Post to Forum

June 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 11 months ago

Comments (4,362)

Sort by

I'm a little over 14 weeks and notice loosening skin around BB and above it. Has anyone noticed this. I can't tell if it's swelling or not.
Had my tummy tuck done early June - have resumed working out - mostly running and ab workout. Happy that Im able to do sit ups unassisted but stomach is still sore, especially on the right. I started running about two years ago and so difficult to do with 40DDs and hanging tummy - had those suckers reduced along with the tummy tuck... Running now is getting a lot easier have a 10k this November and half next year... I hope my tummy flattens a little more and belly button returns to normal (still looks like a "manhole."
Posted 14 week photos. Each day is a little more progress but I'm still surprised with the swelling and I'm not running every day, just every other day. But I am signed up for a half marathon for November. Up to 7 miles for my long run.
That's amazing that you're going to do a half marathon in November! I've been running about 5K 4-5 days a week and ran 10k a couple of weeks ago. The 10k whipped my butt! I want to do a half marathon but I think that will have to wait until next summer. ..
Good luck with your half next summer. The longer run takes a little out of me so we'll see how training goes.
Wow I an no runner by any means but you ladies are definitely inspiring me to get back to my couch to 5k this week.
Protecting the investment lol - C25K is a good program and if you schedule yourself to do a race, it keeps you motivated. Running frees me - I do short runs but am determined to complete a half next year.
Hi ladies! I'm an August tummy tucker and 6 weeks PO today. Ready to "clean up" my lady parts :) My question is this: Have any of you shaved over or waxed over your incision line? My hairline is higher than before and the hair goes right up to the incision line. I'm scared!
The first time I shaved close to the incision, I was very slow and careful about it. I think that as long as there isn't any scabbing where you are shaving/waxing, you should be good to go!
Hey Ann29, funny you should ask about this, cause I just did my first wax a couple of days ago. I have been shaving probably since week 3, but yeah, there's only so much a razor can do. I am at 3 mo tomorrow. I've been going to the same person for years, and she knew all about my surgery, so I was quite comfortable asking her to modify my recent wax to areas that might not be so sensitive (well, sensitive from surgery, anyway:). I did want her to take some off right under my incision line, so I just pressed down tightly on my scar to make the skin tight and it didn't hurt at any more than normal. I also haven't had any issues since, so I think it is alright to do it. At 6 weeks, I may have made different decisions, though. I would check with your PS or ask for waxing that doesn't come too close to your incision line. I agree with GirlBoyGirl - if your not scabbing over anymore, I think it would be fine. Good luck.
Thanks ladies!
Not a lot of feeling for me either (4 c-sections then the TT). But it that is not a big deal. I would be bummed if I lost feeling in other areas (wink wink) but my stomach and hips? Not so much. The flat is so worth it to me. Just my .02
So just a word to the wise (and a d'oh moment)
Hmm - cut myself off. Anyway, my word to the wise is, don't go bowling! I didn't even think of that, but last night I chaperoned a youth event to the bowling alley. Bad move - heavy weight out at the end of your arm, and lots of twisting. Today I can feel where it tugged at the quilting stitches. No fun. Be careful out there, ladies!
Sometimes when I'm having a rough day with my swelling it's a really big relief to see that everyone is still on the same struggle or has been there. It's great to see all of the words of encouragement and read the stories of you ladies going through the same thing. When it feels like nobody understands I can always count on this forum!
i agree! hope today is better for you :)
Got the ok to go ahead with full core work again.... Naturally, I try. No can do! Sore (expected this) but man. Planks not bad, but can barely sit up from a lying position so why did I actually think I could do a real sit-up?! :) When were you ladies able to actually do this?? I'm 13 weeks wednesday
Try again tomorrow! The first time I tried around 13 weeks almost impossible. The next day much easier... But still hard. I'll be 4 months in less than a week and my abs stay sore. I'm working out a lot so that's probably why. I do just a little everyday. I started with like half of a sit up. Start in the upright position and go back as far as you can stand to the back up...don't start laying down that is too much for us after the muscle repair.
I went to a group workout last Wed. I'm just now getting over the soreness from the very modified crunches I did. Haha! I'm 13 weeks. I don't think I'll be trying it again any time soon.
Haha. Thanks ladies! Texasgirl - I will totally try that!! You ladies swell a ton still also??
I still swell quite a bit...but it's not painful. Baby steps, take the above workouts one day at a time! I go to a weight lifting class, and lifting uses your abs. So, by the time we get to abs I'm hurting. Today I did leg lifts and a few light crunches. I do what I can. The instructor knows about my surgery. The only time I didn't tell an instructor, we were in the middle of class and she said if anyone quits abs we do another set! I was like OMG!!! I had to quit... She looked at me, luckily I was close enough I told her I just had surgery! Afterwards I explained!
Ab not above...
Same issue with core workouts... he cleared me for them but they're very difficult!
i would have spoken up too! haha. not painful today, but couldn't physically do much yesterday so will try again today... not sure if i blocked it out, but i remember it being so much easier to resume this after the c-sections :)
Sit ups were difficult for me so I had my daughter help me - this week I was able to do sit ups unassisted! However, my tummy still hurts but not as much.