Post to Forum

Has Anybody Experienced Side Effects with a Nd:YAG 1320-nm Laser?

• Jennifer from UK
  • 1 year ago

I have had enlarged and dented pores on my nose and to a lesser extent on my cheeks for at least 8 years. I was recently recommended to get 4-6 treatments of the Nd:YAG 1320-nm laser. I am keen but also very wary of side effects having read reviews of the Nd:YAG 1064 treatment. I'm wondering if anybody has had treatments with the Nd:YAG 1320-nm laser and can share their experience?

Comments (3)

9 days ago I had my first treatment to lessen coloration on a port wine birthmark on my chin. I was told that I would be able to wear makeup the day following the treatment.....I experienced an extreme burn on my entire chin area, swollen, blistering and burning pain,continual excretion of pink & red fluid. Day 9 I still have 4 - 5 oozing flisters and can't wear makeup. I am told that my situation is not common and that the next treatment should be better. (I paid for 5 treatments, but have asked to be reimbursed, as I cannot take a chance that this would happen again)........

ouch, sorry to hear that :( Hope you heal soon. 

I am on day 13....my face is still oozing, with several blisters. Feels like it is burning and prickly all the time. I have instructions to wash the area 3 x a day with a cleansing lotion and put a Vaseline type moisturizer on it in between, so that it does not dry out. It is extremely slow in the healing process and I am concerned that I may have scars or a bumpy appearance.