Is anyone getting a Breast Implant Revision in September or October 2014?

• BethH
  • 3 months ago

A revision means you've already been through some type of breast surgery. We want to support you and cheer you on for the next surgery!

Comments (25)

Sort by

I've decided to have my implants removed, allow the pocket to heal (I'm thinking at least 6 months) and explore new implants then. I want to go smaller and because of this would need a lift. But I'm not ready for all the scars and I just can't bring myself to cut my nipple. I just can't do that! :(
But im keeping my appointment! I'm going to have a TT and BBL instead. :)
Anyone who had surgery already have one breast bigger than the other? Did it change later? My left side isn't settling and don't think it will I think he didn't make pocket big enough and now higher on one side. I addressed it with him and he said it's minimal so don't worry but didn't pay 7000.00 for uneven breasts!
For those who might go through what I did.....I want to update that my breasts evened out and the swelling went down on the one side. So if your breasts aren't the same at first don't panic like I did and give it time!
That must be such a relief. Can you tell me how long that took for you? Thank you so much for sharing!
Yes I thought I was going to have 1 gigantic boob lol. .... I'm 2 and half weeks now so basically 2 weeks for swelling to go down.
My revision is scheduled this Tuesday, September 16th with Dr. Pousti. Getting nervous and second guessing my thoughts on size. Had first BA in 2005, went natural, looking this time for that upper round fullness and more volume without impacting a very active lifestyle with the heavier implants. Was originally thinking 700 but now thinking 600/650...I'm so confused but I know that once I have my pre-op with Dr. Pousti, I'll relax and work it out :)
If you are very active I would say don't get 700cc. I got 600cc silicone and oh boy these puppies are huge! They feel so heavy and hoping after everything heals they won't be so bad and Just need to adjust. It's only been a week and half for me and still can't sleep right and taking meds and it's my second time getting implants. Keep us posted good luck.
Good luck tomorrow rainyanne!
Thank you so much for your insight njsweetnlight! I was super concerned about carrying around the heavier implant! It was your comments that prompted me to revisit my size with Dr. Pousti. I am happy I did, I know that I'm just under a week out and swollen but I feel stretched to the max. I love what I see so far but haven't really looked because I still have four drains in and don't want to disturb anything. I truly love big round breasts but so appreciate you talking me into reality. Thank you!!!
So what size did you end up with? I'm 2 1/2 weeks now and swelling if gone and I feel lighter and normal again lol. Everyone says I'm natural looking newscasts in tall so it fits me but when I wear something more revealing you can notice the size. I can't wait to start exercising and jogging again and didn't think I would ever jog again when I first got them done because they were so big lol. I hope they came out nice and your happy.
He used 545 cc HP silicone. Definitely have the upper fullness that I did not have with my 350 round saline implants that had some overfill. Was natural looking with first BA and wore a true D cup. My main wish was upper fullness and more volume; mission accomplished!
I'm coming to realize the difference between silicone and saline. I think saline look bigger as silicone are soft and tend to be a bit smaller. I like my size but as time goes by I'm wondering if they will keep shape and upper fullness like you said. So far I have more upper fullness but they are still firm and only starting to soften up now.
Hi I just had 2nd BA last week. I went from 330cc to 600cc silicone and so far I can't do much and think I over did it. How long did it take everyone to feel better and the pain to go away?
Im going in October to Dr. Baez in the DR. Im having my 10 yr old implants replaced/revised and my boobs lifted. I believe one has started to leak, I always had trouble with that one. I'm hoping there's no scar tissue or the like in there. My original BA triggered a mild case of bells palsey. Unpleasant but barely noticeable thank God, and my surgeon (Clayman, Jacksonville FL, $3500) was really good about prescribing an anti viral, steroids and all the B vitamins and then sent me to the hospital's pharmacy so they could put it on his account. So going alone is a little disconcerting but I am looking for a roommate. I will most likely go back in early 2015 for a TT & mini BBL if all goes well. Hooe everyone's surgery is a smashing success! :)
omg you poor thing; im going in sept 29th for a third operation, pucker in right breast and bl and tt hopefully; on and off hardening and the visual pucker. hav had mri and ultrasound that say no leak howev im still concerned. seeing one mor dr tomorrow bfr deciding what to do....ughhhhhh emotional draining..
It is gtdavis! For me it's the not-knowing & worrying that drains me. The right breast is now smaller than the left, but use to be bigger. I can also feel rippling and something firm in there. I believe its the port bcuz its right at the underbust incision line. I hope it all works out for you, I understand the emotions involved. :)
im a hairdresser of 33 years..omg yes im 51..ha lol...first aug 500ccs in 06 first revision 350ccs still tooo frikn big....mammogram later that year that pushed my implant out of the pocket and puckered....so unsure to redo another time...will this b better or can it b any worse?/ scar/tissue wise? 3diffrent drs w 3 dffrent opinions...one said leav implant alone an just do another lift?????? ughh so confusing....its been 5years since on/off issues w it....last aug 6years..f-k dont wanna do again honestly..lol...keep me posted on your stuff; i see the final dr tomorro at 130 for last opinion..scheduled opt tentatively for sept 29th/#!..unless im 100% comfortable w this guy/#!!//...
Wow! Please do keep us updated. You're really going thru the wringer with this. I don't understand why a dr would tell you to do nothing if you've botomed out. One of the reasons im getting a revision is bcuz they need to be higher. They were placed in a 'natural' position to begin with and have dropped as my muscle and skin relaxed over the years. This has caused neck pain, back pain and shoulder pain from the weight of holding them up in my bra. So you'd think thats something you'd be advised to fix. I wish you wisdom in your decision making in hopes that helps ease the anxiety. ♡
its so comforting knowing theres kind people like yourself on this site that know what im going through!!!!...wtf...lol...the truth is theres (never) just one surgery....will keep u updated for sure and vice versa for anyone else out there as well!
OMG this is why I don't want to get mammogram done because if they damage anything they don't pay for it. There has to be another way they can check things out. How did doctor appointment go?
yes i am!...3rd breast surgery do to pucker in right implant!..exchange of implants and tt.
gtdavis, this must be frustrating for you. Hoping the 3rd time is a charm. I just sent you a PM so you can start your own review and we can track your progress and support you. Check out this forum for women in their 50's getting BAs!
I am! I've had surgery one year ago and I want them bigger. I now have 265cc moderate profile and the 3rd october I will have 380cc high profile implants.
laureenbenthe, I also sent you a PM about starting your own review. You might be interested in this forum of women who also wished they had gone larger. Keep us posted!