Post to Forum

June 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Comments (4,445)

Sort by

Ok ladies, I am 4 months post. Just did a half marathon, felt great and had a PR. For anyone struggling, 2 months ago I never thought this day would come...
Congratulations!! I'm 4 months PO and signed up for a 1/2 in a few weeks. Minimal swelling anymore.
Wow! Amazing! I tried jogging, but it was still REALLY uncomfortable. So far, I'm sticking to PT, squats, lunges, and arm weights. I'm still swelly too. I can't wear my pre-surgery pants yet.
I'm up to 5 miles and a pretty good pace. I should sign up for another half just to push myself. I am signed up for the reverse sprint triathlon I compete in every year. It's in February and I hope I can PR. It'll be my third year.
I'm amazed as looking back through here, I realized I didn't actually start actually running until week 11 samazed how far I was able to come in about 5-6weeks. You ladies can too!!! Best of luck :)
Any ladies still use shape wear daily??? I find if I don't then I bloat/swell up top especially if eat anything (even a small healthy snack). Frustrating as I hoped to my have to have shape wear all the time to not be self conscious all the time... My PS says I'm doing fine and some people need this for up to a year, but seeing if anyone else is in this situation too :). I don't see PS again for 6 mo!
*sorry for typo... should have said hopes to not have to use shape wear *
I use it everyday. I take it off at night. I find if I don't wear it during the day that I swell more common it also helps maintain my results. I have maintained the shape that my PS gave me and I believe it is because of the shape wear.I use Leonisa and love it.
I use Leonisa also. LOVE THEM!!!!
Ok, makes me feel better - thanks! I am 4 months post
I always wear it when exercising and about 50% during the day. I found some tight boy shorts that I'm loving right now. Just the right amount of support!
Yes. I am 4 mos PO and still having to wear shape wear most of the time. Every time I try to go without it I end up being quite swollen in the upper region above my belly button. My doctor says this is normal..but it can be very discouraging on some days.
Mimi - that is exactly me too, sort of glad knowing it's "normal" although yes, very discouraging at times!
Has anyone here done physical therapy? I just started last week. I was a surfer before the surgery and want to get back into condition safely without tearing anything. (I had ventral hernia with mesh insertion.) Curious to know if anyone else is doing PT and how it's going.
Hello ladies, just wanted to check in to say that I've survived my first workout and lived through the next day to write about it. My plan was just to go to Curves, which went just fine. However, since my 9 year old didn't apply herself while running the mile at school, I made her do it again............with me. Sadly enough, my 6 year old out paced us all, but I lived to tell about it :)
LIKE!
I haven't done yet. IS it really helpful or not?
For those of you who had a mastoplexy.........I'm just wondering about your satisfaction and recovery. I'm thinking about it. I can still pass the pencil test, so I am not in horrible shape. Just thinking that since the "kitchen" is doing so well, maybe its time to update the "dining room," if you know what I mean.......,,,,,I would love to hear your comments about that!!
Hey ladies! I posted on my review last week that I went for my check up with my ps, and we both have areas that we don't love on my stomach. He said that when I go back in January, we can talk about a revision. So, my question is, have any of you talked about a revision with your ps? Do you feel like you need/could use one?
Yes, GirlBoyGirl, I have had a conversation with my ps about a small area on my left side where not enough skin was taken off. He wants me to wait until 9 months post-op to see if it will resolve itself, but I really think I'll need the revision. He said it's a fairly simple revision, however.
Not sure about a total revision, but I have an area above my belly button that isn't right. I sticks out more than the rest. I don't know yet if its something that could just be fixed with Lipo, or if the MR came undone there. So, although i have pointed it out via email, we wont really discuss it until my 6 month mark. Let us know what you decide! Your results are great so far. I can understand wanting the scar lower...just it just depends on how badly you want it :)
I think how badly I want it depends on how much it's going to cost! I could see myself getting some more lipo on my hips, though. Although, I didn't notice it much until the doctor pointed it out, so maybe I can let it go. I talked to hubby about it, and he also thinks that for the price we paid, I should be happy with what was done. But, he also thinks that price will play a role in what I get done.
Yeah, that definetly makes sense. I have heard of people that have had revisions that only had to pay the anethesiologist fee. Even though that can still be alot, but less than a grand, that would be reasonable to me....
Cause your hubby probably looks like Fabio, right:) they all think they do!! If you are happy, he should be happy. Lucky woman, sounds like he is:)
Yes, I think I need some additional work, but I am not going there. Don't want anymore recovery time.