February 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Comments (2,126)

Sort by

Just did a 6 month review update from my revision.
I'm 5 months 1 week PO and am still swollen. I love my new tummy but just concerned that I'm still puffy. My hubby actually asked me was I putting on the tummy weight again! I am trying to work out again but no sit-ups. So not sure if I'm working out hard enough. My weight fluctuates up to 5 lbs. so I probably need to stay off the scale.
It's frustrating, isn't it? I am exactly 5 week po today and I'm still puffy too. I am going to have some touch up lipo below the belly button in October, but I can tell I am also still swollen. Could use some words of wisdom right about now. I'm still trying to be patient.
Yikes, meant to say 5 months po, not weeks. Sorry.
Has anybody experienced itching around their scar area? I am 4 months PO now and one end of my scar is itching like crazy! I don't know what to do! Also, I have quite a lot of new stretch marks that have developed on either end of my scar :(
The itching is nerves starting to repair themselves. Sorry for the "love" marks as I call them that's a big bummer.
I thought I was going crazy! The left itches more than the right side. I also have these crazy internal itching that is driving me nuts! I am 5 months 1 week PO.
I'm 5 months weeks Po and have internal itching also. Been experiencing this for quite awhile. I just massage the area to make it stop. So sorry to hear about the new stretch marks :( My tummy had been feeling tighter to the point where I found myself hunch in a bit this week. Crazy!
I'm 5 months 2 weeks Po and have been experiencing the internal itching for awhile now. I massage the area to make it stop. So sorry to hear about your new stretch marks- that stinks. This week my tummy had been feeling so tight that I found myself hunching- crazy!!
I have had a little itching as well (at almost 6 months). I have a couple of stretch marks that became more noticeable when the swelling went down (they were always there - just plumped up). I have since had them lasered 4 times and it has helped a ton. : )
I have my 5 months 3 weeks PO visit tomorrow. I'm still really swollen. Some days worse than others. I'm definitely not back to myself. I have the strangest sensations and pulling in my tummy area. And sometimes I feel so swollen that it's u comfortable. Especially in the evening. I'm going to ask whether I have any fluid retention. I tap my stomach and it's hard and kinda jiggles a bit. I hope nothing has messed up internally. Wish me luck!
I am having the issues. I also cannot seem to get my weight gain under control, which does not help the swelling and pulling in my stomach. I have been putting off my follow up appointment due to the shame of gaining rather than losing weight. :( let me know what your doctor says! :)
Wow, not much happening on here lately. I just updated my review - 18 weeks PO today - how crazy is that!
Updated my review, 3 PO from revision.
What has everyone's experience been with crunches/planking? I am trying to ease back into them but it still doesn't feel right. I have a pulling/tugging feeling and not the typical feeling I would normally feel pre-Tummy tuck. I have my PS apt in a week but am curious if anyone is having a similar experience.
I find that after every ab work out I feel my abs starting to pull and tug like they did as I was first starting to stand up right. No pain though so I am not stressing about it. I figure my muscles are just telling me to slow down and I do
And I am 3.5 months post surgery
I felt like that until about 6 months post op. Now I seem to be back to normal. No more weird pulling. I had thought it was because I also had a small bb hernia repair, but maybe it's normal for everyone.
NO crunches! I just learned this from my doctor last week. I am able to do everything else, which I have been doing the strength training and cardio and did end up doing some ab workouts (luckily only one night of this). I had e-mailed my doctor about my stomach being so hard in the middle and still swollen, he told me that the hardness would be there for about a year, due to the inner sutures developing scar tissue and needing to soften over time. He told me the working out was great, but absolutely NO crunches, because I could pop the sutures in my upper abs. Hope that helps. BTW, I have kept with the planks and pushups with no distress.
I will be 4 months PTT this Saturday!
Yeah I feel some pulling especially on supermans, but I just work through it I'm just over 3 months.
I'm three months PO. Saw the PS today. Have been cleared to everything (cruches, pushups, etc). Scheduled my liposuction appointment today to happen on December 19. He is going to take care of the inner/outer thigh, hips and my marshmallow-looking woo-woo. Have to go back under general and it should only take an hour. I'm game. It's been a while but how are all of you that had liposuction in these areas doing? Noticeable results?
I had my appt with my PS today and he recommended lipo on my sides&upper abs. He will be doing the lipo under local which i'm quite nervous about & it may take 2 separate visits to complete. He will do it with just local for free or he'd have to put me under general but i will need to pay for the room etc. He also looked at the scarring around my belly button & recommended cutting that bit out.
is he cutting the scarring out under local as well?
I believe so, yes. I don't want to have to pay the additional $ for the anesthesia, op room etc.