Is anyone having breast augmentation in September or October 2013?

• 1 year ago

If so, introduce yourselves so we can offer support throughout this journey!

Comments (198)

Sort by

we hope that your surgery is being successful and don't be nervous you are very rare for your improvement :)
HI i have my surgery tomorrow :-/ feeling very nervous about how much i will be able to do afterwards as must go family funeral on the Wednesday!!

How did your surgery go? So sorry to hear about the upcoming funeral.

all went ok but boy it hurt. Far more than i thought and the frankenboobies was a shocker i had square boobs!!!!! went to my grandfarthers funeral yesterday wearing a figure hugging dress and felt amazing. Was worth it just so unprepared for the pain. I do wonder when will the square go and be a little softer?
Everything is ok?
I though breast augmentation can last forever? ....Right?
NO!!! breast augmentation is not forever. At some point you may need to get them removed or replaced. There are many reasons why but please do not think they last forever. I am 41 I have cohesive gel silicone unders and i can imagine that around 10 years i would probably need to get them replaced as long as i don't have any issues before then
Oh my... 10 years time have to spend another few thousands to get it replace again? So have to wait for it to leak or whatever then change? Anw.. do anyone knows what's the cause for silicon/saline to leak? They dont just suddenly errupt/leak for no reason right? And as long as it doesn't leaks or errupt its ok to place it there forever? Possible? =(
There is no rule that they have to be replaced every 10 years, 20 years, or ever. If you don't have a leak or a tear (and with the new gummy bear implants even if you do have a tear) you don't have to replace them. The cohesive silicone and saline will have small ripples in them no matter what, over time these little creases can tear and start to leak. The new highly cohesive implants do not ripple the same way cause the silicone is different, therefore no ripples, no little creases and no little tears. These new gummy bear implants could potentially last forever, but you would be a lucky girl to have that be the case. :) I'm hopeful.
Oh thanks u gave me a light of hope =( Hope piyavate hospital does provide new "series" of implants *gummy bear implants*. Omg.. I m so excited and worried to undergo breast augmentation surgery =(
Loavonne please please please do your research and talk about your concerns with your PS. ittbitty1 is right there is no set rule but nothing man made lasts forever.

Here is a link to our RealSelf Doctor Q&A where your question is addressed with several doctor responses. Hope you find this helpful.

Its saline better or silicon?
that is a personal choice.. I would suggest reading all of the pros and cons of both and make the choice along with your PS.
I concur with jerzeegirl as well. I'm over 50 and this is my first ever ps, so the research I did was for me personally I do feel "safer" but check out pros/cons, talk to your PS and be assertive this is your body and you will make the final decision good luck in this.
Ive done my research. Slicon is better as it doesnt tears or leak easily compare to saline. But when both leaks, slicon is more harmful then saline when leaks... right?
the new generation of silicone does not "leak" like the old school ones do. My doctor took one of the Cohesive gel implants and actually cut it, nothing came out of it. So, from what i understand if it does rupture the gel will pretty much stay in tact. But I do believe it would need to be removed if it ruptures.
Hey ladies , I'm one week post op and some things to note. If you already don't know. You have to take it easy meaning no lifting and no excercise including sex! You can't have your heart rate go up as you may get a " bleed" internally. They did not tell me that and I'm glad I didn't get one. Also hAve help!! I almost past out when I had my first shower and I have a strong stomach. I work in dentistry. Another thing is just yesterday if felt great and was getting out of the shower and hit the floor ( braced myself) due to dizziness and I almost fainted. The warm water caused bazodialation ( spelling?) and it caught me off guard. Very scary. Please have Someone with you. I work out 5 times a week min on average and am very healthy. I think I took the surgery for granted. It's way more invasive than you may think. It's difficult to sleep still. Just be patient and accept help. Ps the stitches and scars fucking freaked me out at first. Normal reaction. ( through nipple). It gets better. Cheers

Your advice is excellent! Thank you Roxycurl78! Take it easy and looking forward to your review when you're feeling better!

Hi Everyone, I had my operation yesterday morning at 6 AM. I had 510 CC under the muscle. I am writing this for anyone who is considering the surgery or has an upcoming one scheduled. I am such a baby and was entirely nervous going into it. The only reason I was able to finally push myself to go through with it was because I had spent years wondering about it, and came to the conclusion that the days of pain were well worth the insecurity I was living with. I know each healing process varies for everyone but the pain is NOWHERe near what I had expected. Day one was so easy, I woke up and felt little pressure in my chest. By taking my pain meds religiously I felt minimal to no pain at all for the entire first day. I did wake up day two (today) with more pain and swelling, probably at a 6 out of 10, but still completely bearable and nothing close to what I thought it would be. I am so glad I went through with it and SO excited to see my doctor on Monday. Let me know if anyone has any questions leading up to their surgery since I just had mine yesterday I am happy to answer !

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your experience. Hoping you'll start your own review so we can follow you and support you during your healing process. We'd also would like to take advantage of your offer to ask questions! Happy healing!

Hi I am just about 5 weeks post op from BA with lift (and tummy tuck) can anyone tell me when I can start running again?? Thanks :)
I had mine done last Tues (10/22)... BA w/Mastopexy to correct moderately tuberous breasts. 400cc silicone with submuscular placement & an areolar incision. LOVING my results so far, just becoming unnecessarily preoccupied with developing CC, seeing as my doctor reported having a less than 2% incidence rate. My pain was wayyyyyyyy less than I had anticipated, so I've been pretty lucky in my recovery so far, & hope things continue that way. Hardest part so far honestly, has been adjusting to falling asleep on my back. Oh & on post op night 2, the bloating & swelling of my stomach between fluid & gas retention, & constipation, was worse than any of the breast pain I experienced. And that was with miralax, colace, & dulcolax... Constipation didn't let up til I was off Percocet for at least a full 24.
Hello all. Had surgery Oct 17, 2013 Textured silicone 305cc over the muscle. Pretty good recovery, morning boob soreness after sleeping at close to 90degrees and back pain were bad. Took percocet for first 2 days only and I have little pain tolerance. I admire all you ladies who go under the muscle!! wow!! =) PS says they have settled, I think theyre too big and fake looking =/ hopefully time will change that. Cant wait to workout again. Good luck to all =) xo
Neither has anyone else besides surgery?