Post to Forum

June 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 9 months ago

Comments (3,852)

Sort by

Hi Ladies, I'm new to this forum and so glad to have found it! I had my full tt with mr/lipo of flanks on June 30th. I'm 4 weeks post op and have been reading all of you ladies' comments on here on the swelling. Are you all also referring to the swelling in the hips and upper thighs, in addition to the tummy? My swelling is so bad on hips and thighs that I cannot wear anything but stretchy pants at moment because everything gets stuck at my upper thighs…is anyone else experiencing this?
I wish my thighs were swollen! Then they'd match my swollen gut :-P I've seen a lot of thigh swelling on these threads though. Mine is all belly though. Frustrating!!
Okay ladies most ladies have a line down their belly, after surgery most of you do. I do not have this line at all. At first I thought it was ab definition but some of the ladies with it have more fat in the mid section. I was just wondering if this was something the dr did or if when swelling goes down I will have it because I am super swollen. Hope I don't offend anyone I'm just really curious
I don't have that line and I started off heavier. Is that bad?
No. I don't get what the line is from lol. Some super skinny ppl have it and some avg ppl have it and some bigger ppl have it. I was just wondering why I dont.
I have it, and I don't know what it is except for definition, maybe? I looked at my before pics, and you can tell in my side pictures that I did have the line before, too. It may also be your body type.
It's strange. I seen that every woman who went out of state seems to have a line too no matter their size. I'm going to ask my dr lol
Please let us know what he says :)
I was thinking the same thing! I have it. I am thin & I have abs, but some of the bigger girls have it too! I had it pre-op though, but not this defined. I was wondering if there might be some internal sutures or something ?
Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who is wondering about it
Ha! So I just went to sit down and out of habit grabbed for my belly roll to adjust it! Hurt myself a little cause its not there anymore ;) Anyone else still adjusting to their changed bodies?
Yes, me too. As swollen as I get in the evening, I think my waist band is going to be tight and it never is...I just feel so swollen inside my tummy. It's weird.
I am 8 weeks tomorrow and still wear my cg during the day. The last few days, I have had crazy contractions. Feel like I am in early labor. Lol. Anyone else having this muscle tightening?
I get those feeling in the middle of the night and my hand gets numb too. I hope this is normal.
Hope so
Yes, I still get contractions! Also get muscle aches at the top of my abs and I'm 8 wks this Thursday.
Ugh.
When are you girls allowed to wear nothing, haha, as in no binder/CG/spanx? I'm 6 weeks tomorrow & I've been in a binder up until now. I'm allowed to stop wearing it as of tomorrow, but as far as I know that's it! I've bought some supportive spanx/shapewear, because I don't know how I'll go without anything yet.
Mine said at 6 weeks (Wednesday!) to go to spanx type garments, until I see her again at the 3 month mark. Also said will probably need it with exercise up to 6 months post for the most comfort and less swelling, although some people use it for increased activity up to a year as swelling can still fluctuate for this long! Hope that helps a little :)
I was told no binder at night at 6 weeks. But to still wear it during the day. Then at 8 weeks to take short daily breaks from binder but I can wear "Spanx" in its place. At 10 weeks I can go to Spanx only during the day. I am still wearing a Light compression cami at night as I just felt too weird without anything. I'm almost 8 weeks. I am just willing to go with what makes me feel comfy at the moment. I waited a longtime for this surgery!!!
Mine had me in a binder for one week, then said spanx type garment for three more weeks. So since four weeks its been my call, I wear the cg sometimes still at 7 weeks.
CG tight for 8 weeks. Basically 24 hours a day. After that wear it for exercise and to sleep.
I stopped sleeping with my binder on at 2 weeks, but after 6 weeks I'm out of it completely, except for exercise, etc
I was told at 3 weeks post-op I could stop wearing it but if I wanted to wear it when I was swelling I could to help with that. So I wear it at night... I'm almost 8 weeks post-op and I feel like I still need it at night...
I was in a binder for 3 wks and then I no longer had to wear it. It was weird the first two days with out it but I'm loving life without it now