17 Questions To Ask at a Breast Implant Consultation
By A. Foley on 01 Nov 2010
Here are 17 suggested questions to ask during your breast augmentation consultation...feel free to add additional questions as comments
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform breast augmentation? If so, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- Am I a good candidate for breast implants?
- What will be expected of me to get the best breast enhancement results?
- Where and how will you perform my breast implant surgery?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect from breast surgery, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with having breast implants?
- How many additional breast implant-related operations can I expect over my lifetime?
- How will my breasts look if I choose to have the implants removed without replacement?
- What shape, size, surface texturing, incision site, and placement site is recommended for me?
- How will my ability to breastfeed be affected?
- How can I expect my breasts to look over time?
- How can I expect my breasts to look after pregnancy? After breastfeeding?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my breast implants?
- What alternate procedures or products are available if I choose not to have breast implants?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for each procedure and what results are reasonable for me?