Post to Forum

January 2013 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here...

• 1 year ago

Ready for a new year and beautiful new body ladies!   Let's do it!   

Comments (8,953)

Sort by

Mainemom, I think our muscles do swell after every workout. The way that muscles grow is that we make small tears in the muscle that repair themselves and get bigger and stronger. So my theory is that I was always swelling a little bit under there but couldn't see it for the fat, lol!
I agree to some extent. I know that does happen....but it would happen to all major muscles you are working....legs, arms, shoulders, etc. I didn't even start working my core until the 6 month mark, and that's what swells. I might have normal muscle swelling everywhere from what you described.....including my stomach. BUT.....it's the lower abdomen, between my belly button and my scar that swell up WAY more than anything else. It's pretty isolated.
I forget to mention. I workout as well. :-D
Hello ladies. I have also been gone awhile. I have a little swelling, itching & numbness as well. I'm also 18 months post op. I love my results. Just the swelling is getting a little tiresome.
You are still swelling? Ugh, please say it isn't so!!! What kind of swelling are you still having this far out?
Ladies, so excited this thread is still active! Been gone for quite awhile. I have been working out with a personal trainer since October and am really happy with my Core but need to get back to running/elliptical more often, I think. Who knew I would ever spend so much time weight training instead of doing cardio? Wildberry, I have noticed that my nerves are doing strange things lately-more noticeable itching and numbness. Not bothersome, just odd. also, after a crazy hard Core workout on Monday, I swear I am a little swollen! I guess it is normal for any muscles to swell as they grow, but I am weirded out by this as it bas been a long time since my abs swelled significantly! Surely it is too late to damage anything, eighteen months post op?
I have noticed that I swell a bit after a workout also but thought I was crazy so I didn't mention anything. Nothing major but still noticible (to me) I just wonder if that is the way it will always be. Glad to hear you are doing so well, keep up the great work!
No, I don't think you are crazy! I honestly thought I may have messed something up yesterday...I was just hurting so much and a bit puffy like I haven't been for ages!
It doesn't hurt when it swells, I just feel like a beached whale!
I am NOT happy to read that you guys swell after working out this far out! I am over six months and still swell when I workout and the week before my period. I keep waiting for it to end, but I have this nagging fear it won't. The annoying thing about working out swelling is that it isn't just once in awhile--it's 6 days a week. When you guys swell after a workout does it last the rest of the day or no? It seems for me the time the swelling lasts is getting a bit shorter.....but it doesn't sound like it's going away for good for a long time, if ever!
Mainemom, I was still swelling regularly like you describe at 4-5 months post op but it got better after that. Honestly, I have been doing tough workouts with this trainer for seven months now and this is the first time that I have felt really swollen and "in pain" for a long time. I wouldn't be paranoid that your current state will last forever! She is just REALLY tough on Core workouts and has no mercy. My husband doesn't even believe how tough her workouts out. I told her this morning that I was really suffering after Monday and she was like "wow what did we do different?" *shrug* And to be clear- it isn't swelling like post TT but just really puffy and sore, like the kind of swelling if you twisted your ankle or some minor injury. Does that make sense?
I agree with NewSelf, it's not at all like the post op swelling. Maybe that is my problem also...I added personal training to my routine so I am working harder. I also don't think everyone has this issue. We all respond differently and we should not compare our situation to another's. There are so many variables. It's just nice to be able to vent on here and find out I'm not the only one. Hang in there Mainemom, I promise it will get better!
Hi Ladies! Funny, we must all be on the same wave length. I am working out with a personal trainer too! She is really tough and I swell sometime but my trainer told me that each time I do a really hard workout it can do minor injury to your muscles and swelling can help heal. I am not sure how much I believe her but at least that is what she said. Every once in a while I swell up but I always did, I think it is more noticible now that I have a flat belly : - )
Yeah, thanks! I hope you are right---it seems hard to believe it will ever end!
I agree with scritty- we probably notice post workout swelling now because we are flatter and more conscious of our bellies. I notice if I go 24-48 hours without pooping that I get a noticeable rounded appearance like very early pregnancy! Lol.
Same here NewSelf, it's a small price to pay though!
Ladies!!!! I am in good company because after I work out too I STILL swell! Makes me not want to work out haha.
For the past 24 hours my numb area around my bb has been itching like crazy, very frustrating since I can't scratch it to make it feel better. Hitting it seemed to be the only thing that helped for a little while. But tonight when I hit it, it was a if someone was pinching me really hard. Almost like shock waves. Finally decided to look it up and unbeknownst to me, it can take up to 2 full years for the nerves to grow back to the best of their ability. If that's what's going on I'm glad, but I didn't expect anything like this so far post op (1.5 years)
That is good to know. I had no idea it could take that long!
Finally doesn't "itch" anymore and the good news is I have some feeling right up to my bb. It's definitely not my normal feeling, it feels very faint but I can feel it!
SAME thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago and then a few days later I had more feeling on the entire right side below my belly button. Still numb on my left…but good to know you've been experiencing the same thing. Gosh we're so far out I didn't think there would be any recovering things to discuss but I was wrong!
This surgery really does some crazy things to our bodies!
i am INSANE. I just called my p/s about this one area that bothers me. (and has) and asked for a BA consult.....
Any updates? How you are feeling about the tummy?
i could nit get an appt until 8/29...I am reading what everyone is saying I get swollen too after a crazy core workout......