If you're getting a facelift in October 2013, please check in here!

• 10 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself, why you want this done, and let's support each other through this journey.

Comments (93)

Sort by

Mini October reunion! Please update us on how you're doing here in the forum or on your own review with a link here to find you. I hope you're all healing beautifully!
Just posted! :-) http://www.realself.com/review/wilmer-eye-clinic-baltimore-md-facelift-gonna
Thank you Denise for the reply
Unless I missed where did you get your surgery, who was the doctor?
I had my surgery in Boston. The doctor was Dr. Yaremchuck at the Boston Center. I am very pleased with the results. I chose him because he has extensive experience, is Chief of Cranial Facial Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital which is rated one of the best hospitals in the US, is a professor at Harvard University, has published extensively and is known to be one of the best facial plastic surgeons. I was trusting someone with my face and wanted to be sure that I was choosing the right doctor. I did choose the right doctor, he is amazing. Denise
Denise, that's great news! I have my own assortment of lumps and bumps (sort of ropey swelling from ear to ear under my jaw and chin - lovely....) Maybe such injections are in my future? I will enquire with my PS. 'So happy you are pleased with your results! 'Wonderful!! Pat
Apprehensive! Glad you checked in- sounds like your recovery is "routine"! And that is good news! Kathy
Glad to hear from you Pat. Do you have any numbness? Did you have your eyes done? I will have to figure out how to post a picture of myself since I no longer look like the bride of Frankenstein!
Hi Denise - "Do I have nay numbness?" you ask.... Whoa boy, do i ever!!!!!!!!!! My ears are "waking up," but in front of my ears, my jawline and my neck feel like they belong to someone else! I had my under eye area lasered and look like a red racoon as a result.Barely able to use enough make up to look human. With the addition of this ropoey swelling, I look a sight. I trust time will take care of this - at least I sure hope so. I am delighted things are going well for you. I would be mosst interested to see photos. If you figure out how to do so, let me know! Pat
Hi Pat, Glad to hear that you are back home and feeling good! Kathy, I hope your eyes are better. I went to the doctor yesterday and he injected steroids into my lower lid area below my eyes where I have the lumps and swelling. What a difference already! He said that the lumps will break down and it has already started to happen. My eyes also feel so much better. I am beginning to love the results. Hope everything is going well with the two of you! Denise
Denise where are your lumps and bumps? I have some along the incision line on my upper lids! They are slowly going away.....I am glad the steroids worked- amazing stuff!
The lumps are at the outside corners of my eyes and below my eyes. They seem to be diminishing somewhat which is good. How is your progress going? The only appearance issue I have are the lumps. I am happy with everything else. I know the numbness is probably going to be with me for awhile. Take Care, Denise
Have mine on the outside corners and on the incision lines on my eyelids- they seem to resolve, but still have some. Isn't the numbness weird? My head can actually itch and yet it is numb!
The numbness bothers me the most when I wash my hair. I feel a tightness around my eyes and neck too. The price we pay to look younger!! I'd do it all again because I like what I see in the mirror. I just need to be patient with the strange feelings.
It all feels weird doesn't it? But you are right, the price we pay! LOL
Kathy and Denise, Yippee - I am home! However I may look and feel, I am delighted to be in my own place. I am still bruised, numb and experiencing stinging and burning around my ears and below my jaw. How you can feel both numbness and burning seems a tad contradictory.... Oh well, this is presumably one of those "it takes time" things. I am hoping my under-jaw swelling falls into that same category. I look as though I have the mumps! I hope your eyes are healing better ladies. We will all look back on this one day and find all these trials and tribulations hard to recall.... Good luck to us all! Pat
YAY PAT!!! I am glad you are done, and I know you are too! Amazing isn't it, all that worry and WHOOSH! Worry be gone! LOL! Welcome to "the other side" and keep us posted please! And yes, good luck to us al!
Hi Pat, Sorry to hear that your recovery has been difficult but glad to hear that you are feeling better. Thanks for the support regarding my coworkers. I will do my best to ignore their comments, opinions and unsolicited advise. My face is healing but slowly. I know I need to be patient. I see the doctor this Friday and have some questions for him. I still have extensive numbness and my eyes are still swollen and have not healed completely. I am 4 weeks post-op. Hopefully my eyes are healing slowly because it is normal and not because I overdid things too soon. I hope things are going well for you and Kathy. Denise
Hey Denise! My eyes have been my nemesis too! They are finally starting to feel better, but still not right, especially when I first get up. I guess patience is our minute by minute mantra now, LOL!
Hi Kathy, did you get your uppers and lowers done? I did. The inside of my eyes near my nose is swollen. I'm not sure if that is completely normal. Do you have that issue? Thanks, Denise
I did have both done and my issue is the OUTSIDE corners! :-( BUT he did that procedure that tightens those corners so as I age I won't have droopy eyelids and I THINK that is what has caused it! We'll get there....
Let me know what the doc says when you go!
Ladies, I am at day 11 and still look battered; however, a familiar face is starting to emerge. I am still swollen, bruised and numb in spots. I am glad I have not yet returned home (I do in three days) as this would be a tough one to explain!! Sorry for not keeping in contact, but this was much more difficult than I had imagined. Alas, I caught a bout of the flu, complete with vomiting, diarrhea, headache (difficult to distinguish from the facelift headache), chills, fever..... It was a misery. (I do not recommend vomiting with fresh facelift incisions.) Thank goodness it is behind me and I feel pretty darn good now! I hope both your recoveries are going well. I really look forward to hearing of your progress. Denise, I look to you and your terrible experience with the women whom you've told about your facelift - and I am convinced I will keep my facelift as private as I am able. Shame on them. Do not feel embarrassed. It is they who should. You cannot "'unring' a bell", but going forward do not include them in your experience.To the best of your ability let any of their unsolicited comments bounce right off. They are simply jealous of your ability to choose to do something regarding your appearance. That is their problem. Focus on your positive change. Ignore them, Denise - and annoy them with your good cheer and happiness. Thinking of you both. Pat
Hi Kathy, I've given up figuring out why the women at work are so annoyed at me for doing this. I feel like a battered woman with all of the opinions on how I should be living my life. It doesn't stop at the facelift but includes my relationship with a wonderful man that I have met. My husband has been gone a year now and I am finally smiling. This man brings me so much happiness but the people I know are not comfortable with the situation. It's so easy for people to pass judgement although they have not experienced what I have. I almost feel embarrassed for going through with this facelift because of their reactions. If I had it to do over again I would not have told them. I see the doctor next Friday and I am going to ask him about my eyes. Let me know how your appointment goes with your doctor tomorrow. Denise
Denise is it at ALL possible to change jobs?  Seriously, you sure don't need this in your life!!  If that is not possible, how 'bout confronting them?  "Call the process" with a "Hey are you upset with me for some reason, all you have to say are nasty comments" or some such thing? I am SO SORRY you are going thru this! Kathy