Post to Forum

July 2013 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Here is a little information to get you started on your journey.

Tummy Tuck Survival: A Real Life Guide

Month-by-Month Diary Post Tummy Tuck

Comments (7,700)

Sort by

Hi ladies, just want to check in and see how everyone is doing? Are you still swelling or has it disappeared now? Are you still numb?
Hello ladies -- I am wondering if any of you would be able to answer my question. I'm at 8 weeks and I'd like the perspective of those of you who are far ahead of me. At what point were your results essentially final, as far as your measurements? When were you able to purchase new clothing with reasonable assurance that your size was stable? How many sizes did you go down, and do you think that was all from the TT, or did you lose additional weight afterward that helped your results? Thanks in advance. I'm really, really hoping I will drop one more jeans size. I'm 5' 8" and weighed a bit more than 200 at surgery, now a bit less than 190 eight weeks later. The 14s I wore before still fit, though a pair of 12s that were way too tight now fit well also. I am 48, had big babies (and used to weight 250) and had quite the little flap of loose skin. I am happy that is gone and am happy to have gone from XL to L tops. I still have a bigger upper abdomen, and I'm thinking that is not going to change at this point, even tho doctor said it would flatten. (See my profile pic from 6.5 weeks).
Ugh!! My TT , LIPO and breast reduction was in July 2013. I have gained weight, been really depressed and have not been back to see Doctor. I am thrilled with everything but I hate the bloating, constipation and numbness. When I saw Doctor at 3months he seemed upset I was still in pain and had gained weight. I do need to have dog earrs repaired and have one breast that has a funny shape... Help! Need encouragement and thoughts :)
I am not sure if my results are final and I am in my eighth month. I am super flat in the morning and by the end of the day I am swollen. Not a lot but the swelling is still there. I have not bought any jeans or pants because of the swelling. Before surgery I weighed 159 and took a medium in yoga pants. PS took off 4 pounds of skin and fat. Since then, I have lost a lot more weight and now weigh 141 and take a small in my yoga pants. I think I might even have to go down a xsmall. Be patient and with time and as the swelling goes down, I am sure you will go down in size also. It is a long journey...
Not sure I'm much help, but I haven't bought any new jeans or pants. My jeans fit without the muffin top. I've always bounced from 3's to 5's but everyone thinks I've lost tons of weight but it was all skirting. I'm 81/2 months out & noticing Much definition beginning at 7 months to now & hope more to come. Hang in their our bodies takes time to heal:)
I am 4 months...I am down a size in jeans. Went from a 12 to a 10. Though some days I still have swelling and need to go back to the 12's. I had 7 lbs of skin and fat taken off and lost an additional 7 after that. I haven't lost any more but I have noticed changes and re-draping. I have a nice hourglass when looking front on but still have some curving out from the side. I am not sure that is going to go away and I will have to deal with it. All in all it is 95% better so I just focus on that. I am actively trying to lose more weight. At 5'2" I am 150 and would LOVE to be back to 145.
The re-draping could be swelling, I remember I didn't swell much in the beginning but more around 4-5 month stage:( everyone heals different but I would address your concerns with your PS & get his opinion:) your doing awesome & will have a terrific body!!
You had more swelling at the 4-5 month mark? Sigh...... it seems like things have really just stopped progressing. Swelling is ever constant....some days worse than others. And in the last few weeks, I think I've had MORE worse swelling days than I did last month. I thought things were supposed to be getting better--not staying the same or getting worse, swelling wise. My ps just keeps telling me to be patient. I want to smack him sometimes. lol.
lol well smacking him might help the tension some!! They say we swell more as our activity level goes up. It honestly gets better day by day. I too wondered if it there was a end in sight! sometimes I was Dang my belly is going to stretch back out......
Yep, every day! If I eat bad or exercise its worse. I must be a slow healer? I ha a friend who said her swelling went away in her 7th month, so I was prepared. Still glad I did it though!
How is everyone??
All good over here, no complaints how are you peaches? How are the babies?
Awesome here!! How are u doing?
Babies are all doing good!
Great Miner swelling at night. But lovin it
Babies are great ;) I'm doin good too!
Wonderful!
Yea glad all is great! the months keep flying by:)
7 months my July friends! I hope all is well with all of you, I miss our chats!! My tummy is doing great, made it through the holiday and feeling great..xoxo
Yes Happy 7 Months!! You look terrific & great to hear your enjoying the results :)
hi Finest! Glad all is going well with you and that you're enjoying your new TT. Flat side life rocks!
Hi AJ2, did you get your dog ear fixed? How did it go?
hi V angirl: I did get it fixed; it was an easy fix--a numbing shot and a couple of stitches. It took about 15 mins, and I'm really happy with the results. I think dog ear sizes can vary, and mine, fortunately, was pretty small, which means a quick snip, cut, stitch, luckily for me. No shower that day, no pain meds (not even tylenol), and normal life from there on. I can barely see the scar now, three weeks later or so, and I'm happy that that little piece has been fixed. Hope you're doing ok too. How's life on the flatside for you?
Hi AJ2, life is really good on the flat side. I still swell and it is driving me nuts! Do you still swell? I am numb just under my belly button and down to the incision. I didn't have muscle repair done and I am just amazed at how good I look first thing in the morning. I just wish it would stay like that all day! I still have to get my dog ears fixed. My PS's availability is next to nil when it comes to doing touch ups. Not impressed at all. Thanks for letting me know how your procedure went.
Vangirl, I did have MR, (pretty major MR) and I still swell like crazy. I am behind you.....only 4 1/2 months. Really not happy to hear you are still dealing with it at 6 months. : (