If you're getting a facelift in March or April, 2014 please check in here!

• 6 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself and why you want a facelift and let's support each other through this journey.

Comments (43)

Sort by

Hi there!

I've started an announcement forum if you have any good news to share, whether related to your facelift or to your life overall (babies, weddings, etc.). We'd love to share in your celebrations!

http://www.realself.com/forum/facelifters-announce...

Angie
My Zen "thought-a-day" book had this thought for today: Compassion is the best healer. I must keep this thought in mind and be compassionate with my healing process...
My thought for the day is "patience is a virtue", I really must stop stressing about the swelling.
My facelift was 3/ 4/14 and I still have swelling too. I bet it's only visible to you. I keep having to tell my friends I still have swelling, because they tell me I look great. Look at your before pictures and then appreciate how much more youthful you look now!!
I love the thought-a-day idea! It sounds like that one was very appropriate to where you are now!
2 weeks today since I had the "Biltmore Lift" which is a neck and lower face lift. I've just turned 45 and after decades of yo-yo dieting, it was showing in my jowls and neck, so lift it was. I have healed well and went back to work today. I was only totally down for about 3 days before returning to a relatively active life. I LOVE my results. The entire process was well worth it and I can not recommend my Dr and the procedure more!
I had a SMAS facelift and fat transfer March 14th and am now 6 weeks post op. I'm falling a little behind what my Doctor was expecting my recover to be. I am 60 years old and basically in good health.
Hi Ladymama Why do you think you are falling behind?
I still have quite a bit of swelling in my outer cheek area. I also still have some degree of bruising mostly on one side. My Dr. expected me to be further along in my healing progress. He says everything is fine just slow going.
My bruising gone but still some swelling. And the numb spots drive me crazy. From don't hairline to the crown of my head feels dead. Also sides of my face in front of my ears. I did notice a little improvement about 2 days ago though. Sometimes I feel a little itchy but I can't feel it when I scratch.
I have numb areas too. I also got a seroma on my neck as a reaction to the drain tube. Actually both sides of my neck but the left side was very minimal. The duration of the recovery was something I wasn't anticipating. Sounds like you've had more pain then me. I was more uncomfortable.
I guess we all heal at different rates... and probably never as fast as we would like. But your picture looks lovely!
As I understand it we should be prepared for the numbness to persist quite some time, several months and even up to a year. If you get itchy feelings that is probably good, means the nerves are re-growing!! :)
Thank you. Everyone thinks I look great but they don't know how weird it feels from this side of my face. Lol. I have small lumps and my cheeks don't even feel like part of my face. I am itchy tho.
Are the lumps the internal stitches? Since my swelling has gone way down, I can feel the internal stitches in my cheeks and under my chin. I can't really see them though. I am 2 weeks post and am now getting sensation back in my cheeks. I never had any numbness in my chin.
I know your question wasn't for me but here's my 2 cents worth. I have a bump on side of my neck which I originally thought was a bug bite but it is the knot from the internal sutures. Also have two more on my head and I think a couple under chin. If I'm not mistaken, my Dr said he would take care of them. The head ones don't bother me but the neck and chin ones do. I'm six weeks out and I'm still numb for about an inch in front of my ears and the top of my head.
I imagine they could be internal stitches. They're really not a big concern. For me it's the edema or congestion in my cheek skin that I'm getting impatient with.
Laura why is the top of your head numb?
Have you tried the lymphatic massage? I'm not sure how much it is helping, but each morning and night I go through a series of these and it is supposed to help with drainage. Do a search on Youtube. I found a video where a lady goes through a series of 4 different areas to massage.
I have had one done professionally every week at the surgery center. I also did some internet research to assist myself at home with lymph drainage. Good thought though. I bruise easily and stay bruised a long time so there is probably a connection.
ok, then I am out of ideas! :)
Thanks for your input. Tomorrow I get another massage. I'll just hang in there. I really am totally pain free and after reading some of these stories I feel grateful that this is my only issue. I really have gotten great feedback from friends and family.
I had full facelift on March 17th and am now 43 days post op. I wish I had known more about the aftermath. They told me there wouldn't be much post op pain. Wrong. My ears literally felt like they had been ripped off. Very difficult to sleep. The bruising was intense and depressing. But, I LOVE the results. Currently though, I developed a sore in the temple area of my face. Something the Dr called granulation tissue. Gross! It's moist and oozing and getting larger. Was treated with silver nitrate 4 days ago but still not good. No doubt it will scar. Also have couple of bumps under skin on neck. Dr says they are from the knots in the sutures and he can fix them if they don't resolve. Just found this site and really wish I had found it a lot earlier. If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to chat with you.
And I just hit 62
Laura I just saw the question you posted about the sore near your temple and I am really glad you went back to your Dr. to have it treated. We should all remember not to be shy about taking concerns to our doctors... after all we have paid them a lot of money, and they want the results to be good too! I'm glad you are having that issue treated and are happy with your overall results!! :)