February 2014 Breast Reductions Check In Here

• 7 months ago

I want to hear from you ladies:)

Comments (475)

Sort by

My dr said he would laser the scars.
My left breast is also bigger and always has been. I dont care because I dont think its ugly. Its just how it is. Im so happy to have the implants out.
Still not happy with my left breast. It is big! and my right breast is smaller. I feel so cheated. I went to who I thought was a great doctor. I told him my issue and he said I have to wait a year, and then he can do some revisions. Also, very unhappy with the thick scars left. Wondering if such scars were really necessary. I see "after" pics of other women and they don't have those big scars. I want to do something. Maybe get another opinion. Or should I complain to my doctor one more time? I had the surgery Feb 14, 2014. Any opinions??
BTW, the P/S knew that the left one was bigger to begin with. I think he was supposed to take more out and forgot! I'm so mad.
You sound like you are in the exact same position as me at the moment with both size discrepancy and scars - except my breasts were the same prior to surgery. Now one is smaller and a slightly different shape. I had my surgery 10 days before yours. I am just going to wait until the year is up, then see where we go from there. I really don't want any further surgery if I can avoid it, but the scars underneath the breasts are not good, so I may be tempted - and hopefully the size difference can be addressed at the same time the scar revision is done.
I had e/o capsulectomies r/o implants breast reduction and lift 12 days ago. I feel great . My breasts look good . I went from a 36 DD to 36 C. I was wondering if it would be too much exercise to walk on the beach. And when can I drive.?
I am sure it would be fine to walk on the beach if it does not cause too much discomfort. My PS said I could drive as soon as I was no longer on pain meds.
short walks from a couple of days after surgery are beneficial, i drove at 2 weeks
good point about the pain meds, i was off them after 28hrs
thanks
I had my BR on Feb. 24th. I had a small infection along the left breast incision line which is now healing nicely. I currently have no feeling in my right nipple though. The left nipple was overly sensitive for awhile but has seemed to calm down now. The surgeon did remove a lot of aeriola but didn't remove the nipples during the surgery. Has anyone else experienced this?
this is common, maintaining full sensitivity can never be guaranteed but the feeling can come back months after the op, i have one mor sensitive than the other, it had no sensation at all but is slowly coming back, had my surgery a month before you
I have my surgery 2 weeks before you. Didn't have any infection, but have lost sensation in my right nipple as well. The left one was overly sensitive for awhile, but seems pretty normal now. PS said sensation may come back given time.
Can anyone tell me when they were clear to lift over 5 pounds? Thanks!
I don't remember the PS officially clearing me, but I would think that would depend on each person and how they are healing. I know by week 4 I would pick up my cats and I know each of them weighs at least 10 lbs! Of course, this was just for a minute or so, nothing like exercising with weights or anything like that! Now, I picked up a watermelon at Kroger yesterday, out of those cardboard bins. Lifted it into my grocery cart; then lifted it out onto the checkout area. I don't know how much it weighs but I definitely felt the strain on my boobies. I'm guessing that was maybe about 20 lbs. Probably won't do that again soon!
Thanks Tennessee Rose!
Did anyone else end up with dog ears on their sides? I'm wondering what it takes to fix them. I don't want to go under again if I can help it.
Keep seeing comments about dog ears but really do not know what that is!
Sorry, can't type on phone! What are they exactly?
bulges or flaps at the end of the incision line
I have them big time!! I complained to my P/S and he said he can do revisions a year from surgery. He can just do a local anesthia and fix them. :)
and keep massaging the bio oil into them meanwhile
Hey Ladies,

I want to hear from you with an answer to the following question...

Signs that you know it's time to get a Breast Reduction when_________________________.

Be creative, be real and share the first thought that comes to your mind.
Update: my 3 month I just had my 3-month p/o follow up (breast reduction surgery) and I told my doc I am not happy with the left breast. It is much bigger than the right one, and it is heavier and hard. Also, not happy with the big "doggie ears" on the sides below the underarms. He said that in one year after surgery he will get a better idea of how my breasts settle, and he may do some revisions. He said that since insurance paid for my surgery due to backaches, etc, that they will not pay for a revision. But the revisions, (depending upon whether or not I need to go under anesthesia), may be no more than $1,000 - which is not too bad. So it gives me some hope that he can get rid of the doggie ears, and either lypo the left boob a little under local anesthia, or have to do another small surgical revision under anesthesia. But for now I am grateful that my boobs are smaller. But after all I've gone thru I was wishing they would have been perfect and not have to endure any more procedures. Also, he said to keep massaging the hard parts, and to keep using the bio oil on the scars.
At what point did the PS say to start using the bio oil? And exactly what is it supposed to do? I had read that you can start using that later to help reduce the appearance of the scars, but I'm not really sure. I'm almost 5 wks out, but still have what looked like nipple scab areas that are getting smaller and now are mainly red. Should I wait or will the bio oil help this?