If you're getting a facelift in January or February, 2014, please check in here!

• 8 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself and why you want this done. Let's support each other through our facelift journeys!

Comments (63)

Sort by

Mini January/February reunion! Please update us on how you're doing here in the forum or on your own review with a link here to find you. I hope you're all healing beautifully!
My lower face and neck lift are scheduled for February 25 at 7:00 a.m., so this coming Tuesday. I'm babysitting my one year old grandchild until Monday afternoon and then, obviously, rising and shining early on Tuesday -- so I don't have a lot of time to worry about things -- thank goodness. I'm 52 and getting it done because I've noticed in the last two years I have developed slight jowls and my neck is getting crepey/wrinkly. Plus, my cheeks are just a tad gaunt looking. The doctor is going to use Juvederm also for the gaunt cheeks and for my pre-jowl sulcus. So far, I'm taking Arnica and started it a few days ago. I have Bromelain, but thought it was just for after. Perhaps I should be taking Vitamin C also. I'll pick some up tomorrow. I'm enjoying this site and all the helpful information everyone posts. :)
Pick up the arnica ointment or cream also!!! After your surgery, if you have black and blue areas it will work wonders. Vitamin A oil is great on your scars, and 2400 units of vit a is good after your procedure. Keep taking your 2000 units of vitamin C and Zinc would be a good idea also. My doctor recommended all I suggested to you. Ice ice ice and no picking up the baby!!!!!! Be good to yourself and your results will be amazing!!
Hi deenerbug, what type of arnica are you taking/using. I've seen gel, cream and pellets, also where did you get it? Thanks for posting your story! :)
My FL was January 7, along with upper and lower eyes, and neck! I have significant numbness and will for months. My incisions are not visible, all in my hair line, except for my chin and upper eyes. But with the Kel cote ointment on my scars, they have lessened, as well as using the vit a oil. Full recovery takes honestly a few months, but you should be good to go outside in 2 weeks. You might want to go on line and purchase Dermablend. It is a cream to conceal black and blue. It really works. Hsn and amazon sell it. A great investment. Take care and think GREAT THOUGHTS!!!!
You can get the pellets at the pharmacy, all of them carry it. The cream I got at a pharmacy and health food warehouse. Check rite aid and Walgreens, they should have the cream or will order it for you. Good luck!!
Thank you for the tips! I have the arnica cream also. I was going to start using it after the surgery. I won't pick up the baby soon after. My daughter will be here for a few days and she will be the one holding the baby. :)
Linde, I'm using Boiron Arnica pellets and gel. I just said I had the cream above, but I checked and it's the gel. I bought the pellets at a health store about a block down the road. I bought the Boiron gel on Amazon. :)
So, what happens do you have to constantly go back in for injections ---- you should have gotten a list of drugs not to take two week prior to surgery -- I definitely would make sure about the Vitamin C if it is on the no list.
I have a list and I'm not taking anything I shouldn't. The doctor left Arnica and Bromelain up to me -- he said he's not for it or against it. Do you mean Juvederm injections? Probably in my pre-jowl sulcus. We'll see after the surgery. I've always had an indentation there from a slightly prominent chin. My daughter and I laugh because it works out great if we want to be witches for Halloween. ;) I have no problem occasionally getting Juvederm injections there. They last longer than usual in that area. I'll probably want Botox in my crow's feet until I'm okay with looking like Clint Eastwood. :)
I love it --- you are going to be just fine and everything is going to look beautiful. Funny, I just reading on another plastic surgeons web and I know we all say -- 3 months - 6 months - a year - and I believe it for the nerves to regenerate but he said by the end of 8 weeks you will be looking like it is going to look. Thank God -- I look fine!!!
Muffins, I meant to reply to tell you I have Dermblend. I bought some when I had my upper blepharoplasty. It does work well! Thank you!
I'm happy for you! I have high hopes for a speedy recovery.
Be sure to get ester C which is the good one for us. Best wishes on your surgery and for an easy recovery,
Thank you Barb michelle. :) I don't know if I've told you, but I have looked at your photos a few times. Amazing! Congratulations for losing the weight and for the fabulous results of your facelift. You're a beautiful lady!! I'm glad you are so happy with your sweetie too. I met mine when I was 14 and married him at 21. We've been married 30 years! He's the sweetest man, a wonderful husband and father and a hottie. :) I have been blessed!
I'm all done with the surgery! I posted a summary of today's events (so far). It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I just took a Xanax and am about to take a nap. No feelings of claustrophobia -- thank goodness! :)
Hi! I am having a fl on March 7th. Very nervous and cannot thank everyone enough for posting all of your experiences, it's helping me to prepare for this!
Hi all, I used a small toothbrush with baby shampoo to get scabs and crust off by ears and in hair. I did not have wounds in the inner ears. The blood crusted in there from surgery. I got it out very carefully. I did try the 50-50 peroxide water mix but it ruined my hair color. My doctor did not support peroxide for wound care as it washes away good healing cells. I used small amount of neosporen with pain relief and mixed it up with Vaseline. I support you all to be a good in your research on before and after care. Ask questions to your doctor and others. All the best on your recoverY!
That is an excellent idea --- and you are right peroxide does not go well with colored hair --- You know -- everyone fill the tub with baby shampoo and just sink down and let your whole head in the water --- you can keep some sterile 4x4's on the tub ledge and toothbrush and baby shampoo --- and Barb is right -- clean your ears but it's just from the surgery ----just q-tips
Good luck Linde, let us know how we can help!!!! Keep asking, this site was a great help to me also.
Best wishes to you Linde! It will be here before you know it. I feel like my surgery date has come up quickly. I posted before photos in the lower face lift section of this site and will update as I go along.
I am gaving a few procedures done on Feb 28 @ 7am, and very nervous. These postings are helping me to stay positive. Thanks Ishtar
This was a good tip marathon mom! After my staples and sutures were removed I did this and it did help to loosen up some of the gunk. :)
Thinking of you today Ishtar!
Me too! I almost sent a message, but didn't want to appear the stalker. lol I hope all goes well and you recover quickly, Ishtar.