Post to Forum

July 2013 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Here is a little information to get you started on your journey.

Tummy Tuck Survival: A Real Life Guide

Month-by-Month Diary Post Tummy Tuck

Comments (7,729)

Sort by

Has anyone been a moron like me and 48 hours later weighed yourself? I did and I'm 2 pounds up, but I'm pretty sure it's all fluid accumulation. When did everyone start feeling like themselves again? I'm improving and spacing the painkillers more 48 hours later, but so anxious for just Normalcy.
My surgery was July 1st - I feel a lot better but I don't think I'll feel like myself until these drains are removed. I weighed myself also and I was heavier. Fortunately it has been dropping. I stopped taking painkillers at 4 days post op and switched to Extra strength Tylenol. This allowed me to finally have a BM. I'm still walking hunched -It does get better each day
WAIT BE PATIENT... It has been one year for me 7-23-2013. NOTHING feels normal... It is all different - best advise is DO NOT GAIN WEIGHT, get off pain killers. Or the constipation is horrible. DO NOT eat gassy foods - my stomach swells to a huge melon very painful. Wear your corset all the time and longer than they say. I fell at month 4 - and ripped all Internet stitches ... Be good, listen to doctor, ask questions, My tummy tuck has been something I wish I hadn't done. Because of my weight gain which was a undiagnosed thyroid issue. I have constant shortness of breathe and can not excerise because capacity in my torso changed so much. Feeling sad and frustrated...
Oh, honey. Don't weight yourself! lol. You are terribly swollen right now. Just concentrate on recovering. Hugs!
I don't weight myself!!! Yes , I am swollen and it is horribly uncomfortable. I look like I am 6 months pregnant.
I agree with the others; stay off the scale. The weight will just reflect fluid, and it will be disappointing/disturbing. Just enjoy the rest, and eat healthily. I felt more human around 2 weeks, but I was pretty bent over for closer to 3 weeks or so. I had a TT/MR a year ago, and while the healing seems to take forever, it does eventually happen. It's like that parenting saying: the days are long, but the years are short. :)
I have a question for you ladies in regards to swellin. I am 4 weeks post op and am wondering.... Is it better to keep the CG on all the time to keep the swelling to a minimum? However when I do remove the CG I feel like I swell up within the hour. Or is it better to 'train' your body to get used to it being without the CG for most part of the day, so that it's not such a shock to all of a sudden swell? What do you think??? Have some of you done that and at what point (go cold turkey and just ditch the CG)?? How long did it take to kinda 'settle' and not be such a drastic swell. I have a wedding reception to attend in 2 weeks and am worried that when I take the CG off I will swell up by the time I get there. TIA!!
Congrats Trish on your TT. I wore my CG for Months day & night :( my PS told me longer I wore it, better off I would be. Each PS has their own logics. It got to the point I didn't like the security without it & felt good to keep it on. When I did start to wen off it, I would only wear it to bed. Not the most attractive but I didn't care it was all about me.. lol
I also wore mine well into 3/4 months..I also took plenty of tumeric and really swelling was never an issue for me..we all heal differently listen to your body..
I didn't wear mine full time that long.....maybe 6 weeks. But I did wear it after that whenever I felt like I needed it. I still wear it religiously every time I work out and for an hour or so after. Also on the days pre period......when swelling kicks back in again, I wear it here and there. I am 8 1/2 months. Each ps is different so listen to yours, but listen to your body too.
Wear it ALL THE TIME!!
I wore mine all the time, right up until about 3 months. I saw it as protecting my investment of the TT, and I really wanted to avoid seroma and swelling (as much as I could at least). I would keep wearing the CG. I'm not sure bodies can be trained to not swell without it; I think the swelling's a physiological response to the disruption of the lymph nodes during the surgery, so things just have to heal (rather than be trained). That's my understanding at least. Four weeks is a great place to be--you can, I hope, see the potential results of the surgery, and hopefully, you're feeling much better than you were. :) Happy healing.
My July family!! 1 year post op is upon us, how is everyone ? Do you love your results ?? Hate them? Is anyone even gonna see this post? Lol maybe I'll stalk each kf your reviews to say hello :)
Yahoo officially 1 Year today :) celebration tonight!! Just posted pics but tells me after looking at the 8th months pics.. It's diet time haha. Hope all is doing well :) hugs!!
Love my results! My tummy is tight and great, and I feel wonderful. I still get swelling, particularly after big workouts, and my lower tummy is still numb, but overall, I'm really happy with the results. How do you like your's? Hope you're happy with them! I'll post pics on my review later today. Happy one year anniversary!
You ladies look amazing!!! Wednesday is my 1 year anniversary and thankful to have made it this far!! Coming off of Coumadin this week for the PE I had after surgery! Thankful and blessed :)
Posted photos 11 months about
You look perfect!!! I'm shopping around for a revision. Not impressed with my TT. You turned out great I'm happy for you!
Sorry to hear you are not happy Cathy :(
Hi ladies, just want to check in and see how everyone is doing? Are you still swelling or has it disappeared now? Are you still numb?
2 weeks ago I swelled out of no where was so weird..other than that I Havnt had any issues what so ever..how's your healing?
My healing is pretty good. I am still numb right under my bell button. I am getting my dog ears fixed next week FINALLY! Lipo to one side; skin extraction on the other side. I am nervous about the procedure a little bit but at the same time, I am glad to be getting it done and over with so I can move forward.
hi Vangirl: doing great here; still numb on outer thighs and the triangle on the abs, and my incision still pretty sensitive if a hem presses directly on it. Swelling below the incision still present, unfortunately. I don't know if that's going to go away. Sigh. Other than that, loving my new tummy. Good luck with the dog ear fixes. I had one fixed earlier this year--it was small, so just a local and a few stitches. I hope your procedure goes smoothly for you!
I am getting my dog ears fixed Friday. NO idea how big of a deal that is.
AJ2: Glad you are loving your new tummy. Fingers crossed the numbness and swelling go away for us both soon. Mainemom: Good luck with your procedure on Friday. Please let me know how it went for you. I am going in next week.