Post to Forum

June 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 10 months ago

Comments (4,212)

Sort by

I am definitely looking at getting spot lipo help results of the TT. I still have a few little pockets of puffiness - especially just under my ribcage. People will think I'm crazy because my results are so good. But - as I told my surgeon - if this was my natural body I would be really happy. But since I paid for my stomach, I want it as close to perfect as possible. I know I will be paying for facility and anesthesia again, though much less and the surgeon is free. But it will be worth it to me.
ugh!!!! This was meant as a "reply" to a comment below. Sorry for the double post.
any other runners who are getting back and get sore when running?? starting to get frustrated as i so badly want to get back to running, but it causes discomfort to upper abs that i don't have any other time. PS says nothing to worry about, but still makes me nervous so i'm sticking with non-impact for longer... wondering if anyone else is having the same
That happens to me. I wear a really tight corset type thing (I bought it at Macy's) over compression shorts and it helps.
Yes. I get some soreness in my upper abs, above BB. My upper back and neck will be sore the next day. I'm thinking it's because I didn't run or do any exercising for 6+ weeks. The compression racer back top and compression shorts help during the run.
Which brand sdtina?? I haven't been able to find any compression tops
I started running at 5 weeks post-op and, yes, I felt a lot of discomfort but took it easy. At 6 weeks my ps told me I was perfectly fine to push myself so that's what I've done. I was uncomfortable for a couple more weeks (can't really remember exactly how long), but I'm 11 weeks post-op now and I'm fine. I'm still not as fast as I was before surgery, but I don't have pain.
The last few times that I have gone to spinning, my heart rate has gone crazy and is taking a few hours to come back to normal. My daughter thinks I am overdoing. But I am not sure. I am in good shape and I am just working out as I always have. Anyone else finding that they are having trouble with cardio?
I definitely am! I used to run at least 3 miles/day and now I struggle to complete one. Some days are easier than others. I've almost passed out a couple of times. I think it's just part of working our way back to "normal."
I've struggled too. It gets a little easier each time...but still not where I was. Saw my PS today, he said that I can do anything that my body will allow... No restrictions. So I'm fixing to attempt sit ups...again!
I also have had no restrictions since week 6. This is so frustrating. Also going to try working on abs
Glad to hear I am not alone
My first comment here. I am 7.5 weeks PO from a lower body lift. I swelled up at the front the day after surgery and it stayed that way for 7 weeks. This weekend was the first time that it went down a little. I returned to work at 3 weeks and, even though I work in an office job, it does get aggravated throughout the day. Just sitting in my office chair is uncomfortable, and several times I have got up and been so tight in the middle that I am really bent over. I had a haematoma removed at 5 weeks. For a few hours the swelling went down, but it came straight back. My surgeon was happy with the kind of swelling it was though. I think I am behind the recovery curve. I know I had a big operation but I thought I would be running by now! I have started cycling again and am finding that quite difficult. I just can't wait until the weekend when I can relax again and see it go back down. I am managing to wear my pre-surgery trousers but only just, they are still tighter than before.
Give it time. I am 11 weeks and for the most part, I am flat. I swell up on the days I work out or eat salty food
Hi Elias12, What does a lower body lift entail? Is it skin removal only (not that that isn't significant), or does it involve muscle repair? Lipo? Regardless, hang in there. I didn't really understand how long the swelling and pain would last, but at 7.5 weeks I am still feel twinges, swelling comes and goes, and I am not back running either, but I'm walking 2 miles now, faster, and now with dog, so I take those all as baby steps. You will get there too! Are you wearing compression garments? That support might help. Whatever exercise time you do, make sure you lie down and cool off for at least a comparable amount of time. You are still healing from a major surgery. Be gentle with yourself. V V
Yes, the salty food REALLY impacts me. I have been paranoid about sodium since my surgery. It sure seems to make a difference! Ladies, we are so hard on ourselves, this recovery rakes time!!!
"Takes"
I have an incision all the way round my waist. I had lost 10 stone and, although my belly was the worst, I also had saggy thighs and behind. I had abdominal muscle repair and liposuction as well, in various places. I do get a bit of swelling on my sides and back, but not much. It is almost all over my belly above the incision. I was given a compression garment to wear for 2 weeks constantly, and then 3 months during the day. But I still wear it most nights. I feel like I might be very attached to it now. As my belly is still very numb, it feels odd to walk around without support, and I feel quite vulnerable at my front as well.
Has anyone gotten completely flat? I'm 9 weeks post op and swelling goes up and down but I always have swelling above my incision right below my belly button. Just wondering because it seems like many others are completely flat some days.
Some mornings I am very flat. But when I swell, it is in the same area
I always have some swelling below my belly button and I'm 11 weeks post-op today... It's much better than it has been but it's still there, but not just as prominent.
i'm with you itsgone - i'll be 9 weeks tomorrow, and end of day or with any exercise i get SO swollen still. my PS calls it "rebound swelling". mostly flat in the morning, but by end of day, watch out! hoping it improves soon as it is super frustrating telling myself to be patient as this is not a virtue for me :)
I am flat in the morning when I first get up, but I swell alittle almost right away. Then at the end of the day I am more swollen (most days, not all). I am 8 weeks PO.
I'll catch up properly later, but I've just put up some 2 month pics :)
I posted some7.2 week pics