Happy Thoughts!!!
Ok, I am really regretting having this surgery, will be 4 months next week and my hips, thighs and waist look like crap and I am still swollen in my lower tummy and pelvic area. WTH, I weigh 110 pounds haven't lost one ounce since surgery and my clothes still do not fit like they did pre surgery. I work out 5 days a week, average about 10 to 12 miles of jogging a week and around 4 to 5 hours of weight training a week. HOW THE HELL CAN I NOT BE GETTING SMALLER? is this crap around my midsection and upper legs/hips REALLY still swelling from my tummy tuck that took place on Feb 28th? I am to the point that I am actually depressed and just cry for no reason. I loved my body pre surgery except for the loose tummy skin and now I hate it. Please tell me I am not alone here because I am regretting ever having this done.
I am also swollen still, bellow BB and above incision... like a pocket of area that hasn't healed yet. I still look like I have the dreaded "mommy pooch". I got to a point where I was really depressed too. But my PS said based on the pics he takes of me every month, that the swelling is indeed going down, and that it could take 6months to a year to see final results. Keep in mind that the more active you are, the more swelling you will get. I took a week off from the gym before I went to the beach earlier this month in an attempt to be less swollen and therefore more comfy in my bikini. I was almost completely flat that week... I am now back to the gym and swelling again. Hang in there.. if you are not happy in the end, there are things PS can do to MAKE you happy!
Fitmomma83- did you do lipo? If so are you still experiencing swelling in your upper thighs, hips and back area (the dreaded muffin top)?
You are not! And all you will ever hear from doctors and others, is that it will take time and that it is different for every one. It was so bad for me at the beginning that I just stopped exercising and didn't watch my food intake, it resulted in my feeling and looking worst, so about a week ago I started exercising and trying to watch my diet. I don't thing doing all the right things is going to hurt you. It did take a long time for me to recover from C-sections so it might be the s ame for the TT, MR and a rhinoplasty :(
I did have lipo, only of the flanks and very minimal. I had no bruising or pain associated with the lipo, and very minimal swelling that went away very quickly =) lucky me! My only problem area has been lower belly swelling. I still look prego sometimes, especially when I've been working all day or exercising.
You sound like me, I feel like my belly looks like a beer belly also but then people tell me I look great because some knew what I use to look like before my TT. I too had the MR and I am still in pain at times, when I sit up in my bed & get of my car a lot of things. At times my belly feels so tight I feel so bad I don't know if any of you are like this if so let me know what you did for relief. I still swell scar tender at times but it's healed great. We just have to stick together and try to uplift one another. We all wanted to make a change for us and we did. I have a tshirt line called Classy Diva because no matter how large you are you are still Classy & a Diva. I know I am. Keep me posted and stay in contact all of you and I will do the same.
Hi everyone, Debbie Downer here!!! Has anyone been unhappy with the total picture??? I got inner thigh liposuction & liposuction of the abdomen with the TT & although my tummy is flat now I have BIGGER looking hips & saddle bags!!!! Urgh!!! I guess because my waist is smaller?? I WAS looking forward to my Caribbean sailing vacay in two weeks but now I don't even want to put a swimsuit on. Maybe a tan will help??? I'm very discouraged. I work out 6 days a week, no junk food, etc. I really thought I'd look better by 3 months. Sounds like some others here are equally discouraged. Every day this swelling makes me look like a pig. All this $$$ for what??? Will I never be satisfied? Is it me??? Ghheezzze I need a drink of the adult beverage type!!!! Lol. And to top it off I can't find either of my CGs. I think my bf pitched them. I'm just pissed tonight!!! Sorry everyone.
Yes I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had lipo on inner thighs middle of March and you would never be able to tell. They are as nasty as before. And I don't know if the swelling in my belly is from the supposed "expected" swelling or what... All I know is my expectations of how I thought I should look at this point are far from what I'm seeing. Very frustrated. Just started getting into a more rigorous workout regime including running and working out with a trainer. If I don't soon see better results heads are going to roll!!!
Been a while but here goes......11 weeks post op, incision has healed completely (at last!). I was due to return to work today but due to a cock-up on their part, I get another day off! My gym membership resumed yesterday so I took the opportunity to go swimming, my target being 20 laps of the pool (down from 60 laps pre-surgery) which I thought was a reasonable aim. Haha.....not so! I got to 8 & the pull/burn started in earnest....ended on 17 laps. After a shower & the drive home, I need a nap...lol! It's 11.40am! Belly doesnt feel part of me yet and still a bit swollen & hard. It's looking flipping brilliant though, even if I do say so myself....haha....getting changed into my swimsuit in the communal changing room is no longer a towel-wrangling contortionist act....yippee! Hope everyone is healing beautifully, now we're almost at the 3-month mark.
Oh girls, I am 12 weeks today and am still swollen in my lower abs and hips. Is this normal this far into the recovery??? I have read where everyone says you will love it by 3 months and this is close to your final results???? Please tell me this isn't the case...... :( my stomach is still mushy hard and still somewhat numb, which in am assuming is because the nerves are still healing. I do work out and thing this is the other evil twin- don't work out and gain weight and get flabby or work out and swell more. Please someone tell me if I am normal with the swelling at 12 weeks. I did go and get checked about a week and a half ago and they said all looked good. I didn't have much muscle repai as my PS said I wasn't to bad and could tell I worked out but I did have lipo on my sides. surgery was 2/28 Help, need some encouragement and to know if this is normal.