December 2013 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Some additional information to get you started:

Tummy Tuck Survival: A Real Life Guide

Kimmer's Lists And Favorite Things

Comments (2,662)

Sort by

Good Evening my tt sisters. My apologies for the very long time frame between updates. I've been trying to lose this weight that I've put on and needless to say I've lost 10lbs so far I have another 8lbs to go. This hasn't been easy but dedication and discipline and reading the bible has been my rock. I will continue to move forward and give you a grand total on 31 Aug 2014. Keep me lifted in prayers.
Hey tt ladies I'm doing well. I've gain 10lbs but don't know why been walking 4-6miles daily. Going on a diet to lose at least 20lbs. Also I'm continue to walk do squats and crunches. Outside of that flat tummy bigger boobs and thich thighs. Will let you know how the weight loss goes wish me luck.
OMG I know what you mean ! I love my flat tummy but seem bigger everywhere else ! I work out a lot in spin and do squats so my butt is bigger , but hate my thighs! I have been doing the 'it works crazy wraps ' on them ! Which tones firms and tightens ! If any one is interested I am a distributor ! Uh yea and the Braine back fat ! Ick ! Eating right and working out ! Don't get it
* bra line back fat
Hi December ladies! Been missing this forum. I am at 5'9 and 175-178. Pre surgery I was 160! Ah...finding it VERY hard to drop this weight. None of my clothes fit b/c hips & thighs got way bigger. But, I got a flat tummy. Hmmmm...is anyone else missing their old body? I am. Is this normal? At least at 160 my clothes fit. I've tried to cut carbs 85% out of my diet. Still scale doesn't budge...haven't even started exercise b/c of the 4 infections . I think and hope that is all behind me. Any advice as I start exercising?
Just post some pics!! Hope everyone is doing great, still healing, and loving the new you!
Question for you ladies regarding swelling. I am 4 weeks post op and am wondering.... Is it better to keep the CG on all the time to keep the swelling to a minimum? However when I do remove the CG I feel like I swell up within the hour. Or is it better to 'train' your body to get used to it being without the CG for most part of the day, so that it's not such a shock to all of a sudden swell? What do you think??? Have some of you done that and at what point (go cold turkey and just ditch the CG)?? How long did it take to kinda 'settle' and not be such a drastic swell. I have a wedding reception to attend in 2 weeks and am worried that when I take the CG off I will swell up by the time I get there. TIA!!
I say wear for awhile until you train your body. I. Am 7 months post-op and I still wear control tummy underwear. It takes awhile but I am flatter and can feel it tighter. I stopped having drastic swells after about 4 - 5 months.
I wore mine 24/7 for eight weeks. Helps with swelling and shaping. When I finally removed it I wore only at nights, when I worked out, or standing for long period of times and I did not find myself swelling too bad. A little but not much. I would NOT recommend ditching the cg quite yet!! Good luck on your recovery!!
Do NOT give up on the CG yet. As much as I hated wearing mine, it does make a difference in your recovery and shaping. I will be 5 months on the 14th of this month and I am still having swelling. :( It had gotten better, but I think this humidity is adding to it. I just got back from vacation, and unfortunately did not pack any type of CG with me, but I promise I will be putting it on at night this week. I also wear a waist belt while working out, which really seems to help control swelling, as well as helps with the flattening of the belly when sweating it out! :)
Thanks ladies. All good tips regarding the shaping and recovery. I didn't think to ditch it just yet (no way it's my security blanket) but was just wondering how to do it eventually. :)
Use your CG as much as possible for your first 8 weeks. :o) And after that, in the evenings after work for a little while to help minimize the swelling. :o)
Me too ladies, sorry I've been MIA. All is well and getting back to normal. Still have this pull feeling like I'm being tighten from the inside..so not sure what the heck that is. Still losing finally down ten pounds but going for 5 more. Feeling great and same here no regrets...still got 3 months before the daughters wedding so looking forward to being under 200 lbs !
My apologies for not checking in sooner. Busy at times, well tt was 18 dec 2013. I'm feeling tight through out the day, I eat really well still some swelling on my left side right above the incision. I walk about 3-4 miles 4 days a week, lifting some weights drink about 1 gallon of water but not losing any weight. My boobs look bigger, thighs look bigger and not sure what else to cut out of my diet. I feel really good, don't have to see my PS until 1 year check up. Hope everyone is doing well.
Hi All I had my six month post op visit - surgery was 12/03 all went well, I really don't have any swell hell to report - what I can report is the tightness across my tummy, my PS said it's like having a new coat of armour with the MR ,and I would be disappointed if I wasnt feeling the tauntness across the belly . I tell you I was sewn so darn tight I didn't walk straight until my 4-5 week I was so hunched over ... I can look back and giggle now .. Time sure flys ladies . Have a happy summer, cheers :)
Skinnyinside!!! So glad to hear from you and that your appt went great! I'm in the same boat as you. Don't you love Lyos?! I see him again in August. Dissappointed in my last visit on my part because I had questions but was emotional, in a hurry to visit my mom in the hospital (pneumonia). She's great now but I was pretty silent at my appt and wish I had asked more questions. Message me anytime!!!
Helloooo emily77 Yes, Lyos sure will sew you tight for sure ...lol I haven't done any ab/ core workout yet, I just recently was able to pull myself up From a Laying down position using my core muscle , prior to this I would roll to the side and use my arms, I think some if that was a mental issue for me. I am watchful of what I eat avoiding salts/ processed food/ sodium intake . My BB I can live with it, although not totally an innie My BB is shallow in depth and dark :/ Oh one thing I forgot to mention I am suppose to pickup some sort of acid creame this will help with the dark blemishes... Will see about that .. Lol Continue Emily to be blessed - I agree I have no regrets My best to you :-)
Saw my dr today for my 6 month check up ! All is well everything is normal , the upper ab swelling is from pulling me really tight ! He said at least a year before completely down ! Also my "ken doll" is still a bit puffy , he said that from pulling t he neither regions up! My little dog ears aren't too bothersome , my incision is healed nicely, but still red , something about the blood underneath the skin' I also have these marble sized lumps under my incision those will go away ! I am to see him again in 3 months ! I will post pics when I hit the official 6 month mark , next week on the 17th
Hello to all sorry for being MIA lot's going on at home. 148lbs haven't got my waist yet. Still wkot walking more lifting weights more. Still numb around the bb area. But I'm fine doing well.
Sorry I've been MIA. We are in the middle of buying a house. Anyways it's CHECK-IN time!! I am still at 163 lbs and waist is 36" I'm in the gym mainly doing leg exercises and cardio. I had my (almost) 6 month check-up last week and got a A+!! looking and feel great!! I'm not pushing abs for a while. I do not want ANY set-backs again!! Please reply with your measurements over the next week and i will chart!! I hope to be down SOMETHING by July!! Wish you all the best!!!
Hi ! glad to hear all is well. I am going for my 6 month check-up today. I have been doubling up on the gym, but have been sick for over a week now, and have not worked out. I was doing really well with my food plan, but have fell off the wagon preparing for my grandson's 1st birthday.. ! I will post this week
I have not been on here in awhile. Glad to see everyone is well. I had my TT on Dec 11th. My upper abs swell too. The whole area around my bb is very hard and puffs out a bit. My bb was an outie and is taking longer to heal. I've gained ten pounds which I'm very down about. Without exercise I gain very fast. I went back to work full time as a teacher three weeks after surgery and that was my mistake. I never had time to recover and also have two young boys. I decided to quit being afraid of the gym, fatigue, etc. I went to my first Bodypump class since surgery last night and it was great. I'm ready to get back into shape and lose 15 pounds this summer! I will feel healthier. I see my dr in August for a follow up and possible bb revision. I don't regret this at all! It's just a long recovery for sure. Have a lovely week :)
Dealing with the same issues! Hang in there!
I have been working out with a trainer for the past four weeks and I swear my weight has not only not budged, but has gone up. My tummy is swollen and hard as a rock in the middle!!!! Sooooo frustrating! I have my 4 month exam on the 16th of this month and I think my stomach looked better at my two month check up than it does now. :( Feeling pudgy and blue.... And here I will be going on vacation at the end of the month expecting to wear a bikini for the first time in years! ARRRRGHHHHH
Lologarrett :) keep your head high! Bet you look great. But yes, it's frustrating. I'm just planning on not bring completely normal/healed until the 12 month mark. I feel down on myself for being so exhausted and not being able to workout like before surgery.