Post to Forum

January 2013 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here...

• 1 year ago

Ready for a new year and beautiful new body ladies!   Let's do it!   

Comments (8,926)

Sort by

Ladies, I hope some of you still check in here occasionally. I could really use some insight from those farther along in this process than me. Just wondering if someone wouldn't mind looking at my review. I have been troubled by swelling since day one.....and it's going no where fast. Lately I'm wondering if it's gotten as good as it's going to get. I am 5 1/2 months and haven't seen any major changes in the swelling for awhile now. I don't know if I'm still swollen below my bb or if I'm just expecting too much from this tt. The swelling swings I still get and know that will improve.....but I'm talking about the everyday look I have now......doesn't seem to be changing. Maybe this is all I get?
Oh Mainemom, I understand how you feel. The worst of the swelling should be over but you absolutely can keep on swelling. I did up until 1 year. I wouldn't be concerned until you've made it through the first year. There are a few of us January tt'ers that are in our 40's that seemed to have a harder time with the swelling, it went on and on and on. I think each of us have different body types and we should not compare our results to others. I know it's hard not to do, but it can drive you crazy! One very helpful thing I did to help was to take detox baths. I think you look amazing for having 6 kids! Hang in there, it will continue to get better.
I'm in the same boat mainemom and find it so frustrating!! I actually had ONE good week where I didn't swell much but that was short lived! I have follow up appt tomorrow with Ps. Will let you know what he says. Btw.. Im a week shy of 4 months. You really do look great especially in the jeans but I totally understand where your coming from.
What's a detox bath?
I had a week like that too! Total psych out! lol. Def. let us know what your doctor says. : )
Water as hot at you can take it, 2 cups Epsom salt, 1 tbsp ginger, 1/2 cup baking soda. Soak for 20 minutes. Have a water bottle handy, you might get really thirsty. There are different recipes out there, this was the one I used though. Good luck!
Well.... Went to ps today. First I would like to say that in my next life I'm coming back as a plastic surgeon! That office is always Packed! Good for him. On another note he says it's still early on that my body is still healing inside. (Tell me about it!) he said he wants me back again in 3 months. He said at that point we would take a close look at it if it's not resolved. Soo.. I guess I'm living in swell he'll still! What fun! C'mon 6 month check up!
ok I am crazy and I am going to sound like a JEALOUS JEALOUS person. My cousin had a full TT Monday along with a boob job. and she is FINE. no swelling. feels great can walk upright. I saw pictures she had a FULL TT. meanwhile now I look at my boobs I wish i had a lift or something and I am still not 100% healed. I think I am going to go back to my dr and ask him why I am still swilled in this one little area...maybe he can fix that I sound pathetic and jealous....i know:(
No your not Hun , I am exactly the same . I read on here everyone's happy stories n look at myself n cry cos it's not what I wanted I feel a freak. I post on here when I'm down n get nothing back so iv stopped now. I have had full tt last year and kept going to my ps team and saying something isn't right , I have a seroma , they said it will go itself in time bla bla , hey hoe it hasn't n iv just had 2 week ago a revision n he tidied my scar up and removed the " scar tissue" from seroma which was causing pain , from the lower part of my tummy as he said he couldn't do the upper part and if this didn't work there was nothing he could do!!!M iv paid all this money n went abroad as he had good reviews and now I look at myself I wish I hadn't bothered :( so your not alone Hun xxx I can't afford to go to someone else for a 2nd opionion either. Hope you get sorted xx
hi:) is anyone still here?:) I need a pep talk and you ladies are my only people that "get" this... I can't lose an ounce- my legs feel/look big and flabby I really need something to get my weight loss going... I thought I would feel amazing with a flat stomach but my legs look bigger and I feel so bad about myself. I workout 5-6 days a week please help me understand why someone would gain weight? has anyone had success losing? I had lipo on my hips but now my legs look flabbier and my waist too (muffin top ish) I know I must sound like a crazed looney just need advice- or something that has worked for you. thank you
Kim, I wish I could help you but I'm in the same boat. I'm at the gym 4-5 days a week, I've switched over to eating clean and haven't lost 1 lb. I don't even want to wear shorts anymore. I'm almost feel as bad about it all as I did before my tt. Just know you are not alone and I will be anxious to see what others have to say about how they have succeeded.
It is way harder to maintain goal weight now I think. I can starve and sweat Monday to Saturday and gain 5lbs from one bad meal on a Sunday! I have love handles I never had before what the?????
YES Cici, I now have a muffin top that I didn't have after my tt. I didn't get lipo but my belly above my scar seems to be bigger that before, which is what gives me the love handles. Granted I quit smoking in January and did gain 5ish lbs, I think the 5 lbs went straight to my upper belly. I'm wondering if menopause has something to do with it.
I'm still here too! I feel the same way. I think it is harder to loose now. I am not sure why! I just keep trying and hope it will change. I have love handles but I still love my belly! Mine was really bad before. Although I still have not posted my afters pics. Wildberry, I was wondering if it has to do with menopause too. Oh well, hopefully this will change.
thank you all...i guess we are all in the same boat:((((
Even though I don't wish all the "wierdness" on others, I'm glad I'm not alone and I love that you all make me feel like I am normal! Hugs to you all!!!!
This is going to sound crazy - but do you guys switch up your workout circuit? I workout 5 or 6 days a week and I change up every other day. So far so good on my end. I have a dog ear that I haven't gotten taken care of yet - basically because I'm a chicken and I've heard that they do it in the office with a local. That's my only complaint.
A year later, I was hoping I would just have white lines as my scars, but I was so mistaken. Other than my BB scars, I'm still so happy, but darn are these scars ever going to get better???? It seems like everyone else's scars are barely noticeable?
well, mine are pretty bad. it's been 14 months for me. that being said i have not been compliant with using scar creme and tape. my doctor and dermatologist recommended different kinds of creme and i thought the scar tape was a pain. i know i need to really try to improve things, but i wish i knew for sure what to use and what to expect.
I'm really happy with the way my scars look but I did use the Mederma my PS recommended in the beginning and then switched over to Skin Medica at about 4 months. I think there is a Mederma for "old scars" - why not give it a try?
thank you pandapam. I Will. yours was just the encouragement I needed. thank you so much. : ))
I'm having a revision in 3 weeks , I still look 20 weeks pregnant after 11 months from my first tt and still swell late evening . Has anybody had this done? How long will recovery be? I'm so scared this time as I know what to expect! I pick up the phone to cancel this every other day but then try to focus on other peoples success and I actually look slightly bigger ( although no loose skin) than before tt. Hope everyone else achieves their desired look. Any advice would be great xx
Be brave! I had a revision but it was only for loose skin. Even than made me nervous. I am really impressed that you are staying on top of it and doing what you need to do. I hope you have a lot of support and help at home. That helps so much, and you deserve it. Please keep us posted. Chin up!
When you had your revision was you as sore as the first operation or was you back on your feet quicker , I'm having a revision next week , I'm proper scared I was off work 6 weeks and still wasn't really ready to return. But I am only able to have 3 weeks this time. I'm really worried :(
My revision was only for loose skin, so it wasn't major. I was awake and did it in the doctor's office with just a local. Gross. You got through it once so you know what you need. Make sure to do everything the doctor says and eat and drink right. You can do it!