January 2013 Breast Reductions Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Comments (541)

Sort by

How is everyone doing after surgery? I still love my results.
I had mine done in January and still love my results as well. I had no problems and it was very worth it!
Did you have your lipo yet? DId that do the trick? MY PS did not remove enough breast tissue either and I am highly disappointed after 6 months, Anxious to know about the lipo and if it worked for you? Did it hurt?

Hey Ladies
I have so many breast reduction ladies who have been successful in weight loss and I am asking for your help.

I would love for you to share your journey and help me build the Weight Loss Community.  Sharing your tips, tricks, pictures and everything else about your journey will be extremely helpful to others. 

I would love to see you in this new community.  Come show off your hard work and help inspire others.   And don’t forget you’re before and after pictures!

Has anyone tried the couch to 5k program? I see my PS on Thursday and I hope I can get cleared for more strenuous work and exercise. How is everyone handling returning to work and/or taking care of their families again?
It's going on 8 weeks for me so all is fine. Swelling is gone too
I did it a couple years ago. I ended up losing major weight and worked up to a half marathon the following year!!! (Even w the giant tata's)
how does it work? i mean couch to 5k
You start running or jogging really for short bursts while you are walking and eventually, I think it's by six weeks, you have worked up to the capacity to run 5k straight through. Nut shell is that when new runners start they usually do too much too soon and then quit because it sucks but with this plan you gradually build up physically to be able to maintain a jogging pace for 30+ minutes without wanting to die. If you google couch to 5k or "C25K" you will be able to get the precise day to day instructions..it really is the best thing ever. I was a smoker when I started, I still smoke occasionally but it really helped me want to stop and I can go weeks w out a cig now
How long our people waiting before exercising? My PS said I can walk whenever I want, swim after 5 weeks but have to wait 3 months before I can run. Am wondering about the stationary bike etc. Has anyone started working out?
I'm 6 weeks yesterday. My ps said I could start exercising 2 weeks ago....yoga first then running. I'm going to start running today. He said if it hurts then don't do it whatever the activity. I'm still going to wear 2 sport bras to try running today.
Thanks for that JWright it's really helpful to know. I started hiking with my dog at the weekend and will wait until the start of the following week before trying out the stationary bike at the gym. I hope your run went well and your boobs were okay!
Was totally fine....I ran with only one sport bra and I did weights too....yesterday and today....my legs are sore and I was winded since I layed around for so long....good luck you'll do fine!
I have started walking around my apartment complex, jobsites and blocks around my apartment complex. I plan to ask my PS on Thursday when I can start jogging, kick boxing and more strenuous concrete work.
Yeah I am eager to be able to start jogging. I think i might actually like it. My boobs have dropped already and have a bit of a bounce to them now.. So don't want to over bounce them too soon. Almost feel like they might drop again if I overdo it.
So this might be a bit wacky, and by wacky I mean silly, but I've been measuring my bust and underbust to try and gauge what sort of size I might be! It's fluctuating quite a bit. A week after my surgery I was 75cm/85cm, two weeks after my surgery 72cm/84cm and then this week which is three weeks after my surgery I'm back up to 75/85! I thought the swelling was going down but either it comes and goes or I've been sitting on my butt for too long and have put on weight! I have another couple of weeks before I'm allowed to do gentle exercise - aagh! Am I the only one experiencing this sort of fluctuation? In the grand scheme of things I know this is not exactly a big deal but it's bugging me!
I haven't measured, but my breasts and waist seem to change daily. I will say, he removed 2.5 lbs, I weighed 7 pound more the day after than the day of surgery. After a few day (7?), I started sweating at night, and lost 5 pounds with that and finally having a BM. But then my ribs started feeling swollen, and the dumb bra they gave me started feeling tight on my ribs for a few says. Now, at day 13, the bra feels way too big, was riding up on the ribs in back, and not supporting the boobies-they were bouncing and rubbing all day-ouch. So, yes, I definately feel like both boobs and ribs/waist are fluctuating. I started daily walks ( I'm not restricted on walking) for the last 3 day...because my lower abdomen looks fat and thin in fluctuations, and dammit I need to wear the WHOLE bikini this summer. Plus, only pajamas pants and 10yr old sweat pants fit now, and I'm ready to get out of the house. lol
I will have my surgery tomorrow so I haven't been where you are. But my PS told me that they would insert a catheter after I was sedated. She said that they use so much fluid that if they did not, your bladder would burst. That is probably why you weighed more after the surgery than before. I am not looking forward to getting on the scale after the surgery and see it go up!
Good luck tomorrow Clm123. Please come back and let us know how you are.
Thanks I will let you know
clm-definately fluid weight...and I couldn't pee right for a week! I almost straight cathed myself with a straw! lol
Cripes, it's a roller coaster ride! Everything is fluctuating, including my moods. Very grumpy round the edges at the moment. The more energy I get, the grumpier I feel! Boobs are fluctuating too, especially lefty with it's little haematoma. Grrr!
Ok so I saw my ps today. He was quite surprised by my size and said he removed tons of skin but not a ton of weight as so much sagging. He removed 500 and 470 gms, and he said he actually thought he removed too much and was going to leave me with a b cup. so we agreed I still have some swelling. I will go back in a month and address where I am then as I haven't dropped or seated. He said if still not satisfactory, then at 3 months he can do lipo in the office and hope to get them where I wanted which is a c/d. So I'm happy to know we can get there without another surgery I can't afford or time off I don't have. What's everyone's opinion? Anyone know anyone who had the same issue and had the lipo afterwards???
Great news!!!
Glad you are getting options to the issue you have . Happy continued healing !!!