Post to Forum

January 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here....

• 6 months ago

Comments (1,373)

Sort by

How is everyone doing? It's been a little while since I've been on here. I just found out last week that my ps is retiring in June. He will not do any more surgeries after May. No one is taking over his practice and they will be closing. My next apt was to be in the beginning of July when I would be 6 months. That was when we were going to do my revisions. I now have an apt on Wednesday so my ps can get a game plan together for my revisions. He said he will probably wait until the end of May to do my revisions. I have a dog ear on my left side and I think the right side might be a dog ear also. He is also going to fix my belly button. It is still an outtie and not going in. I have been running again since February. I swell up more after I run. I've started taking Turmeric again and it has made a huge difference in my swelling. I will update again after my appointment this week. Have a great day!!!
hi funsize. how far out are you? I'm 3 months po,and have been running too,and swelling ,of course. for some reason,doing yard work really makes me swell a lot. I too have a bb issue.it's just a slit,no hole.so I'm trying to open it, not very successfully. I think it's cause I'm so dog gone tight everywhere: the muscle repair and my skin. there's no elasticity. maybe i'll try the turmeric too. how often do you take it?
I'm 3 months po also. My revisions are going to be done early since my ps is retiring. I am taking turmeric 1 pill twice a day. I take it with breakfast and at dinner. I am going to run a 5K in the beginning of May. Then I plan on training to run a 10K, a half marathon, and finally a marathon.
Wow,good for you,that's awesome! I've run two halfs,but never a whole. It's been hard getting back into running. I feel like I've lost stamina.
Hi friends I had TT 15 days ago. I have a small Rock hard lump to the right side of my belly button. When I touch it , I can feel the pain. Did anyone face this issue ? will it go by itself .. please help , bit worried.
Yup, I am almost 3 months post op, and initially had the same thing,. It went away without any problem. I believe it is from the internal sutures where the new BB was created. Don't worry!!
Has anyone attempted to do crunches ? Push-ups? any core work? I just started back on jillian michaels 90 day body revolution ... I've completed it before and I know what's to come ... HELL!! But it really works. Attempted modified oush ups and it pulls all the way down the muscle repair. I asked my surgeon today if I'm allowed to do that kind of stuff at this point and he seemed to be ok with it but at the same time says go slow at working your way back up to it . Idk the thought of doing crunches again terrifies me !
I did 4 sets of 12 on the roman chair as a test. Didn't hurt at all to do them, was tender 2 days later like I would normally be. The day after that there was no hint of any discomfort. I also did 40 min cardio and arm work out the same day.
I had my surgery Nov 14th and I am guessing she did some serious muscle repair because I can't do a crunch to save my soul. It hurts like hell!!! I can do the ab swing machine and the side crunches but the actual crunch itself hurts the top ab repair!!!
I've tried to avoid doing ab work,but it's hard to totally avoid when you are doing exercise videos. my muscle repair is still tender and sore 11 weeks out. can't wait for that to go away. and skin in general is so tight all over,but especially all along incision. I think if I did a crunch,i'd ripped it all out!
Thinking about going cold turkey and taking off this cg for good. I feel like I'm way to dependent on it. Any thoughts?
I having been wearing mine the last 2 weeks except for when I work out and I'm ready to stop doing that too but haven't been that brave lol
My cg has seen better days. I don't want to spend the money on a new one at this point. I'll see ps on fri. And am going to ask if I can throw it away now.
Let us know what he says. I don't go back to ps until April 14. Be interested in seeing what yours says. :-)
My January tt sisters. I have a Marena no suspenders hook and eye on sides, goes below knee, only wore a few times, then I got the same thing only in shorter leg. It has open crotch I'll gladly give it to who ever wants it. It is an XL, I'm 5'4 and weigh 160 it fits fine. Let me know it's a 120.00 garment.
It come right under Brest area.
I worked out without mine on today and I survived ! So just the spanx tank at work for me . But I'm planning to quit that soon too. My surgeon had told me to start weening off all that around 6 weeks. Interesting how they all have different opinions on that
I worked without mine today for the first time, and I got uncomfortable in the afternoon, I put it on when I got home, how are you doing "letsdothis"?
It's so strange not having it on! I've never been addicted to anything before! Lol! Gotta cut the cord!!
I'm doing a little better ... I definitely get uncomfortable after a couple hours at work but I think my arms distract me from my stomach lol and I definitely get tired very easily still. I'm just happy I be working out again. I'm so annoyed about my thighs. I either put weight on in those monsters or they're still swollen. I'm sure it's just extra fat! :-/ sitting In the house for 6 weeks doing nothing is bad news for a fatty! But it's ok...I'll get back on track. I'm back to working out 5 days a week before work . Already seeing some definition In my arms :)
It's quite freeing! I did put it on after work the first 2 weeks but just for a few hours . But I have to say it's been at least 5 days since I've worn that thing . And I'm in one piece :)
No more fatty for you! You look fantastic! You should be very proud of yourself, you have done so much to improve ourself!
Thanks Stevie... I just have to get back on track with my eating habits ! Geez it's SO HARD ! But there's no going back ! I refuse to let that happen
Awesome! You will be fine! How is the hairdressing going?
It's getting a little easier every week ! Arms areNt throbbing as much . The swelling in the stomach gets pretty bad after a few hours. I wonder if I'll ever make it to a girls night out ok Saturdays again after work:-/ I miss that life ! All I can manage is bed after work lol and I works every weekend. So i just have to wait for it to get better I guess . Thanks for asking:) how's things going for you??