Post to Forum

July 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 9 months ago

Comments (1,249)

Sort by

Had my tummy tuck two days ago and today I showered and my belly button is sooo ugly!!! I'm really hoping it's just from all of the swelling...fingers crossed! :/ aside from that huge bummer the recovery has way easier than I anticipated. Worst part is having to have someone take care of my kids 24-7 and my 1 year old is not happy about it she's crying waay more than normal. It's torture
I got clearence today for Zumba low impact, 4 weeks post op. Whoo hooo! I hope I can do it. I'm so bored so I can't wait to try :)
Mine told me 6 weeks.
Mine told me 6 weeks initially as well but yesterday I was given the go ahead to start cardio at 4 weeks. I think they want to reassess progress and not cause undue worry by saying 4 then increasing to 6.
Had my tummy tuck at 10 am yesterday. I've been stalking this site for awhile and feel like now that it's over I need support and a place to ask questions to putt mind at ease about what's normal and what's not. You all seem amazing and I'm so glad I found this place!
We are here! Welcome to the flat side!!!! First 48 hours are the hardest! You can do it!
Thank you! It's little things like that I need to hear. I was worried it would get worse before getting better. It's comforting knowing each day each hour I get through means one step closer to feeling better!
It really does. Just when you think you can't take it anymore it gets better.... I promise! For me I divided the pain stages into days. 1-3 wanted to die, unbearable 3-6 I'm may live thru this 6-9 I'm def gonna live through this 9+ totally bearable and each day gets easier :) Make sure u eat even if not hungry, that was my biggest mistake.
I agree the first is the hardest after that is a lot easier. Day by day gets better.
I agree jlynn so important to eat so you can heal and have energy! I made the mistake of not the first week and things were bad.
I did good prepping easy healthy snacks like hummus baby carrots hard boiled eggs etc. so I've been forcing myself to eat even if it's something small. It's so great knowing I'm not alone, thanks ladies !
Don't forget your bowels! Add cherries and pear juice to your daily intake and take stool softener as long as you're taking pain meds. That way you won't suffer through having to bear down with movements. First three says for me Sucked, then it got much better :) congrats!
Great dream last night about fitting into much smaller clothes! How many dress sizes did people drop? I leave hospital today. Only managed a couple of sneaky peeks when having my binder changed, so not sure on my results yet.
Hi J3n, well I think we are all up in clothing sizes right now. My personally from a size 8 to a 12 on week 3, 22 days, due to swelling! It takes a few months for the swelling to go down but we should all be in skinny clothes by the holiday season! ;). Congrats on breaking out of the hospital today. Welcome to the FS.
Yea I'm barely in my pre op clothes 4 weeks later. Even though all My measurements are down 2 inches. My weight is down 7lbs. It would probably be even less if I didn't have a few binges LOL. How is everyone else doing with weight?
I'm 5 lbs under pre surgery, think I got to at least pre surgery by second week. They inly took 1 lb from me and everyone is different there. Im in my pre surgery clothes but they fit Much better! You'll get there..... it's a marathon not a sprint!
Is it me or does anyone else feel like after a really great day with little swelling it all of a sudden is swell hell for the next couple of days? This morning I looked almost flat now I'm almost in pain and feel like I am three months pregnant in less than 24 hrs.? That's not even funny :( it's such a tease to think wow, I'm getting better everyday day and then all of a sudden it's like week 2 all over again. This recovery is such a long recovery. ...ugh
I know.... That's what I was saying yesterday!!!! At least with a c section was you progress you progress .... With this TT it's all over the place! 2 steps forward , 4 steps back! Soooo annoying and frustrating!
Hi! Had my TT/BL on 7/10. So far everything has been great, but am a bit swollen (took my dtr/friend to Six Flags on Monday - I think the extra activity caused some swelling). Hoping it goes down soon, and wishing everyone well with their recoveries! :^)
I'm with youCA Dreamer. My brother in law sent me his 3 kids to add to my 4, so I took 7 kids for a week everywhere 2.5 weeks post op and paid for it big time w swelling. We did adventure Island, Busch Gardens and the beach. I just slept 18 hours straight and told my husband to take charge today! It's impossible to slow down when you have kids.... In my opinion!
Omg jlynn32, seven kids you are a daredevil! I hope you start feeling better soon ......and would you like me to slap your brother in law?
Lol Lisa! Actually the older ones where a huge help with my 11 mth old so no need to beat him up..... Yet! Haha
Omg Goldy! You said it! I begged my husband last night for sex and he looked at me like I had 10 heads and said, " you cried this afternoon for an hour bc u were in pain and now you want sex?.... Ummmm NO!" Haha
Ok that was a response to a specific comment on a thread.... Lol... No clue why it posted here! Please forgive me girls! Haha
No problem. Lol so how long after do we have to wait to have sex?