June 2014 explanters please check in here!

• 4 months ago

Are you getting your implants removed in June? If so, please tell us a little about yourself, why you want your implants removed, and let's support each other throughout this journey!

Comments (63)

Sort by

I am 4 wks post op and ready to go back to work. I see my dr. this morning and will ask him to release me. I am having zero pain now. I sleep on my stomach, I exercise and I love it. We went to the lake out on our boat and I had a wonderful time. I wore my 2 piece and felt amazing. I could not be happier. I am finally wearing regular bra's and they give me the look I am happy with. So far I am a 38 B... I say a smaller B then before but a B never the less. With my implants I was a very large 38DD. Happy to be back to myself after 9 yrs of implant issues. I highly recommend explantation when we find ourselves unhappy with the implants we have.
I'm thinking of getting implants but after reading a lot of explant comments I'm having 2nd thoughts. Are there any runners that couldn't return to running after implants?
I just had mine removed, I cannot wait to start exercising without them. They were a pain to run, do yoga, clean the house, basically anything that involved the arms. I was feeling so much fatigue with them that has gone away now. I hope you will reconsider, get fat transfers before you get implants.
Thanks for the response Boobectomy. I'm getting headaches going back and forth I would hate to make this decision and to stop doing simple things in life or things I love especially running. I can't deal with pain. I really want them my doctor says the fat transfer wont look the same and I don't have enough fat on my body to use. I'm a lil disappointed maybe it wasn't meant to be. :(
I got mine at the end of my running life (20 years). I was already older..but if I was in my prime I would not or make sure they are small. I have a degree in Dance and have always done high impact. HOWEVER, the last 2 years as they got heavier I felt they were preventing me from moving my upper body and rib cage as good as I knew I still could. They can be heavy. Go small.
Hi, I went for a pre-op apt yesterday. I was not keen on mastopexy cause I scar very badly with keloids. I have 375cc implants for 11 years now and I was a 34d before I got them. There is no problem with them, they are just big measuring a 34ff in cup size. I would love to just have them explanted but the surgeon yesterday said somethings that has left me not knowing what to do. I have another pre-op apt in 2 weeks and I have to decide by then. I was hoping for some advice? The surgeon said I definitely would need a mastopexy cause my breasts after the large implant was removed would be deflated but then he said I am not happy to give you a mastopexy cause you scar so badly and he told me about the risks involved also with mastopexy. One minute I was willing to submit and have a mastopexy cause he said I would be deflated and then he told me he didn't want to do that because of the scars. I have to know what it is I want for the next visit...can anyone help me decide?
Hmmm, well Megs5s how would you feel if your breasts looked how they did preimplant at 34d size you were? Seems like most girls are able to return pretty close to how they looked preimplant, myself included except a little dent that I'm hoping fills yet (only been a week). So what is the reason the surgeon thinks you definitely need mastopexty? Seems to me if a lift wasn't recommended when you got the implants you probably didn't have that bad of drooping. I'm saying that because seems to me the girls who were recommended implants instead of lifts for sagging really didn't have that bad of sagging, that was the case for me. At the time I felt they were aweful, but really they never were that bad, they were not perky and still are not perky, I was a 34B preimplant and went up to a 34DD with implant which I had for 9 years and my breasts returned I believe pretty close to how they were preimplant in just a matter of days. My ps saw me 3 days later and was surprised he said he expected them to have much more sagging &.hes very experienced with implants and has done some but not many removals and with all his years of experience this was his thought so that tells me that ps don't know for sure how you will look after. I also read in several places and my surgeon agreed that if I were to get a lift its better to first do a removal, heal from that and than do a lift a year out. After removal you can always go back and get a mastopexy but once you have mastopexy one and if you have keloids scars its just a done deal, also another risk is loss of sensation in nipple and breast. Maybe you will love your breasts removal and healing I think its worth giving that a try first.
Thankyou for your reply. I have been steadily heading in my thoughts towards removal only. I have seen so many encouraging before and after photo's of implant removal that I feel confident enough to give my body time to see how I will feel/look. Your reply has also helped me since you had your implants for 9 years. I did not need a lift before the implants, I was perky and was fooled into thinking that bigger was better. Now I have 11 years of gravity with heavy 375cc implants, 2 pregnancies since implants and gone up 4 bra sizes. They look fine, very full but big. The surgeon is saying that once my big implants come out, there will be no fullness and I will look deflated. This was extremely discouraging to me, I am 46 years old but I pictured 80 year old boobs. I think your advice is very good to wait and allow my body time to adjust before making the decision of mastopexy. Did your breasts drop lower with implants in than they were originally due to increasing 3 cup sizes?
Can you tell me what size the implants you had were?
On day 1 post op pict I took (sorry I haven't got brave to post yet) my breast & nipple dropped lower, but by 1 week photo the bottom of breast tear dropped out & filled and nipples perked back up so my nipple to fold pre removal to post removal is now the same. They look like smaller version of what I had with implants but less circular full and more tear drop shaped which I'm liking actually better. Another positive change with removal is no more veins! My breasts w implants were very veiny, I suppose because things were stretched to way beyond what naturally I was meant to be but with removal I see no visible veins. The biggest impact to my breasts was not my implants but nursing my children (which I did Preimplant and what motivated me to get implants) my breasts were 34b perky and firm before nursing and after they lost both, but implants didn't get me that youthful perk and firmness I desired, and losing that is just something I have come to terms with is gone but for a good cause , but I think the change in the way my breasts felt after nursing was due to changes inside with tissues from producing milk more than the size increase.
I'm sorry I never knew what the size of my implants, but gosh I think they would have to be all of 375 cc as I had such a big change in size
Thankyou so much for your support. I would love it if you would follow me on my journey and I hope that once I have experienced explant, I can support you too! I have been told I will be having the operation this month (July), I don't yet know the date...I am getting it done through NHS. I would guess you most likely did have the same implant size as me as our size in bra increase was very similar. I hope that my outcome is as good as yours sounds. I hope your natural breasts keep on improving and you see new changes every week.
Don't let the surgeon discourage you. One step at a time. I had 420-425 cc for 12 years and they became so heavy and made me look matronly. Trust in Nature that they will fluff back (I am less than a week post-op) and there is always the future of a lift or something if you are really not happy down the road. So many women on this site say that they do fluff back. Patience I guess. The freedom you will feel from ridding yourself is the first step. Good luck.
Hiya Megs, I had 350 under the muscle, I was a 36AA before and breastfed one baby while having implants. I had them for 8 years, and was a 36c/d, I had them removed on the 17th. I am now a 36 AA again. They look pretty much like they did before I had them implanted, my daughter only fed on one side, so that poor little boobie is a bit saggier than the other one, but they look better and better every day. Your body is amazing! I also had a doc tell me I would NEED a lift, he also told me I wouldn't like how I looked without. I don't like people telling me how I feel, so I found a different doc. My current doc says your body will naturally readjust in 6 months, you just have to encourage it to do what you want it to (so if you don't want the boobs to sag then wrap them against your chest and show them what to do).
Our bodies are amazing! I am so pleased you have returned to what you were previously, I have been so encouraged by the posts made that all appear to be in the positive. I could not breast feed my 2 little ones with implants in, for some reason they would not attached but I pumped and did a lot of it for approx. 3 months each. I am having sharp pains every day now for at least the last week, it began in one boob and now the other. They hurt to be pressed against. How long should you wrap them for to get the best reaction? Did you have to go through any emotional/confidence changes? How did you feel straight after the operation?
Thankyou for your reply. Was your implants silicone? Were they under or over the muscle? How do you feel you look now? What size were you with implants in and what size were you before? I am sorry for so many questions I just want to try to get a pre view of what it may be like for me. I am looking forward very much to getting them out, I know I should never have messed about with the body I was given.
Today I got my operation date, 22nd July. I was told I need to be sure of what I want cause I can only do explant or explant and mastopexy together as it is on NHS. I would not have the money to do mastopexy later. I have been told that I will be empty and deflated and will not be happy with the way I look. I wish I knew for sure what to do, I have seen so many good photos of explant only but I am also aware that everyone is different, ages, skin elasticity, breast feeding, under/over the muscle, saline and silicone??
I did have confidence changes for the better. I think I had more self esteem issues with them than without.
I am one day post op and so happy to have my natural self back again! I had them for 12 years and although no major problems...they were bigger than I wanted from the beginning. I was a youthful 52 then and turning 65now. The last few years they were so heavy and I have shrunk in height. I had a slight case of tubal breast but did not get a lift back then which might have helped. I was never unhappy being small. It was only after menopause that I go really small. I am grateful for this site that gave the courage to just do it! Thrilled to be myself again!
Congrats and welcome back to natural..
Thank you..same wishes for you.
I am 3 days post op. So glad to be rid of those things! I wish I could have seen this site 5 years ago! Mine is the similar stories here. Just wanted a lift but was talked in to implants too. My breasts look good except lots of bruising near the incision. I feel so happy and free! My only problem is trying to find a sports bra that doesn't rub real bad and cause rash. My boobs itch more than hurt!
Congrats... I have gotten all my sports bras from Target and they seem to fit pretty good. I did read somewhere you can use panty liners inside the sports bra to help with rubbing and causing irritation. Just a thought. Did you have an explant & lift this time or just the explant? Happy Healing... welcome back to the itty club.
I am so happy to be hearing the same thing over and over: "So happy they are gone!" It makes me so excited for mine...on July 2! Little apprehensive about what they will look like afterwards, but hey...I will be having a lift and that should help....plus I am over the hurting back and wardrobe issues!
I did not get a lift, however the surgeon pulled the skin a little tighter underneath to get me better nipple placement. They look great even though the nurse told me 3 times that I wasn't going to like the way I look without a lift! For reference I am 5'3" and 125lbs. I will send pics when I figure out how to. I am probably a 34B-C right now. Thanks for all the support. I wanted to do this since the first year I had them in. It's been 5 years. I'm 39.