Post to Forum

July and August 2013 Mommy Makeover ladies check in here

• 11 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself, why you want this done, and what your hopes and dreams are for after recovery and let's support each other through this journey!

Comments (300)

Sort by

Check in time! For those of you with reviews, please go post a (Real)Selfie of how you look TODAY. Real time. Looking forward to seeing them all.
Any one having a free moment - check out my profile- before and after photos- I feel like my lower body looks smaller than my stomach area- hoping this is because my PS has me wearing my compression garment on my legs ONLY until i have my first post-op appointment Tuesday -so my upper body is swelling out of control right now! I also think my hip bones are very defined in general if you take a look at my before photos also- Any thoughts by experienced Mommy Makeover goers would be much appreciated!! Happy Healing!
Right now it looks like swelling! If you look at my 15 day photo I had so much puffiness on my hips from lipo!! Calmed down now but we shall see in 4 months! Also you still have tape on so could just be dog ears that they can fix in office.
How much pain is too much? I was not expecting this much pain 5 weeks post op!!! My pain gets up to a 8! It's a stabbing, burning pain usually in one area of my abdomen! I'm really at my limit, Motrin doesn't cover it and I don't want to ask for more pain medicine! Is this normal for an ext. TT.
It's your cut nerves regenerating. It's normal, but uncomfortable. Even Percocet usually doesn't alleviate nerve pain all that well. Some people end up asking for Neurontin or something similar....
Thanks for the info!
I am 7 weeks post and still have some swelling in my pubic area from tummy tuck, is this normal or will I need lipo???
I made it !!! Didn't do to bad. Was scared as hell but it all went so smoothly & quickly. Heading home now feeling pretty good boobs are the worst right now lots of pressure.
Congrats, welcome to the flat side!
Thanks the boobs have been my worst part still but I can't complain to much cause even with the swelling I can tell the results will be worth it.
Good luck to everyone and happy healing! I updated my review - I'm a July TT and BL. Still no regrets!!
This Thursday is my turn. I am working on making sure everything is ready at home. I'm pretty sure I have everything I'll need for the 1st week but hoping the ladies that have gone before me can tell me what were their must-haves.
Lip balm, face spray for feeling fresh. Panty liners if you're compression garment goes between your legs too. Deodorant. Wishing you all the best.
Toilet seat riser, foot wedge, 2 cold gel packs, extra binder for in the shower, Metamucil and stool softener. Memory pillow to sit on, recliner, and a heating pad. I wouldn't say these are all a must have but made recovery so much easier.
I did panty liners on my sides where it was tight also.
Thanks. Hope your feeling better today. I have heard that recovery can be quite the rollercoaster ride.
Thanks. I hadn't thought of cold gel packs. I'm glad to hear that the supplements have been helping. I ordered the same thing but I was told not to take them pre op so I will start post op hopefully they still work just as good.
Def a toilet riser seat and a chair for in the shower. I used both for a good 3 weeks. Lots of pillows. Good luck - you'll do great!!
Definitely agree with this post!! These items have been very very helpful! I was also lucky enough to borrow a walker from a family member for the first few days :-)

A walker sounds fabulous!

Sassydrmom, why a toilet riser seat? Hard to get from standing to sitting on toilet? And vice versa?
Fed up....2 weeks 2days post op. stop crying about every thing around day 10. Some days I find I am really short of breath. Sleeping a bit better but just feel so low and gloomy. Tummy so tight and boobs almost 3 weeks post op but so numb and look so stuck onto my body. Another 4 weeks in my pressure garment and feeling crap seems like forever. My scar is so long and not very low down. Still feel astranged from my body. Finding it so hard to be positive.
Don't worry it gets better by week four you start to feel normal again. I'm 5 weeks today and my scar is starting to fade and it will only get better. Hang in there.
I totally agree with you. I'm almost to week 4 and tt has been feeling pretty good. I can use a little muscle without pain and sneezing, coughing and laughing doesnt cause tears anymore! Tummy is still numb, but I rub lightly all day just to get used to it I guess in my own head. The tightness has faded a lot this last week. Dontbworry, you'll get there!
Thank you so much! Going to have stitches out from round tummy button today. Will be the last bit of intervention...I hope.