January and February 2013 Mommy Makeover ladies check in here!

• 1 year ago

If you'll be having a mommy makeover (tummy tuck + breast work) in January or February of 2013, please check in here and let's offer each other information and support!

Comments (794)

Sort by

Hey Ladies I had a tummy tuck in February 2013 and I still have swlling in my legs from time to time. Do anyone know of any tricks to relieve the swelling? Please help me!!1 Everything else is small but my thighs since having surgery.
3 month update just done... seems like our board has disappeared, but wanted to let you know if you're still interested. XO to all.
You look great!
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is enjoying getting back to normality! God knows I am. Well I am 10 weeks PO and I feel great. Still swell a touch after a hard work out but that's about it. No binder no spanx. It's awesome. But because of lack of exercise and a crazy appetite after the surgery I gained about 5 pounds I'm now working hard to get back off. I will be posting updated pics so look for them. !
Glad you're doing great! I am swelling a lot lately and it's annoying. I feel like I paid thousands of dollars and still have a pouch tummy esp late in the day. Grr! The hardest part I think is trying to be patient. First we have to be patient waiting to have surgery. Then we have to be patient waiting for our final results. Blah!
I am going to call my surgeon's office today. I am sick of the Spanx. It is so freaking hot outside and I'm sweating like a pig even when I'm indoors probably because of the humidity (I live in south FL). I can see wearing it while I'm working out for the support, but beyond that it's ridiculous. I took it off all day yesterday and felt fine. I didn't exercise and I didn't lift anything heavy either. I was swollen at the end of the day, but I'd be swollen regardless. Anyone else ready to ditch the Spanx yet? I'm 8 1/2 weeks post-op.
* Update * I just called and NO MORE SPANX unless I'm working out. Yes! Freedom. Hope you're all doing well.
My ps told me at my 4 week post op that I didn't need to wear my binder anymore. When I went to my 8 week appt, he acted like I was crazy for still wearing it and switching it up with spanx. He told me again that I could stop wearing them. Then when he left, the nurse told me again. Obviously they have never had a TT and haven't experienced swell hell.
Yea!! It's great to know you can go without it, but always have the option to wear it if you want.
I am thrilled and I won't be wearing it at all unless I feel the need. How are you doing "Imasweetie10"? I miss chit-chatting with all the ladies on here. It's so crazy how we're all up in each other's lives for a few weeks and then gone. Ha ha!
I couldn't be better. How have you been? I know. Seems I'm slowly decreasing my time on here too. So many things going in. Baseball and work are pretty much controlling me right now.
I just wanted to report that I think my breasts are ahhh-mazing! :D They look so good. I can't wait to post my 2 month report on the 22nd and update pics. They have dropped more and I love them and they are getting jiggly and soft now too. I have no trouble sleeping and my range of motion is back 100% now. I have been exercising and even though I'm taking it easy for me, my workouts are probably harder than some folks who never had surgery. I do have one small complaint -- I'm a weight lifter (powerlifting, weightlifting, and kettlebell training) and when I work chest I hate how it feels. It does not hurt, but it's annoying to feel my muscles contract like that over the implant. Grrr! I hope that feeling goes away or I get used to it really fast. I can't do pull-ups either without feeling totally annoyed. Boo Hoo!! I'll update my makeover review on Friday (the 8 week mark) and then again on the 22nd with more pics. This is totally exciting, huh? Yay us!
Wow! You are doing great. Heck. I just started walking straight at 6 1/2 weeks. Couldn't imagine lifting weights. You go girl!!
Feeling back to my old self! Posted new pics on my profile :-)
I got up this morning and had less swelling than I've had thus far since my surgery. One of my sides was almost flat. I've been worried about it even though the dr assured me it was swelling and that it would eventually flatten out. I'm excited to get a glimpse if what my tummy will look like without the swelling and hardness above my incision.
I'm free, free, free at last! No more binder! No more restrictions! Oh. My. Goodness. Now! What to do? Ha! Baseball games this morning the going to hit the gym this afternoon. Hope I'm strong enough to open the door. Just kidding. Loving life on the flat side. Ready to get back into shape and firm up all the other jiggly parts. It's amazing how soft your body becomes with rest.
Yea! It feels good. I don't have to wear mine, but choose to when I leave the house because I swell so easily. Have fun with your workout. Just be careful!!
Yay! Are you wearing Spanx?
I was switching between them. Then as of last Thursday decided to go without anything. Did that through Sunday and I'm so swollen its crazy. Wore my binder all day and night until I climbed in bed tonight. Ugh
Not that often. I wear my binder occasionally at night if I have along shift or seem swollen. The Spanx don't really help or prevent the swelling for me. They do provide support if my muscles feel sore. I probably wear my binder 3 nights a week. Working out has been good. I feel stronger in my core than ever did. Just getting back to normal as much as I can.
I took my Spanx off for a couple of hours today to wash them and wow I didn't like that feeling. As much as I want to be done with them I am not ready yet. Boo hoo! However, wearing a real bra instead of that support sports type bra from the PS is heaven. I have many more clothing choices now because I can keep my straps hidden finally. Yay for that!
Added update and 6 wks PO pics. Hope everyone is doing well :)
Added a couple of post work out pics.:)
You look great. Are you able to do your normal workout routine now?
No just, just cardio and legs. Hopefully I'll get the ok on Friday!