If you're getting a Facelift in June 2014, check in here

• 3 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself, when your surgery is, and why, specifically, you're wanting this done. Let's connect!

Comments (74)

Sort by

Shampoo recommendations, ladies? I can't stand to use this Johnsons Baby Shampoo another day...gross. Neutrogena? Something super mild that your ps recommended to you all! thanks...itching like crazy K
Hi Kit - At this point, you should be able to use your regular shampoo since the incisions are closed now. I was using Johnsons BS until last week and got the okay to use whatever I wanted. I went back to PS this morning and was told to start using Prosil on the incisions in front of my ears and under my chin. It is silicone, and I bought it at his office, but he said I could also buy it online. He said I will like it because it is not greasy. I still have one quite red spot in the center of my neck and if it isn't better by next week, he suggested the possibility of a cortisone shot to calm it down. I am supposed to keep massaging that spot. Also, not all of the darkness on my neck is bruising - I also have broken capillaries that were caused from all the wretching and vomiting I did in the beginning when my neck was super tight. These will lighten over time as my neck relaxes a bit. He said I might want to get a photo-facial in a couple of months to help with that. Sigh! Other than that, he is very happy with the way my neck and jawline look. He thinks the change is dramatic. Yay! I can see a big difference as well. Everyday I get up and think maybe the bruising is gone, but not yet. I am getting very impatient with that. I guess this is the result of being under the knife for 6 hours. Lots of trauma!
You are getting there.
Just had Facelift surgery Last June 03, 2014 and happy with the result.
Lol I was a day ahead of you on 2 June - hope you healing well :-)
My mom is having a faceift that is sheduled for the end od this month. she is 60 years now and is very confident about the surgery and nervous at the same time. We are doing hers at the leading cosmetic surgeon at Oakland , Dr Joseph Togba. When I read the top comments in this forum , I was thinking of my mom . Yes, it is a great feeling to be connected through your PC's to a facelift buddy. Cheers to mary and linda
I'm 64 years old and will be getting a facelift, necklift, and cheeklift on Monday, June 23rd. I have very severe droopy jowls and saggy neck, and I just can't bear to look at pics of myself anymore. I have been putting this off for a while, but decided that I'm not getting any younger, and it is only getting worse. I took some selfies this morning and feel better about my decision to have the surgery.
Hi muddybuggy, I am scheduled for Monday too. Facelift, laser around upper lip, fat infections in cheeks, under eyes and mouth area and some bumps removed. I am 66. I to had been thinking about it for a long time. Best of luck to you . Hope you will post some photos. Cheers to both of us brave souls!!!!
Hi mk - so glad to have somebody else who knows exactly what I am feeling. I am just anxious to get the surgery over with. I am not afraid of the pain - just nervous about the surgery. I am very comfortable with the surgeon I have chosen - I live in the Houston area. I am not going to tell my kids about the surgery until I am well into the healing process. Until then, I won't post any pics. I did take some this morning, and they were brutal and showed me exactly why I want the surgery. My surgeon insists that his fl patients spend the night so I am relieved to have a professional staff keeping an eye on things for the first 24 hours. My surgeon said the surgery would take about 6 1/2 hours. Ugh!! I am trying to keep busy cleaning house and making a few meals to keep my mind occupied. I will get back on here as soon as I can after the surgery. I do wish you the best too, and I will definitely be thinking of you on Monday. Just think the surgery will be over with in less than 48 hours! Woo hoo!!
Hello again, I am sort of like you, excited more than nervous, but some of both. It is hard to think about much of anything else. I did tell my daughter who lives in another state, but I did not use the word, "facelift" as she was less than supportive when I told her I was seriously considering it. I basically downplayed it as much as I could like it was no big deal. No one else knows I am doing it around where I live accept my two friends that are going to help me for a couple of days, and my husband. I will be returning home the same day. I am having mine in an outpatieentd surgical facility where the doctors do most of their surgeries. Mine is supposed to take 4 - 4.5 hours. I am having twilight sleep. What anesthesia are you using?
Hello - btw, my name is Linda - our scenarios are much the same. My kids live out of state and I don't think they would be very supportive either. Just wait until they reach our age, right? I have told 4 girlfriends here - and of course, my husband. As far as the anesthesia goes, I am not exactly what kind it is. My dr. told me it would be a very low dosage general anesthesia. He said he would also be giving me local injections that I would not feel so he could use a lower dosage of the general anesthesia. I have never had problems with anesthesia so I am not too concerned there will be a problem there. My stomach churns when I think about the surgery. I just wish it was Monday afternoon!
Hi Linda, Well.... we are down to the last hours. I am ready, how about you? Ready to get on with things and get this part over with. I am just kind of hanging out and doing last minute things. I feel centered and am not nervous at the moment. I have a few xanex my doc gave me but I have not taken any yet. Made sure all the clothing I plan to wear the next several days are freshly laundered and will change my bed sheets tomorrow morning and spray everything down with disinfectant spray. I shower tonight and again tomorrow morning with antibacterial body wash. I may say something about my work done after the fact, but for now, I am keeping it quiet. I am afraid I have created some curiousity in a few friends as I announced I would not be at exercise class and they wanted to know "where I was going." I did not answer but they asked again.... I just said I had some things going on I needed to take care of. Cheers, Mary in Florida
Hi Mary - Yup, time to get the show on the road. I have made a few meals for the week and have been catching up on the laundry and house cleaning. I've got my bag packed. I have also set up "Recovery Central". Have a basket for all my meds, a paper and pen for tracking when I take my meds, magazines, pillows, and my tablet where I downloaded about 10 books. I am afraid I am going to go stir-crazy. We live on an acreage so I will be able to sit out on my patio with my coffee, computer or books and nobody will see me. I have told my family that I am taking a short, out-of-town shopping trip with girlfriends. I hate going to the surgery center with no make up on! Guess I better get used to rocking the Jackie O look with my scarf and sunglasses! My surgery center is about an hour and a half from our home and I need to be there by 6:00 am, which means we have to leave here by 4:30. I am sort of glad that the surgery is bright and early - at 7:30. When is yours?? I will be watching for you on here. Hang in there, Mary! We can do this!!
Hi Linda, Sounds like you are well prepared. I am the second surgical patient so I have to be there (only abt a 20 minute drive) at 11 a.m. and expect to be done around 5. A friend is picking me up and staying the night. I have lots of liquids and soups. I may make a veggie soup tonight. My friend is bringing some kind of mushy Italian soupy thing too. My honey left for Kansas City today and will be gone all week. He is a teacher and is at the SKILLS USA national competition with students. Hopefully, by the time he returns I will look human and no worse for the wear, as they say. Yes, we can do this! It should only be a day or two and we can touch base again. Best of luck to you. Can't wait to see our wonderful results. Cheers, Mary
Mary - I hope you are doing better than me. I am having issues with so much phlegm that I can't swallow, eat, drink or take my pain meds. I am pretty much a mess and having a full blown panic attack. I am having big regrets tonightl
muddy is a nurse with you?
Oh, my dear one. Sorry to hear that. Another 24 hours will make a world of difference for you I am sure. Just try to relax and let things pass. It will get better soon. Are you still in the overnight facility? Why not ask for something for your nerves if you feel that might help? You won't be sorry in the end, even though it is rough on you now. I am fairing pretty well. No real problems. Got my headdress off and my hair shampooed earlier today. I have so many instructions I had to write them down and practically make a spread sheet. Icing every hour still, two showers a day, two different meds in addition to my regular meds, keep the Aquafor going on the laser parts, etc...... oh, and a "chin brassaire" one hour, two times a day. It's a good thing I am here alone so I can do it without interference. Do keep me up to date. Know that what you are experiencing will soon pass. Each person is different and we just have to ride it out. My best to you dear one. Mary
Wow, Mary! I am impressed! I ended up spending the day in the emergency room today. I could not swallow! Have also had lots of vomiting from the medications. Ugh! I still have the two drainage tubes and will get them out tomorrow and my hair washed. Only some of the stitches come out tomorrow and more next week. I will also get the chin strap to wear. I am glad you are doing so well. My doctor has been a sweetheart, but this has definitely been rough. I hope it will be worth it!
No, Joanne, but my sweet hubby took me back to the hospital. I am feeling much better tonight! I don't know how I would have made it if I would have come home the first night.
Muddy, I'm so happy you're doing better today, I was really worried about you yesterday. Every day will be easier than the day before.
Hi Linda, Sounds like you have been through the ringer. So sorry to hear of all the problems. Sounds pretty scary. You seem to be on the mend now though. I am managing on my own. Just taking one day at a time. Keep us informed and keep getting better. Mary
Each day will be better and better for you. So sorry this has been such a miserable experience for you. Take care dear one. I get the stitches on my eyelids out on Friday then I go back on Monday for the remainder to be removed. Still pretty sore but nothing like what you have had to endure.
wow, they're taking the stitches out fast. How are you doing with the Aquafor.....it kept getting in my hair. Do they have you cleaning your face, removing dead skin and re-applying the aquafor 3x a day?
Hi Joanne, Well yes, basically. I am instructed to get in the shower two times daily and let the water run over my face, then pat dry and reapply and reapply the Aquafor in between. I have had to clean the sutures and staples with hydrogen peroxide and use Polysporin on them so my hair has that goop in it - no way to not get it in the hair too. I have to admit, I am happy to be alone to do all this self-care. It has certainly kept me busy between icing, and applying all the other stuff at different intervals. And, using the little chin support for an hour two times a day. So far I have slept in my recliner each night. My back is getting weary of that. Each day though is better.
Thank you, Joanne and Mary. I am so happy to have everybody's support on here. Nothing like encouragement from somebody who has walked in your moccasins. I am so anxious to go and out this head dressing off this morning, and get my hair washed. Because I had so much nausea, I have not been able to take the arnica or most of my other meds. I only took Tylenol and my antibiotic last night so that was good. I did ice last night so hopefully I can start getting after the swelling. My neck looks pretty black and blue - but at least I can swallow and am enjoying my first cup of coffee since Sunday. Have a great day, ladies. I am so very thankful to be home!