Post to Forum

July 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 11 months ago

Comments (1,882)

Sort by

I still sleep in the recliner it hurts to sleep in my bed. I feel very tight when I wake up too. But it is just under my ribs not my back.
What all did you have done? I have been sleeping in my bed since wk2 with extra pillows , usually one under my back to wedge me up a bit and one under my knees so i am not completely flat which helps me going to sleep since I am swollen in the evenings. I don't have any real pain but if I wake up laying a bit on my sides where the drains were it is a little sore. I am still in a compression garment 24/7 but went from the one put on in the surgery to Spanx which is a lot more comfortable...maybe you should try something like that to help with swelling and discomfort???
I had a tt and a thigh lift. My tt went vertical and horizontal. The past 2 nights I have slept in bed I just feel very tight in the morning. I have to massage my stomach before I can get out of bed. I went to the Dr yesterday said I no longer needed to wear my compression garment. Took some fluids out with a needle. Said swelling should go down.
Senderle what does it feel like when you had fluid?? I'm so swollen in lower belly think it may be fluid?
It was just puffy he seemed to think my compression was making it worse. I am not sure it was or not
So sorry to hear that Senderle. Was it a hard puffyness or soft puffyness? I worry so much about getting fluid.
I know it takes 6 months for swelling to subside but it's frustrating that complications can still take place. I still have that swelling at night even still in the morning. Everything I wear leaves indents on my stomach. Muscles still very sure when I'm Coughing from a cold
How far out are you big decision?
Soft!
So I saw my nurse yesterday for my 5 wk visit....she is amazing. She thinks I am looking great. The redness to the left side seems to be a few stitches not dissolving so she dug two out and one had come out the night before. She told me to keep doing the SSD cream to that side and it was ok to use paper tape on it if I want. The right side looks good but the scar is kind of think in one area so I am supposed to start massaging it as much as I can every day, I also got the clear to try lymphatic massage after 6 wks, start exercising slowly building up (no core work yet), and the green light for sex...whoo hoo. Yesterday was my first day without the foam in just a cg but she told me I could switch to just spanx if I want so I am hoping to go shopping tomorrow! I am counting down to a cruise in just over a month so I REALLY want to smooth up a bit before then!!! Any tips that are working for you guys?
Saw my PS Tuesday and he agreed my scar was very asymmetrical and will fix it in 6-9 months if I want. He said the hospital wouldn't charge me as he takes responsibility. Pleased with that but dreading another surgery. On the other hand thinking to have TT revised if I a manage to lose more weight. Anyone else considering revisions at 7 weeks post?
Hey Everyone... I'm 7 weeks out today and still have (what I hope is ) swelling. I feel larger than before even though I'm probably not. Anyone else feeling like they are still swollen and puffy below the belly button? My scar feels thick too. I can't tell if my big feeling is swelling or the new me?? I still get aches and pains from now and then as well. I still can't wear clothing firmly over my tummy.. feels too uncomfortable. I try to wear mostly loose skirts.
I'm 6 weeks out and trying to wean from the binder. I wear breast high Spanx but still feel puffy. :(
I weaned out all binders and spanx at 5 weeks. I feel like this is as good as it gets because I can feel my stomach muscles when I push in. Hmmmm not sure what's going in but I'm almost eating worse now because I don't see things getting better and I'm frustrated. Hope it gets better for both of us!!
My ps told me I have to wear my spanx and binder for eight weeks. Tomorrow I will be 6 weeks. Interesting how each ps does things so different.
I see my PS tomorrow for my 6 week check. I want the go ahead to exercise. I put the binder on after work today. I'm not in pain but just miserably bloated and uncomfortable. :(
I am 5 weeks out and feel the same way. I can't sleep in my bed yet. I started walking for exercise but by the end of the day I am beat. I swell above my incision I hope that goes away. I go back Monday to the Dr. He wants me to massage my scars but it hurts
My ps told me no exercise until 8 weeks that included walking. I am only putting silicon lotion on my scars, no massaging. Why would you need to massage them? I am also very tired at the end of the day.
Massaging helps keep the scar tissue flat instead lumping up.
Interesting!! I was told 4-6 weeks out of all binders. A friend of mine had consistent bloating for a full 6 months. My PS thought I had hardly any swelling. I hope he is sooo wrong. Swelling is big time over my scar and below bb. Hard to do much exercise outside of walking!
That's I feel everyday after work as well!! Hope it's still internal healing!!
I can't massage my scars either. Not sure how much pressure but it doesn't feel good. I do feel toughness like scar tissue though. Hope it settles down
Yes, it seems every PS is different. Mine told me to wear my compression garment for as long as it makes me comfortable.
My ps has me putting SSD cream which is usually used for burns on the incision because one side looked irritated along the incision 3 weeks ago. No mention of massaging. I go back tomorrow but honestly it is still just as irritated just on the left side & oozes at times...Anybody else having a little blood or oozing after 4 weeks? It just spots a little on the gauze, I hear a lot of people using paper tape to smooth out the incision but I wasn't told to do any of that. It seems like a big difference between one dr and the other which makes it really hard to know what to do.
Sorry you're uncomfortable coffee :( my belly swells quite a bit & my activity level isn't even that high yet. Going to try my spanx today scared on how to get them over my incision tho :/