December 2013 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Some additional information to get you started:

Tummy Tuck Survival: A Real Life Guide

Kimmer's Lists And Favorite Things

Comments (2,675)

Sort by

Regrets about having TT with or without lipo?
I don't have any regrets having my TT. I did not have lipo which I'm SO thankful of. I'm not sure I could have dealt with the drains. I believe that's also why I was able to heal more quickly and return to work sooner because they are able to use stronger pain meds following surgery than if they have to watch for infections due to the drains.
I thought all TTs required drains.
NO!
Not at ALL!! My doc would NOT perform lipo with TT. Lipo is where you need the drains. They use sutures with TTs where the lipo is NOT involved. Much easier recovery period.
Dbutrition, I am almost 8 months PO FTT with lipo on flanks. I have no regrets! To be honest, the first few months were tough and I swelled for a long time. Even now I swell with PMS . Most docs will only do lipo on flanks because of safety reasons. While I bruised longer, it was 100% worth it as I have great definition in my waist. I had drains for a week and it was NO BIG DEAL. Is it annoying, a little yes, did it hurt, no. All docs are different and most I know use drains. I love my new stomach it was the best investment I ever made. After surgery I had little pain but know recovery is slow. You cannot have a FTT and resume normal activities right away. You will need support and will tire easily. Don't worry it's only for a short time.
I had a drainless tummy tuck with lipo and love my results. Several surgeons in my area use a quilting method that does not require drains. My recovery was a awesome And I didn't have to deal with any of the issues associated with the drains. I specifically searched for a surgeon who had experience in this method because I did not want drains.
Hi Ladies... hope all is going well.. we are going on or surpassed our 9 month mark, I hope everyone has the tummy of their dreams... I am starting to have a little swelling in my upper abs the last couple of weeks. Anyone else experiencing this? it seems if I eat or drink a lot (water).. my lower stomach stays flat, but my upper abs inflate.. let me know if anyone else has this problems. I will make an appt. with the Dr. for my 9 month check up. take care !!
I do not. Sorry. I don't go back to see my ps until my one year check up
Read the posts about gaining weight and selling in the lower abdomen. What is this! My doc was blunt. "Have you started doing sit ups yet?". Uh, no. . :-[
"swelling" not selling.
LOL!!! So true!!
Yes, I swell at times in the upper abs. When I have PMS it's awful and I have to watch my diet.
Good Evening my tt sisters. My apologies for the very long time frame between updates. I've been trying to lose this weight that I've put on and needless to say I've lost 10lbs so far I have another 8lbs to go. This hasn't been easy but dedication and discipline and reading the bible has been my rock. I will continue to move forward and give you a grand total on 31 Aug 2014. Keep me lifted in prayers.
Hey tt ladies I'm doing well. I've gain 10lbs but don't know why been walking 4-6miles daily. Going on a diet to lose at least 20lbs. Also I'm continue to walk do squats and crunches. Outside of that flat tummy bigger boobs and thich thighs. Will let you know how the weight loss goes wish me luck.
OMG I know what you mean ! I love my flat tummy but seem bigger everywhere else ! I work out a lot in spin and do squats so my butt is bigger , but hate my thighs! I have been doing the 'it works crazy wraps ' on them ! Which tones firms and tightens ! If any one is interested I am a distributor ! Uh yea and the Braine back fat ! Ick ! Eating right and working out ! Don't get it
* bra line back fat
Hi December ladies! Been missing this forum. I am at 5'9 and 175-178. Pre surgery I was 160! Ah...finding it VERY hard to drop this weight. None of my clothes fit b/c hips & thighs got way bigger. But, I got a flat tummy. Hmmmm...is anyone else missing their old body? I am. Is this normal? At least at 160 my clothes fit. I've tried to cut carbs 85% out of my diet. Still scale doesn't budge...haven't even started exercise b/c of the 4 infections . I think and hope that is all behind me. Any advice as I start exercising?
Just post some pics!! Hope everyone is doing great, still healing, and loving the new you!
Question for you ladies regarding swelling. I am 4 weeks post op and am wondering.... Is it better to keep the CG on all the time to keep the swelling to a minimum? However when I do remove the CG I feel like I swell up within the hour. Or is it better to 'train' your body to get used to it being without the CG for most part of the day, so that it's not such a shock to all of a sudden swell? What do you think??? Have some of you done that and at what point (go cold turkey and just ditch the CG)?? How long did it take to kinda 'settle' and not be such a drastic swell. I have a wedding reception to attend in 2 weeks and am worried that when I take the CG off I will swell up by the time I get there. TIA!!
I say wear for awhile until you train your body. I. Am 7 months post-op and I still wear control tummy underwear. It takes awhile but I am flatter and can feel it tighter. I stopped having drastic swells after about 4 - 5 months.
I wore mine 24/7 for eight weeks. Helps with swelling and shaping. When I finally removed it I wore only at nights, when I worked out, or standing for long period of times and I did not find myself swelling too bad. A little but not much. I would NOT recommend ditching the cg quite yet!! Good luck on your recovery!!
Do NOT give up on the CG yet. As much as I hated wearing mine, it does make a difference in your recovery and shaping. I will be 5 months on the 14th of this month and I am still having swelling. :( It had gotten better, but I think this humidity is adding to it. I just got back from vacation, and unfortunately did not pack any type of CG with me, but I promise I will be putting it on at night this week. I also wear a waist belt while working out, which really seems to help control swelling, as well as helps with the flattening of the belly when sweating it out! :)
Thanks ladies. All good tips regarding the shaping and recovery. I didn't think to ditch it just yet (no way it's my security blanket) but was just wondering how to do it eventually. :)
Use your CG as much as possible for your first 8 weeks. :o) And after that, in the evenings after work for a little while to help minimize the swelling. :o)