Post to Forum

January 2013 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here...

• 1 year ago

Ready for a new year and beautiful new body ladies!   Let's do it!   

Comments (8,917)

Sort by

ok I am crazy and I am going to sound like a JEALOUS JEALOUS person. My cousin had a full TT Monday along with a boob job. and she is FINE. no swelling. feels great can walk upright. I saw pictures she had a FULL TT. meanwhile now I look at my boobs I wish i had a lift or something and I am still not 100% healed. I think I am going to go back to my dr and ask him why I am still swilled in this one little area...maybe he can fix that I sound pathetic and jealous....i know:(
No your not Hun , I am exactly the same . I read on here everyone's happy stories n look at myself n cry cos it's not what I wanted I feel a freak. I post on here when I'm down n get nothing back so iv stopped now. I have had full tt last year and kept going to my ps team and saying something isn't right , I have a seroma , they said it will go itself in time bla bla , hey hoe it hasn't n iv just had 2 week ago a revision n he tidied my scar up and removed the " scar tissue" from seroma which was causing pain , from the lower part of my tummy as he said he couldn't do the upper part and if this didn't work there was nothing he could do!!!M iv paid all this money n went abroad as he had good reviews and now I look at myself I wish I hadn't bothered :( so your not alone Hun xxx I can't afford to go to someone else for a 2nd opionion either. Hope you get sorted xx
hi:) is anyone still here?:) I need a pep talk and you ladies are my only people that "get" this... I can't lose an ounce- my legs feel/look big and flabby I really need something to get my weight loss going... I thought I would feel amazing with a flat stomach but my legs look bigger and I feel so bad about myself. I workout 5-6 days a week please help me understand why someone would gain weight? has anyone had success losing? I had lipo on my hips but now my legs look flabbier and my waist too (muffin top ish) I know I must sound like a crazed looney just need advice- or something that has worked for you. thank you
Kim, I wish I could help you but I'm in the same boat. I'm at the gym 4-5 days a week, I've switched over to eating clean and haven't lost 1 lb. I don't even want to wear shorts anymore. I'm almost feel as bad about it all as I did before my tt. Just know you are not alone and I will be anxious to see what others have to say about how they have succeeded.
It is way harder to maintain goal weight now I think. I can starve and sweat Monday to Saturday and gain 5lbs from one bad meal on a Sunday! I have love handles I never had before what the?????
YES Cici, I now have a muffin top that I didn't have after my tt. I didn't get lipo but my belly above my scar seems to be bigger that before, which is what gives me the love handles. Granted I quit smoking in January and did gain 5ish lbs, I think the 5 lbs went straight to my upper belly. I'm wondering if menopause has something to do with it.
I'm still here too! I feel the same way. I think it is harder to loose now. I am not sure why! I just keep trying and hope it will change. I have love handles but I still love my belly! Mine was really bad before. Although I still have not posted my afters pics. Wildberry, I was wondering if it has to do with menopause too. Oh well, hopefully this will change.
thank you all...i guess we are all in the same boat:((((
A year later, I was hoping I would just have white lines as my scars, but I was so mistaken. Other than my BB scars, I'm still so happy, but darn are these scars ever going to get better???? It seems like everyone else's scars are barely noticeable?
well, mine are pretty bad. it's been 14 months for me. that being said i have not been compliant with using scar creme and tape. my doctor and dermatologist recommended different kinds of creme and i thought the scar tape was a pain. i know i need to really try to improve things, but i wish i knew for sure what to use and what to expect.
I'm really happy with the way my scars look but I did use the Mederma my PS recommended in the beginning and then switched over to Skin Medica at about 4 months. I think there is a Mederma for "old scars" - why not give it a try?
thank you pandapam. I Will. yours was just the encouragement I needed. thank you so much. : ))
I'm having a revision in 3 weeks , I still look 20 weeks pregnant after 11 months from my first tt and still swell late evening . Has anybody had this done? How long will recovery be? I'm so scared this time as I know what to expect! I pick up the phone to cancel this every other day but then try to focus on other peoples success and I actually look slightly bigger ( although no loose skin) than before tt. Hope everyone else achieves their desired look. Any advice would be great xx
Be brave! I had a revision but it was only for loose skin. Even than made me nervous. I am really impressed that you are staying on top of it and doing what you need to do. I hope you have a lot of support and help at home. That helps so much, and you deserve it. Please keep us posted. Chin up!
When you had your revision was you as sore as the first operation or was you back on your feet quicker , I'm having a revision next week , I'm proper scared I was off work 6 weeks and still wasn't really ready to return. But I am only able to have 3 weeks this time. I'm really worried :(
My revision was only for loose skin, so it wasn't major. I was awake and did it in the doctor's office with just a local. Gross. You got through it once so you know what you need. Make sure to do everything the doctor says and eat and drink right. You can do it!
How did it go? Have not heard from you!
Oh my, got so busy I didn't even post on my 1 yr anniversary. My scars are a mess, but still best thing I ever did...should have spent more time massaging these scars. So now, I'm trying to treat one year old scars. Oh brothee
Hello, just found this site! Thank god! I had my tummy tuck and lipo 4 weeks ago today. Finally I'm feeling better and able to take great care of my 4 year old. By end of day I'm exhausted! My question is this. I feel like my stomach is still bulged outward. The skin is tight however I look 5 months pregnant. I realize I'm probably still swollen but a lot of photos I have looked at here and on multiple other sites the stomachs at 4 weeks post op have been relatively flat. I do not have excessive fluid that needs to be drained. I'm just concerned that I went through all this and I'm still going to look pregnant. Any thoughts ladies?
It can be completely normal to be that swollen, you are still at the beginning of your recovery. Give yourself time. You will certainly be more swollen at the end of the night. You will flatten out. If you read back to this time last year on this thread you will see that almost all of us were freaking out. I'm over a year and still have a bit of swelling. But it will go away. Give yourself time, it will happen. Everyone is different with their healing.
Thank you Dragonfly! I guess I thought it would be totally flat from the get go. Most likely I'm just impatient. Just seems like the more weeks out, the puffier it gets. I'm an on the go type person. Don't know how to sit down so I'm sure your right. By end of day it does seem worse. What did you use on your scar for healing? Again, thank you for answering me.
Chances are it really is "swell-hell". It can last for a LONG time, and also comes and goes months down the line. You will probably look fantastic, but you have to take it easy. Congratulations!
12 weeks here and I still have a LOT of swelling issues. I have yet to be super flat even in the morning. And by the end of the day I am doubled in size. I look pregnant also. Did you have a lot of belly fat to begin with? They can't remove any of the fat that is around the organs so a lot of people still have a belly and expected to be flat....I was one of them. I will never be FLAT FLAT...but I expected to be smaller. The swelling does start to work itself out...but it seems to be it takes a lot of time for a lot of women.
You can be in swell hell for a while - heck, I still swell occasionally at the end of the day! Don't expect the swelling to be gone for at least a few more months. My PS kept me in my "garment" for months afterwards and suggested that I kept wearing it when I worked out. As much as I hated wearing the garment, I did what I was told and now over a year later, I am happy with my results. It does take a while to heal but it will be well worth it in the end. :)
Hi, I never thought about the fat below the muscles. I'm 5'9" and weighed 155 pre surgery. I'm at about 150 now. I also see it much worse at end of day and some days feel great and others have a hard time getting out of my own way. I have had gallbladder taken out and feel like this has been so much harder to get thru. I will just have to be patient! You know how it goes... We want it all and we want it now!! Lol! Thank you! :-)