If you're getting a facelift in November or December 2013, please check in here!

• 11 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself and let's support each other through this journey...

Comments (60)

Sort by

Mini November/December reunion! Please update us on how you're doing here in the forum or on your own review with a link here to find you. I hope you're all healing beautifully!
Almost 5 months from the revision surgery only neck. The feeling is back in my jaw and and neck, and in front of my ears, but my ears are still sensitive to the cold and my ears still don't have all the sensation back. I bought some oil that I use to massage around my ears and I think that is encouraging the feelings to return. I was doing really well not even noticing tightness or any of the "new normal" feelings when I was in warmer climates but coming back to chilly weather or wearing a collar just made my neck feel like it was having a spasm! I hope everyone else is feeling great about their decision to have surgery. I doubt I will ever have anymore follow up surgery, I am still waiting to get back to old normal!
I am now four months out from a lower facelift (SMAS/mini-lift/neck lipo.) My two cents for anyone considering this is that the recovery will be much longer and different from what you think. It took just over three weeks for all my neck bruising to fully resolve, and right about that time I had some very slight wound dehiscence (seperation) below the right ear, and subsequently developed a granuloma in that area, which required excision & scar revision two weeks ago. That was a minor procedure, and went easily. I had deep sutures following it, and dermabond for surface closure ... and then developed an allergic reaction to one of those substances. I had significant ear redness, itching and swelling, and ended up on steroids, now finishing Day 3 with significant improvement. I still have intermittent facial swelling, though it is probably noticeable only by me. I definitely look better, but know I am not at my "final" result. With these mild complications I have had, I suspect this will likely be my "one and done" procedure as well.
Today is Day 7. I have very little bruising after neck lipo and mini facelift, but I am concerned because I have a great deal of swelling down the sides of my neck below the incisions. One side is more pronounced, but both sides are swollen. The swelling stops above my collar bone. I will try to post a photo soon. It is like two hard rolls down the side of my neck. Is this normal. The more pronounced side is red. I see the PS tomorrow morning. Hope it isn't something serious. Let's just say my neck looks like the neck of a body builder.
I am two weeks out and the swelling has really diminished, but my neck and jaw are tender to the touch, starting to itch a little in front of one ear, usually a sign of feeling coming back. If you get uncomfortable feelings, put that compression garment back on, I found that really helps.
LovelyLucy thanks so much. I have been wearing the garment 24/7.I will see the PS tomorrow. I would like to try lymphatic massage.
I had a mini-lift (midfacelift) and neck liposuction Dec. 12 and am just starting to feel like I am turning a corner (post op day 5) with the swelling. The one thing I am so happy I did was to order a compression face mask (brand name Marena) which I am finding so helpful at keeping the swelling down. The wrap that my PS gave me is not nearly as good. I only wish I had gotten one with more face coverage, as when I take it off (when I see my kids, who have not been told), my cheeks are chubby. Good luck to all with dates coming up!
Today is my day! I'm starving! My appointment isn't until 1pm and I'm going crazy waiting to leave... I'm going in for a deep plane facelift/necklift and chin impant. Very excited but very scared for the recovery. but going to keep a positive attitude and take care of myself! Hopefully I'll post again in a day or two and let you know how everything went. Good luck to the others that are coming up!
You will look back on this and realize what a breeze the whole thing has been. I wish you great results and a speedy recovery. I had to wait until 10:45 a.m., that was long enough, but 1 p.m. Holy Moly! I would need my java and food,
I just had a facelift and necklift on Monday of this week. I was beyond anxious about the procedure because I am a male and was concerned that the procedure would not be one that my PS had performed very often. He was good enough to put me in touch with another gentleman who had had the same procedure. He told me he was out in public at 7 days and flew to the West Coast at 10 days. My only request of my PS was that he make it "subtle". I am now at Day 4 post-op and had a picture taken today without my compression garment. I look so much better. I have my neck and jawline back. I know there is still lots of swelling, but I think I will be ready to go out in public when the suture are removed at 7 days and see my business counterparts at a month after surgery. Even if they can see I've had something done I look better, so I really don't care. I know I still have a long journey because residual swelling doesn't subside until 6 months post-op, but if I like what I see so far I know I will love the end result.
Good for you! I am 9 days post op and have hit the "what the hell did I do?" mark...lol...love it, but feel strange. Good luck to you!
Thanks, Kathy. Two hours to go!
Can anyone recommend a facial plastic surgeon on Long Island with whom they have had great results?
For a Facelift
I have a facelift & Bleph scheduled for Dec 30th! My entire life I've had no jawline and droopy eyes but could never afford to do anything about it. I am both excited and terrified!
Tehyaj, I had a deep plane facelift, necklift and laser of my face on 12/3. I was originally was scheduled for October 6th but canceled because I was so terrified. I went to a therapist and did hypnotherapy for three weeks prior to this date and I have to say everything has been a breeze. I am not pushing anything on anyone, I am just saying what worked for me. I had to do something to make myself go through with this. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy, easy recovery.
How is your healing going? Are you glad you went through with it or still having anxiety?
I am doing really well. If you would like you can go and read my progress day by day on my review. I just updated pics a couple of hours ago. I am very glad I went through with it. The bruising on my neck looks horrible but there is no pain.
Hi Cindy! Glad you are doing so well! Just went to see your pics and don't see any at all??? :-( Kathy
Really? I have uploaded a ton of pics. What the heck? If one of the community managers sees this maybe they can see what the problem is? I can click on my review and see all the pics. Hmmm?
Cindy it was MY FAULT! Sorry! Long day yesterday! Kathy
CindyLouHoo, this is actually one of the most poignant posts I've seen in this thread. Preparing oneself psychologically is just as important as the physical preparation. I had my eyes done 8 years ago and went into a deep depression because I thought the PS had changed the way I look. Even my closest friends hardly saw any difference and shortly afterward I realized I looked much better. This time around, prior to my facelift, I mentally prepared myself so I knew what to expect and how not to react.
I agree with your thoughts,dseag2. I just had a mini lift with neck lipo, and you have to prepare yourself mentally, but you also can't overthink it. I found myself doing that. I think that the isolation right now, makes me feel a little down. But I do have a list of things that I can do to keep busy.- wrapping Christmas presents, hopefully soon I will have enough energy to start my baking. This is definitely an adventure.
Day 9 - you look great - are you pleased?
Can you guys please not reply to my comment unless it's to me? I'm getting lots of email notifications that are not directed at me! Thanks :)