Post to Forum

If you're getting a breast lift in January or February 2013, check in here!

• 1 year ago

Tell us a little about yourself and let's support each other through this journey.

Comments (9)

I am the 42 year old mother of two awesome boys that just completed one of the hardest years of my life. December 6, 2012 marked the one year mark of my surgery in the battle with breast cancer. Originally I decided against any kind of reconstruction from my lumpectomy, however; I have to look at myself in the mirror each morning and I finally decided that getting this reconstruction isnt me being ashamed of my battle scar, but it is me showing cancer that it did not get me down. I am beginning to get very excited about this. I have never been a vain person, but I have felt very unsexy and undesireable since the surgery...very much hoping that this will turn things around.
Kristi, you will love it! And congrats on your 1 year free!!! I had large DD breasts that were very heavy and very droopy. I had a BL, along with a tummy tuck and Lipo on Jan 16th. My BL has been my favorite part of all my surgery! When is your surgery date?
My surgery is scheduled for Feb 8, so next Friday. I am so excited. I wish I was getting lipo too. Lost some weight after all of my treatments, but feel like I have put a little bit back on. Maybe it is the winter blahs.
Congrats on your 1 yr. I am having BL and AUG on the 27th of February. I am 58 and have lost alot of weight so they are sagging pretty bad. Need the lift and PS recommed implants since I have next to nothing now. Well I am ok and trust him, so going for it, early Birthday present for me. I trust him, He did my arms last year and am very happy. Good Luck! Keep posting. I am nervous, but excited 27 days to go.
AMJ Texas, OMGosh...I am looking at this as an early birthday present for me as well as my birthday is the 17th. I will mark my calender for your big day and hope to hear how you are doing afterwards. I am not doing implants yet. PS said that if I decided later on say 6 months down the road, he could go back in and increase my side. I am a little concerned because he has to decrease the size in my good breast to make it uniform with the one that had the cancer. I really hate to lose any side, but at the same time I am afraid of implants. I guess because of the bc I just fought. IDK, I will just take it one day at a time, and if I am not happy with the results may look into something different.
Yes, one day at a time. The 17th of Feb, wow, well Happy early Birthday. When is your surgery date? I know the 27th will be here before you know it. I have my preop appt on the 12th of Feb. this site has been very helpful with questions. Keep posting.
Yes, one day at a time. The 17th of Feb, wow, well Happy early Birthday. When is your surgery date? I know the 27th will be here before you know it. I have my preop appt on the 12th of Feb. this site has been very helpful with questions. Keep posting.
I am actually scheduled for preop in the morning. Dr. at 9:00 a.m. then hospital registration following. I am nervous, but I think I am even more excited. It will be so nice to finally feel like a whole person again. No one can see my problem, but I look at it in the mirror every morning and every night. Just this huge dent in my breast. Makes me feel defective. Not to mention that my husband has avoided me since the initial diagnosis.. Makes me feel undesireable...so this will definitely help my ego.
Good Luck in the Preop. I know I am nervous and on the other hand wish it was over. Yes, good for your ego,and looking at a whole new you.