If you're getting a Facelift in July or August, 2014, check in here!

• 3 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself, why you want this done, and let's connect!

Comments (21)

Sort by

Normal to be nervous! I am also having a FL (December) and had a midface lift in 2005. I too am nervous- so that is normal. Are you going to the same doctor?
Hi there yes same doc how bout you?
No, different doctor. The only real reason for this surgery is 'the neck '. The other surgery went well.
Hi Realself family. I am scheduled for a revision facelift, neck lift, laser on upper lip and Voluma On Sept 11th. I thought the 2nd time would be easier. But I find myself as nervous as before. Maybe worse. I am still numb from my 1st facelift in April of 2013. Reason for revision is some jowling and neck bands are back. I look 75% better then b4. But just not happy :-( with the total outcome. Anyone out there had a revision under general that has any advice for me? Only 9 days ahhhh :-(
Hi, friends, last Wednesday August 13, I had a revision facelift with a breast reduction. So I have a couple of perspectives involving recovery. My first procedure was a 2011 lower facelift, including the neck. 1st doctor (we'll call her Dr. BS) was not qualified to do the surgery. Being naive about surgeries, in general, it never occurred to even consider that a doctor would state (on her website) that she could perform the face or neck lift... Even though she could not. It turned out so superficial and cost me a great deal personally/emotionally. Within 10 months one half of my neck was hanging down. My new Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, had to repair the severed Great Auricular nerve. I actually had diagnosed it myself!! The bottom half of my ear was numb. However, when I called Dr. BS's 's office, her assistant told me GAN issues were not possible. That the doctor didn't lift anything but skin!! The numbness in my ear remained until last Wednesday. So, my current (and forever) doctor repaired the nerve. He also performed a necklift (platysmaplasty) surgery, which means needing another facelift in order to balance everything out. Doctor BS also left me with a pair of pixies!! So my current doctor performed a lower facelift (rev from 2011), GAN Repair (resulting from 2011 surgery), neck lift (rev from 2011), fat transfer, pixie repair, and breast reduction. Imagingboomer, It's so important that you have someone with you! I was extremely disoriented after the general anesthesia. I was under from 8:30 am until 2:30 (or close to that). The anesthesia alone was enough for my doctor to require a nurse help me. And, the nurse's presence allowed my husband to have a regular night's sleep. You might go through the procedure effortlessly but that first night can be terribly long. My husband remained in the doctor's suite during the surgery. The nurse accompanied us home and stayed the night, bringing me back to the doctor's office the neck morning. There the drains were removed and the ear dressings changes. The staff showed my husband how to do this. We returned to my doctor's office Friday afternoon and the dressings were changed again. We will return to his office on Tuesday, so hopefully I can remove the chin strap just to get the pressure off my ears. Today, my husband and I ran an errand. It was exhausting. And this is DAY 4. I have no energy. Talk about withdrawn! I don't want to answer a bunch of questions. I just want to heal. I have had chronic pain issues in the neck and shoulders since 2010. So far, that's gone and so is the nerve pain. The mid back pain remains and is more intensive. Wishing you the best recovery! Remember, you are just as important as your cats! Brand New: You look stunning :) Also, my Dr. never made a comment one way or the other concerning Dr. B's work. Very interesting. Good Luck!!
Hi Leslie- I'm so sorry you've been through so much! I'm sending healing vibes- rest, rest, rest. I'm impressed that you were able to run an errand on day 4! I was skulking around the house but mostly bed ridden. Take very good care of yourself, eat and drink well and enough (my ps stressed the importance of protein to help heal and grow skin) Please let us know how you progress!
Thank you for the update. I hope your journey is successful and you will be smiling soon.
I have a question. Am considering facelift and neck lift - step one accomplished spoke to my PS about this. This is my question is anyone going to have a nurse at home with them? I am on my own and was told I could not be alone for 48 hours following surgery. The cost of the surgery alone is a lot (but worth it) and I just wanted to know if anyone is going to use this type of service. My PS also has special rates with local hotels for post-surgical patients anyone doing this? Thank you so much. This whole thing is so scary and so much to consider.
Hello imagingboomer, I love your name!!! Look you will need someone for the first couple of days. You will probably have some drains and so will need a some emotional support too. You will also need someone to take you too ad from the clinic. I will have my partner, but had he not been available, I would have a friend. Even if you have a nurse stay the first night, and visit the second or third day, this would probably be sufficient. Then get a friend to call in on you. I just feel that it is more about the emotional support after the first couple of days. And yes, there is SO much to think about! Scary and exciting at the same time! Best, Jewell
hi there, i'm 3 weeks out from my procedures and i DEFINITELY
recommend getting a nurse and perhaps the hotel, depending on what home is like and how supportive your family is. i stayed in the hospital the first night. it was hell, honestly. i had a private nurse and needed her. the second day was better but i still needed her. by the third day i was ok to shuffle around, but was still seriously out of it. you will need help, support and kind words. my sig other and daughter are not caretaking types, so i bit the bullet for the nurse. i had a lower facelift/ necklift, rhinoplasty and lip shortening. it was 8 hours on the table - don't underestimate the toll that takes on your body. also, EAT VERY WELL. lots of protein - your body will be working hard to heal. best of luck to you! i'm just starting to see what i believe will be great results, had to go through a period of looking pretty freaky. i was definitely blue for a few days, isolated "what the hell have i done" etc. Coming out of it all and I believe it will be worth it. Keep the faith!
Thank you
Hi Brand New, Thanks for the info, I'm now thinking using the PS's hotel recommendation for the first two nights and I'll have my cat nanny take care of my pets while someone takes care of me.
excellent! pamper yourself! i'd also look into practitioners who do lymphatic massage which you can generally begin 2 weeks or so out- another good and effective treat ( relaxing) when the isolation/ "what the hell have i done" blues. again, best of luck.
Brand New: thanks for the encouragement. I'm not scheduled but when I do it will be in the winter when it is cool and people are all hidden in the comforts of their homes. I think your attitude especially referring to "what the hell have I done" blues is spot on. This is a very scary thing to embark on and we all need to stick together with either the blues or the "aha" moments.
Hello Everyone! I'm a 56 year old scheduled for a face lift, upper blepharoplasty and rhinoplasty on December 2. This is actually my second go; previously 8 years ago, I had a mid-face lift and upper bleph, which was very successful. But the issue now is really my neck (I hate my neck is about right!). The nose thing was the surgeons suggestion (i have a bump on it) and a deviated septum as well. So in fact, I will be improving the overall effect. My eyes just need a bit of tweak. He is also doing the fat grafting as well. Soooo....it is count down! So glad I found this site! Good luck everyone! I will definitely keep posting about my 'journey' to a longer working life! : )
hi i'm a 48 year old woman who underwent a lower facelift/ necklift, rhinoplasty and lip shortening 17 days ago. it's was a challenging decision and i'm still early to see what the outcome will be, which is maddening. because of all the work, my nose is looking distorted and odd on my face. ps says that it's normal - still swollen, asian skin is thick and the cartilage is flimsy so it takes a while to see projection ( 3 mos) and the muscle tightening from face/ neck are pulling on it and flattening it as well. in addition, the lip shortening and rhino pull against each other and will take a bit more time to resolve and look " normal". he says i am right where i should be. unfortunately, the discomfort, isolation and still weird look have me a bit down. he says this is normal as well. it is getting better and at just over 2 weeks, i do look much better than i did immediately post surgery! best of luck to all of you and i'll update you re: my results!
Hello hello! I am 51 (52 in Oct.) and having my second facelift this month. I had the first one around 10 years ago with blepharoplasty. This time around I am having breast implants and a second facelift. My blepharoplasty does not need to be redone, but I am having some fat grafting done in my face (tear troughs etc.). I am very excited! My surgeon is the best! He also did a rhinoplasty on me years ago. My surgery is set for August 21st.
After my facelift surgery, my mom really happy with the result, so she also decided to had facelift surgery and it already scheduled on August 10, 2014. In the same clinic that we found on placidway medical tourism site and they are the one also who settled an appointment to the clinic.
Have a mid-face and neck lift coming up in July.
how'd it go? i had mine on july 24th