Post to Forum

February 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 6 months ago

Comments (2,034)

Sort by

Finally, my doctor is still saying that my scar is high because I have a long pelvis. I really like my doctor, and I'm not mad at him, but I think this is a load of crap. I think he just messed up, it happens. I am tempted to pose this question to the experts here on RealSelf, but I don't think any good would come from it.
Never hurts to ask right?
I honestly think surgeons can guess what the outcome will look like, but until they actually perform the op, there is no way to guarantee what the outcome will be.
I really think that there wasn't as much loose skin as he thought, or he was trying to avoid making a vertical scar where my belly button had been, and he thought the scar would be low enough. It was probably a tough call that didn't turn out the way he expected. I just think the whole "you have a long pelvis" story is silly.
I got the bill for the hernia repair portion of my surgery. Get this, if they hadn't billed anything to insurance my TT would have been $1,600 more. So far, my insurance has been billed about $10,000 and my responsibility is almost $3k. There is no rational explanation for this, and I envision multiple calls to billing departments in my future.
I would ask how long the surgery would have been for the hernia, them figure out how much longer it was with the TT. That is the portion I would imagine is fair to pay.
I have too much to say today, this may take a few comments! I had my laser scar removal consultation today. It would take 6-8 treatments at $100 each. According to the Doc that is at cost. His office is an hour each way from my house and my husband has to stay home to watch the kids each time I go. So I'm not doing it. Would you? It doesn't get rid of the scar, just fades it faster than it would naturally.
Wow, he messed up and you have to pay for it? That is horrible!
You look amazing, I'd kill to look that good after surgery! I'd give the scar time to fade and see how it goes. I know mine have a habit of staying dark for longer than average, then one day I realise it has faded. Good luck with whatever you decide :)
You look amazing, I'd kill to look that good after surgery!! If it were me I'd leave it for a while, but then again my scars seem to stay dark for longer than average, then fade really well. Good luck with whatever you decide :)
Thanks. I figure it will fade in time, why spend all the time and the money to make it happen faster?
Just did a 6 week revision update with pics
That is a crazy scar! Sounds like things are going much better this time.
Hi all. I'm 11 days PO and doing incredibly well. Wound healed, minimal bruising and swelling, just that weird tight muscle feeling and just two small spots of pain that are obviously just muscular. Did anyone do the massage to soften the tissues and if so, when did you start, when you felt comfortable to do it? Does it help?
I was about a week post op when I was told to start massaging with arnica gel. I am 9 weeks post op tomorrow and my stomach feels normal again now, has for last couple of weeks actually.
Thanks Momo. I'll probably start doing it soon and see how it goes.
Hi friends I had tummy tuck on may 19th. PO 24 days . I feel so tired and feeling too sleepy in the afternoon . I feel so low in energy after noon . Does anyone have this issue ? when can I feel better like before surgery?
It's a gradual process. I think by 6 weeks I was completely back to me. My 1st surgery was in Oct.
I think I started to feel like myself at about week 5 or 6. The afternoons were the worst, but it does get better.
I was really tired by afternoon for 6 weeks. It wasn't until I hit 12 weeks that I felt I really had my stamina back. I take extra iron when I'm feeling especially tired and it helps, but be aware that you may need to add a stool softener if it causes you problems.
I just updated my review with photos. The 6 weeks of sitting on the couch has really taken its toll on me. My husband is confident that I can get back in shape in a month if I put my mind to it. So now I'm determined!
I do think your scar looks better but you will need to give it more time. You look Fab! Don't be so hard on yourself!
Thanks. I just can't see my muscles anymore!
At least you were able to see them! I've never seen mine! Working on that.
I feel the same way, i injured my left foot 8 weeks ago & the Dr said no exercise until the 2nd set of X-rays come back. I think that my upper abs are starting to pooch out a little bit now...ugh!