Post to Forum

January 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here....

• 9 months ago

Comments (1,423)

Sort by

I see you ladies are talking about swelling, so my question is perfect for you. I am 4 weeks post op and am wondering.... Is it better to keep the CG on all the time to keep the swelling to a minimum? However when I do remove the CG I feel like I swell up within the hour. Or is it better to 'train' your body to get used to it being without the CG for most part of the day, so that it's not such a shock to all of a sudden swell? What do you think??? Have some of you done that and at what point (go cold turkey and just ditch the CG)?? How long did it take to kinda 'settle' and not be such a drastic swell. I have a wedding reception to attend in 2 weeks and am worried that when I take the CG off I will swell up by the time I get there. TIA!!
I personally started to ween off it by wearing a spanx when I wasn't at home ... It was very hard at first and I remember always putting my cg back on as soon as I walked in the door lol Sometimes I would wear it all day and the take off at night. I would definitely ask your surgeons advice in this because everyone is different. But just know it will take several weeks before you're feeling somewhat fictional without it. I'm at 5 months and I don't wear anything except when I work out- and sometimes just a simple sneeze will still pull. But it does get better . I promise
Thanks for the info Let'sDOthis. :)
No prob :) Hope you could read through all the typos lol
Friday I will be 5 wks post and I wear my cg all day and take it off at night when I go to shower. I have left it OFF over night 2 or 3 or 4 times during the last 2 weeks, but put it back on in the AM. I bought a Spanx body suit and then found out that the chick that makes Spanx has an EXACT line just different name at Target for 1/2 the price! I also ordered a steel boned corset that I want to try but when I ordered it, I didn't realize it was coming from China so its taking 4eva!!! #derp! But I don't feel that tightness that I did in the beginning and I'm planning to wear my cg until it gives up on me. Lol
I swell if I do a lot around the house but then take a break. I have pain like maybe 2" from the top and bottom of my scar. And my pubic area seems to swell like a grapefruitwhich I was wondering if that was normal which I think is
don't you hate spending $ unnecessarily? I wore my cg until it was literally falling apart. I buy 3 different cheap versions of spanx products,but really didn't use them much. now they are just taking space up in a drawer. I haven't used anything for quite some time now. I've heard those corsets work well.
unfortunately,it is.
you mean the 'ken doll' effect. LOL yes I think everyone has that. At least it's not as swollen now as it was at the beginning. We will need to compare notes a year from now. patience. :)
I swear it's worse when you are short: we have our rib cage,then,wham! Hips and pubis. Not much of a torso going on.
I am 6 months po today! What a great journey! I still have swelling below my belly button. My dog ears on both sides are getting smaller. My belly button revision is healing nicely. My plastic surgeon retired last month. I am going to give it a year to see what happens to my dog ears. If they are still there, I will go see a new plastic surgeon to get a revision. That is the only thing that has been upsetting to me during this whole process. I might have to pay more to get a revision. I am still running every week. I am running a 10K this weekend! I have learned to run without my binder. It's too hot to wear it. I have been trying to wean myself from my binder. It's like a security blanket! I will update my profile and add updated pictures soon. I hope everyone is doing well!
I just updated my review and added some updated photos!
5 months and I stroll swell terribly, every single day. Had a visit with my doc last week and he said some people just take longer. I am wearing binders whenever I'm home but usually am swollen soon after taking it off. All in all still very happy though!
I still swell too,plus have soreness and tenderness along incision and inside with the muscle repair. I'm so tight,sometimes it feels like I'm going to rip apart. I can live with all this,if I know it's going to recede eventually.
P.s. I had kept my binder and wore it when I did my aerobic tapes,but I threw it out today. I'm done with it.
Beachy! You're just getting rid of that binder ?! lol you really were attached to that thing huh ? ;)
Does your doctor tell you to still wear the binder ? Seems like eventually u have to go cold turkey off that thing . And the swelling will get bad at first but then it'll subside . I would think the longer you wear that thing the longer you derail the inevitable ? Lol I still swell too but nothing like I was a couple months ago. It was definitely hard weening off that binder but after a few weeks with out it it got easier . A little swelling and soreness is normal still . Some days at definitely worse than others though . Especially in this heat!
Ha! Only for doing aerobics. It was pretty stretched out!
FINALLY happy I did it! Almost 6 months! Swelling was terrible but it does get better! Vacuuming will still get me! I'm thrilled I did it! :-) hang in there girls! It gets better!
I'm almost 6 months too. I'm happy I did it too,but still have issues. I'm hoping to be 100% happy at my one year anniversary. I am happy for you!
Beachy... What issues do you still have?
I also still have tightness by my incision line and feel like I'm still a bit sore when sneezing or to much activity but overall.... Thrilled!!! I use cocoa butter 3-4 times a day on it and believe my scar has faded tremendously because of it! Should have done it years ago!!
I still wear my binder a lot. I feel better with it on.
Just that overall feeling of being too tight,tender and sore. Also,my bob being a coin slot. I know that can be addressed at a later date,but I'm getting impatient with the muscle repair discomfort. It is slowly getting better,I just thought by 6 months it would be completely gone,and it doesn't look like that's going to be the case.im not complaining,trust me. I'm still glad I did this,wish I had done it sooner. I am going to give it one full year for feeling 100%.
Have a question for you Jan tt gals who do yoga.. I'm only 5 weeks po. Has anyone been able to do yoga yet? I'm just wondering at what point I can stretch & twist like that.