Post to Forum

If you're getting a facelift in June or July of 2013, please check in here!

• 11 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself, why you want this done, and let's support each other through this journey!

Comments (270)

Sort by

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service. We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service. We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
Okay, listen up. Remember the horribly red, swollen, and impossibly itchy ears I've been dealing with? Well, I finally broke down and called my doc and it turns out that the cartilage in my ears is infected! A nice big bottle of Cipro is waiting to be picked up as I write this, but I thought I should pass this on in case anyone suffers the same fate. I kid you not: this is some of the worst pain I've ever felt.
Westy53, that sucks ! Your poor ears, first sliced up like bread , now gigantic and infected, not fair hope the cipro works Jj
That sucks, we r with u feel good, hope u have some good pain medicine!
So glad you called your PS!! Cipro is amazing, they will feel better in 24 hours!
I hope you feel better soon!
This is a completely random comment, but I just did a bit of searching on this website and I'm now convinced that I was born in the wrong generation. After being teased my whole life about my 'big butt' I now find that people actually PAY to have one that looks like mine! Where was this trend when I was 19?
Westy53 I'll bet you didn't get too many guys complaining about the size of yr butt ;-)...
True story: I used to work for a singing telegram company and part of my job was training the new performers. My husband and I were only dating back then, but being the good sport that he is, he'd let me 'volunteer' him to be the recipient so that the person I was training could work out their routine before going out on a job. (FYI, my husband is the most easily embarrassed man on the planet, so I should have figured the relationship was serious.) One day, I was training a woman to do the French Maid routine, part of which included the suggestive lines, "Would you like an upstairs maid?" (said as she dusted her chest with a feather duster) "Or would you like a downstairs maid?" (said while 'dusting' her tush) Without a second's pause, my husband said, "I'd like a downstairs maid, please." Bingo! I knew he was the one for me. LOL
Westy53, when I looked at the calendar I could not believe how many brazillian buttlifts there were, surprised you too? Shocking, they must be really young , think Kim Kardashian made it kinda trendy, they will be sorry when they hit about 50! Jj
ROFL Westy53!  Yup , think Nicki Minaj... she also paid for that!  Weird , I think.  Kind of liking my larger than tiny butt now as well.  And just for the record...not only do the men I'm surrounded by LIKE a little more meat on their women and can't stand the emaciated look... it's healthier as we age too!  It's somewhere out there on a study! :)  So... all those of us from the Twiggy generation, take notice!
Are anybody else's ears swollen, post-op? I have always been kinda proud of my nice, flat ears and now they're red, stick way out, and the lobes are about four times their normal size. Help!
Hi westy53, oh man do my ears hurt, when ps was removing the staples I almost jumped off the table, felt like it had already grown into the back of my ear. They are swollen still, but yours will flatten out after the evil swelling dissipates .
Mine were so swollen and painful. I could hardly stand it!
If anyone here is interested in seeing just how hideous I look, feel free to check out the pix I FINALLY posted on my profile. (Warning: pregnant women and small children should not be exposed to this horror.) Love to you all!!!
Hi Westy53, I think you are being very hard on yourself...you look at the bruises, while we see the smooth skin, snd excellent bone structure. You are a beautiful woman, and soon all that color will be gone...about the crazy itchiness...could it be an allergic reaction to one of the meds...and I think I would quit that vaseline routine, it is making things way more complicated than is necessary...see Financegirl post re that topic...I've been shampooing and using the hair drier since day two...this is day 16 for me...are you taking supplements to help the healing?
The Vaseline: I was instructed to never put anything on incision lines. Washed hair ad soon as drains were out
Westy53, yes...ditto to Leval59 and JulySunshine... I was instructed to put absolutely nothing on the incisions.  Yet, at the same time,  I'm an advocate of following your PS' instructions since that's why you're paying him the big bucks.  :) 
Yep, that was my thought, too. But believe me, at my next visit, he and I are going to have a little talk.
yes, that was always my experience, you keep the stitches dry because wet encourages infection...I hope they get your pain under control STAT! cheers
I lost 10 lbs with this soft food diet etc Yay!! The skin on my inner thighs is marbled...boo..oh well, we will be back to the gym soon enough!
JS, can I call you JS? I'm right there with you i lost 7 lbs. but i think you're ahead if me funny thing is I looked up fat burning foods and muscle building foods and listed were most of the stuff that's easy for us to eat now Wild Salmon, avocado , berries, nuts chopped of course,nonfat plain yogurt flax seeds & oatmeal finally fruit smoothies made with nonfat yogurt and non flavored protein. It's pretty much the diet I've been on by force (add egg drop noodle soup and scrambled eggs.
Ha, sure, JS works....man I need to be stricter with myself and stick to the soft foods...anything that involves chewing, or smiling, or talking for that matter brings me right back to square one in the inflammation dept.... It makes it so difficult to get to sleep also.
Yeah, I'm finding that ice cream is very easy to eat, too. Dang.