June 2013 Breast Reductions Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Comments (1,216)

Sort by

Post breast surgery update: *4 months & 9 days after surgery* 11/06/2013 I did my bandage/dressing change. This is my first night out of the ace bandages in a month, free of multiple layers of gauze, tape & medicated patches/dressings. I am now only using a thin layer of Xeroform, a small piece of a single layer of gauze over it, a thin strip of tape along each side, & FINALLY I am able to wear a bra. I am beginning to feel like a person & not a failed medical experiment. I feel a bit free!!! **I am sad to report that due to the infection and complications in my left breast & all I went through, my left breast is smaller, & shaped differently than my right breast. There is disfigurement/deformation in the nipple & area around the nipple. I do not know to what extent the breast itself will show, for the bottom wound (now much smaller in size) is still not fully healed or closed.** This is quite noticeable to me as I look at my reflection in the mirror & the way my shirt fits. I am my own worse critic. **The positive: I survived this. I lived through it & I earned the right to wear my scars proudly, for when I think of all I went through, and I almost failed, I can proudly say I SURVIVED & I did NOT let it kill me!!!** {{Feeling like a VALKYRIE}}
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service. We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
LOVE MY NEW BOOBS!!!!! I made the best decision of my life doing this!! Should have done it sooner!!! Going on 3 months of heal time! I had the greatest healing. No problems AT ALL. I think my doctor is AMAZING!!! Plus, he's HOT! :) Anyway, hope everyone else who got theirs done in June is doing well!! XOXO
Hey ladies, I hope you're all doing FANTASTIC! I just heard about something and thought this community might be able to help. There is a non-profit organization that collects gently used bras for newly freed females, kidnapped & forced into the sex trade, to start up their new sales business. Donated bras provide their first round of inventory. See this link for more info: freethegirls.org I know I have a bunch of bras post-surgery that no longer fit me, figured you might too! :)
Hey lady, How are you? June seems so far away when we were helping each other with the healing process.Thanks or this information, I was wondering what to do with all those bra's.
Hey Ladies! I need to clear out my old bras too! I am so happy with my results!!
Ok, so 4 weeks til my op! Excited but also quite scared. Does anyone have any tips for me - taking stuff in, wearing particular things afterwards - I have been told to buy a couple of crop tops to wear - any recommendations? I've been told the stitches are dissolvable which is great - I assume I will have to go back to the hospital once for a check-up and then have been told I can go to my GP surgery thereafter - how often will I need to go? What do they do, change the dressings I guess?
Lottied1607-You sound like me before my surgery. Not really informed, very brief info. Make sure you have someone to help you when you come home the first 24- 48 hrs. , prob. will not be getting around to good. Couldn't lift my arms to wash my own hair the first few times. Constipation after surgery is common. Have lots of bottled water. Easy meals. High protein diet and lots, lots of water. gauze bandages , pillows to put around you to sleep comfortably the first wk. or so. Sports bras, button or zip closure tops, etc. It depends on how well you heal as to how many times you see your PS. I am almost 8 wks. PO and have been back to have stitches out and about 3x to just check on my progress. No charge though considered as surgery follow up. Hope this helps.
Lottied1607- Please explore this site more. It helps so...much. No need to be scared, just informed. How old are you?
So I tried Scarguard silicone sheets since I like the Scarguard gel but it wasn't long lasting enough. I noticed a HUGE difference in just 1 week from the gel so I'm hoping for results from the sheets! But I noticed that they're mildly...itchy? :'S Is that a bad sign? I don't think I'm allergic or anything...I tend to have sensitive skin, though. Has anyone else had mild itchiness from silicone sheeting?
I have used the silicone sheets for nearly a month. I would wear them except when taking a shower. I would rotate two sets to do this. I'd take one off and clean and rinse them and put another one on after my shower. They really helped to flatten and soften my scares. They also faded them in some places. My PS recommended that I use Dermatix Ultra gel instead so if at day 3 of using this gel. I have wondered if I could use both at the same time though.
I'm worried that my right nipple has little to no sensation. I'm 7 weeks post-op. Anyone else have this problem? Is there hope of it returning in the next 4-8 weeks? My left has full sensation. My right seems to still be healing slowly and has some weird stitches coming through the aureola as I posted earlier... just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if you're worried like me!
My right has no feeling and my left is super sensitive
Yes same here. Right nipple isis healing fine. My left side is not doing anything at all. I to hope it will heal and come back. I dont see the PS for another 90week days.
90 days
I think the spitting stitches is a good sign. Your body is doing what it's supposed to do. You are healing from a wound. Clean with hydrogen peroxide and leave it alone or cover with 3m micropore tape. Don't worry. You have come so far!
I have sensation in one and not the other. Yesterday I told the surgeon what and he said he didn't believe me. Excuse me? Then he asked if I would feel it if he stuck a needle through it. Good Lord! Then he kind of laughed. Uhhh... Creepy plastic surgeon humor?? Then he actually made a comment about my tummy....I said something about how I needed to lose a few pounds and he said something about how he noticed my tummy. He is good at what he does but next appt I'm going to try not to talk too him much! Ick!
Thanks H2D, I hope you're right! I'm seeing my PS in less than a week anyway, so I'll just ask then, but for now I'm trying not to worry about it. :) One of the smaller holes where I guess the stitch came through in my aureola seems healed. I guess my right breast is just slower to heal all around and I suppose that's normal... we all heal at different rates. I'll see if I can get that tape you mentioned soon. So far I've just been putting scar gel on it.
LOL... yet not-LOL. That's pretty creepy. 8'I It sucks when a PS has a weird bent. I've noticed many PS's I've been to for consults have been a bit strange. I think it's just their thing? Don't worry about your weight, you just had surgery, focus on getting better first! :) I kind of have some sensation in the right one now, actually, but not as much as the left. Seems I made some progress in the last few days. I'm assuming when my right breast heals to where my left is I'll get most sensation back and I'm sure you'll be ok too.
That's kinda like what I have been dealing with, but in the past 4-5 days I've noticed some sensation coming back into my right... I think it's just gonna take time. I have to learn patience.
That's a long wait, I'm sorry. Can you go back sooner? I don't know what your situation is but if you're worried just try to go sooner. I don't think what we're dealing with is uncommon though!
Hi Ladies! I hope everyone is healing well and finding comfort in their new bodies. I just posted an update with photo. Tomorrow I should get the rest of the tape removed. I am not so worried about scars for some reason. I am just so happy they are smaller!
Ahhhhh, relief. Don't you look great!!!
Hi Summer- I can t seem to find your photos or others. Where would they appear?
Look at my profile and click on my review.