December 2013 Breast Reductions Check In Here

• 6 months ago

Comments (1,093)

Sort by

Checking in its been a while. As u remember i had .br dec 17th. I am 4 mon post and hardly any pain or swelling. A zinger if i clean the house. My incisions underneath however began having a pinching feeling. Mabe like ant bites. Whats this. I as m closed up good. Is it just the scars stretching. Or healing? Still using bio oil. Really anyone kn poo w what this stinging feeling is underneath my breast where they cut? Other than that im ok
Hi mema. I had my surgery on dec 19th and I am finding the same as you. Stinging and zingers in the incision. I also noticed that scars have widened and I still cannot wear underwire bra's. but I am also exercising a few nights a week, trying to lose a bit of weight. I guess all that jumping around will cause this. I truly believe that this could last up to a year. Sometimes I put hydrocortisone cream on the incision lines if they are inflamed. It helps!
They seem ok not inflamed but still pretty pink in color however they look good the scars I mean haha. I just feel like the underneath incision. has needles and pins taking me or ants biting. I did do spring cleaning in my house moving things around this may have triggered it.so I will take it easier safe than sorry otherwise I love the c cup.
Anyone still having swelling? I had my surgery Dec 9th and I am still having swelling that comes and goes, particularly in my right breast. The swelling is more central than it was at the beginning, and my nipples are affected by the swelling. It's not painful, but uncomfortable and I'm always aware of my breast. I'd be interested in how everyone else is making out. I should note that I'm not doing any strenuous activity, just everyday tasks. I have a desk job. I did try to get back to working out, but I'm afraid I may aggravate things.
I had surgery on Nov 27th and I still have some swelling, esp if I lay on my stomach. Just saw my PS for my 3 month check-up. He said it is completely normal and that I am still healing. Wow, this process has taken longer than I expected. I still get zingers sometimes, esp around the time of my menstrual cycle.
Thanks for checking in! I agree that the healing process is taking much longer than I could have imagined. It surprises me that I still experience swelling on a daily basis from just doing my daily routine. I am anxious to work out, but my body just doesn't seem ready fir that yet. I too experience zingers several times a week still. Maybe my age is not allowing me to bounce back as quickly as I would like also (I'm in my forties). I am just getting a little worried that maybe I will have these symptoms forever. It helps to hear what you are experiencing and what your surgeon said. I go back to see my surgeon in May.
I have slight swelling sometimes, but right now it's much more common for me to get zingers and sharp pains in general. I don't do anything like heavy lifting, just relatively gentle yoga. I haven't noticed any extra swelling after I do yoga.
I have a friend who had a similar procedure in 2010 and still gets swelling or sharp pains, particularly when the weather is stormy. I have a lot of sharp pains but you know, it's still better than that shoulder and back pain I used to get!
Thats good to know, I had my surgery Nov 12 and get zingers. I have some tenderness, not painful just a nuisance I usually find it is worse after a long day. PMS is bad (alway was) but I guess that is because I am still healing
Feeling great finally. Working my salon full time this week. Walking track. Woohoo! Now its worth it. Lol. Size c. My scars are still pretty pink. Using bio oil massage. Should I use mederma also? My husband does the massages. Nipples still extra sensitive. Ps said the ripples around nipples will smooth out. I love my compliments when everyone ask how I lost so much weight? I just smile and say. Very painfully. Lol. You have all been my source of strength thru all the anxiety fear and tears and relentless complaining. Today after all this. I feel like they are part of me and not a nightmare. Thanks so much
Mammoplectstacy in action! Love that your husband is doing the massage with bio oil, maybe I should get mine to do that!
Glad to hear you are doing better. Hope things continue to go well.
That is such great news to hear. You just needed to take it easy. I am almost 4 months out (I can't believe it!!!!) and I am finally back to 90% normal. I still can't lay on my breasts for too long, they tend to swell a bit. Zingers every once in a while. Minor soreness on my scars. I have never been one to feel comfortable enough to show my breasts to others but lately people are curious as to what they look like, post surgery. I think I have flashed at least 6 people in the last few weeks :) Everybody over 35, is sooooo jealous, cause those girls are sitting up like I am 20 years old. Maybe this summer, I will go braless...who knows.
Booblicious u r so funny. Mine too. I just got a mild zinger. My nipples seem to still be puffy pink. I showed my surgeon. If I raise my arms up my nipples go flat. When I let them back Down they stick out puffy. Haha. My tenderness is slightly the nipple. But feeling so much better once that muscle or nerve whatever it was finally settled down.
4 months seems to be where most people are "finished' and proper bra shopping can commence.....or not if you want to go braless. I plan to do both, braless in some summer tops and dresses. not bad at 57.....
I agree I am just over 4 months post op (where did the time go) and I have noticed ay further change. Looks like I will settle at at D instead of a C. I have not tried to buy wired bras yet. I just sometimes feel tha the scars are tight if I stretch but no pain or soreness. Still cannot get my head around going braless, I am so used to 'scaffolding'.
I have minimum swelling at this point, so I think I will venture out and do some bra shopping...I have been wearing sports bras up til now. I find it funny that I can actually where a sports bra, the first time in my life....
I think that I am a D instead of a C also. We shall see.
Still it is a lot better than before, I can now wear sports bras and soft cheap 'genie' type bras in medium. I have a few non wired bras for work and am very comfortable, I could never wear non wired before so maybe that is why I have not rushed out to but new wired bras
Well if u are A D I'm a DD..:
Minimum? I'm almost 7 weeks and still have a lot of swelling...
Well if u are a D I'm a DD! Based on pics. I think u will end up a C
Love my new look. But husband felt and noticed the areas where the stitches were around nipples were still rippled and not smoothed out yet at 3months. Using bio oil. Should I see dr. Or is this normal. And will it even and go smoothe around nipples. It's not pretty and I am worried
I also have raised/textured scar tissue around my nipples. My understanding is that the scars will flatten and smooth out over time. The scars normally keep changing in appearance for a year or even longer, getting more and more flat and faded.
ColoradoLady They are beautiful! It is wonderful to be able to wear normal shirts...