Post to Forum

June 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 11 months ago

Comments (4,396)

Sort by

Still so thankful for this forum. Lets me not feel so alone...
Not alone. Even though I don't post much I read these posts everyday.
:)
I am also noticing that my tummy seems bulgy when I sit. What is that!? It wasn't like this before. When standing, the belly seems ok. Laying down, it also seems higher or swollen. .dunno. If someone is 4 or 5 months please share if this is normal for 13 weeks. In the meanwhile I plan to workout and eat clean for the next 6 weeks then re-assess. Definitely don't feel as sexy as when I first had the sx. So I hope I see positive changes in 6 weeks. Im also heavily stressed for the past month...ughhhhh
I am where you are (14 weeks). I feel that way too, although I haven't been eating as well as I should. I think some of it is swelling (hopefully).
Hopefully. ..
posted some new pics.
You look great!
Okay ladies, tell me please, does anyone have a funny looking bump just over the incision below the belly button. I don't know what it is but it looks like my guts might be pushing out?? it's not swelling cause I have it in the morning and it is a solid mass, so not flubber and I can't suck it in all the way. I'm getting worried my stitches did come undone and the muscle isn't holding my insides in anymore. waaaaaa!!!!! it looks weird. I'm happy otherwise, not 100% (I gained some weight so put on a bit of flab and don't look so curvy anymore as in the beginning). but overall better than before surgery. I haven't updated in a long time, I know....sorry.....life got busy.
I'm a little over 14 weeks and notice loosening skin around BB and above it. Has anyone noticed this. I can't tell if it's swelling or not.
I have the same thing right now....13 weeks PO. I don't notice it much standing straight (except I have a lump (swelling?) above my belly button). But when I bend over, I have 2 folds of loose skin, above and below my BB. I REALLY hope its swelling!! Plus I have a slight muffin top when I wear jeans. I guess we have to wait it out and see. Even if it wasn't just the normal swelling, they really can't do much about it yet anyway right?
Thank you for sharing your experience. It's good to know others have similar concerns. I hope the swelling goes down. It's really pretty tight standing but as you said, bending over there's loose skin. It's better than before. But it's a little crinkles and the skin is bumpy along the incision.
I believe you're right. I think they wait until at least 6 months. I have the upper "bulge" too. I also still get a really poofy "Ken doll" most evenings. This really worries me!! I know I'm still looking a million times better than before but I still notice it. I'm 16 weeks today.
I agree, so much better than the "before" me, but still. I don't expect perfection, I just want the best results for my body. I look at people that are farther along than us, but haven't really found anyone say " wow, that stuff I worried about at 3 months is all gone now!!" But I do think that most of the people that are satisfied with their results seem to post alot less. I hate waiting! LOL
I'm trying not to judge it to harshly until the 6 month mark. Thanks for the comment.
"LIKE"
I actually tried to start a forum discussion about this very thing, to gauge when people are feeling better about all these mentioned concerns. Maybe it's still empty because people who are happy forgot to visit us anymore :)
I think we're all our own worst critics! One side of my incision from my tt has more (extra skin) than the other side, like not enough skin was removed. I've pointed it out to big my husband and my oldest daughter and they can't see it. It really bothers me and so I pointed out out to my ps and he did say I'm still in the healing stages, but he said if it still bothered me at my 9 month post-op, he would fix it. He said it's minor, but like I said, I think we're all very critical of ourselves. We've paid a lot of money to look perfect and we've gone through a lot of pain and discomfort. We want it all to be what we expected it to be. I'm just grateful I look 100% better than I used to!
I know Newme. It's a funny position to be in. I feel mostly amazing in clothes but without clothes I see a lot of imperfections. I am SO happy when I look at my before pictures as there IS a huge difference but I do look like I have "dog ears" at the moment and a bulge in my upper abs. I also get swollen low down and feel like this area might need lipo. However, I am prepared to wait until the 6 month check & see how it all looks then. I feel like I have come so far yet still have a ways to go....
Totally know how you feel Funky Nana! I could go on and on about the rest of my body too. .. But again, I have people, my family and others tell me daily how amazing I look! Of course most of these people don't see me naked and in all reality for the most part, we're all usually dressed. I think we all need to give ourselves a part on the back for going through this sx and bettering or lives and bodies, and more importantly continue giving our bodies what they need to be healthy. I'm so grateful that I've learned how to take care of my body! I'm sooooooooo extremely grateful for this beautiful body I have! I hope all of you can realize how beeeeautiful you really are! Healing will take time, but your body is already better than it was before. :)
I've also noticed that when my swelling goes down, the volume doesn't. It just gets more wobbly which is similar to how it was before. I'm hoping this sorts itself out a bit. I still have quite hard abdominal pain when I sneeze, so I think my abs have a bit more healing to do (I had muscle repair).
I agree it's a huge improvement on how it used to look. But that being said, it was a lot of money and a lot of pain to go through to not be completely satisfied with the outcome. I was curious if others had seen this type of healing process/changes in appearance of skin and texture at this particular stage. The communication provides a benchmark of sorts to measure the healing process.
I posted something in the April TT page, hoping to hear from someone that said "Yes, thats how I felt at that point! But it is so much better now!" ....still waiting :) Maybe I should do farther back, maybe January? :)
"LIKE"
I am four weeks out and very happy with my results. The two main places my excess skin bothered me where when I was wearing my gym clothes (can't hide ANYTHING in spandex) and when I was naked. I never expected to be perfect (or look 25 years old). I WILL be happier when I can lift weights and run, though because I am losing some muscle tone here!