Post to Forum

August and September 2013 Mini Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 10 months ago

Comments (7)

wonderful and welcome chica! your sharing your pix so all of us can see how well your stomach looks, as i know most of us women say the pouch etc. is the best feeling once gone.share ur pix! wanna see what a wonderful beautiful job your surgeon did.god speed.happy healthy healing! *CertifiedFlatSexiStomach2013-2014*
I will definitely post some when I get them! I didn't think about taking my own "before" pics (duh) so will try to get soem from the surgeon's office.
yea that is fine chica, gracia muchas. so we all can see how well your looking,and how the dr."work his magic for u!" adios
I wish I had come across this site sooner! Just had a mini/ "hybrid" TT Sep. 25, a few years after having a BIG baby. I hated my belly that wouldn't go away. I would love to hear others experiences who have had a similar procedure. I had the "pooch" that comes from diastasis of the muscles, but didn't have excess skin, stretch marks or fat (but did have that stubborn residual pregnancy fat on my flanks). I was told by one PS (that I was referred to by a friend) that because of the need to fix the muscles all the way up to the ribcage, I would need a full TT, even though I didn't have the excess skin to remove. They also said I would have 2 drains, a hip to hip scar and belly button scar. Thankfully I shopped around, and found a PS who had the expertise and equipment to do a mini or " hybrid " TT. He also has the training to conduct the procedure without the need for those annoying drains! As I left his office, I realized my anxiety about a TT was replaced with excitement! TIP#1: Please get consultations from at least a few surgeons, so you are comfortable and get the procedure that is truly right for you! I am at day 10 now and love that I can already see the dreaded pooch is gone! I do have swelling as expected, so can't wear jeans, and the swelling is always worse the more I am upright. Thankfully I can work from from home some while I recover. TIP2: Don't underestimate how much downtime you will need and have lots of help in place. Even though I feel good (mostly achy now from flank lipo), I still need to slow down from my usual working Mom pace to keep the swelling down and minimize the ache. My surgeon was happy with how I am healing at my 1 week post op, but per his protocol, I need to wear compression for 5 more weeks then see him again at 6 weeks post op. If anyone is NOT wearing a compression garment ( as I realize some PS don't think they are necessary), I would love to hear how you are doing! And if you do use compression, what the most comfortable kind? Hope to hear from others going through this now. Though I do not regret having this done, I know from others posts that it's a loooong road to full recovery, so would like to be here for each other as we deal with the ups and downs!
Hi calcbmom! Did u post pics somewhere? Would love to seebefore and after. If its not too hard for u. I did not wear compreasion garment had tt without the abs. My pswas ok w that. What is a "hybrid" tt?
Hi there - I haven't posted pics; I completely spaced taking any "before" pics myself, so will see if hte surgeon's offie will e-mail some to me! A "hybrid" TT is not a widely accepted term (sorry about that), but it essentially means I have the mini scar but also have the full muscle repair all the way ip to my ribs, which was my main problem. I'm stil wearing hte compression since my PS really wants me to, but I had lipo of the flanks too, and know it's suppsoed ot close up the tunnels made by the cannula during hat procedure.....anyway, I'm getting used to it but still don't love it! I am 15 days out now - any survival tips are welcome! Hope you are happy with yoru results and feeling good. :-)
I only wear the garment day time. I take it off when I am in bed. It feel so much better but I only sleep on my back when there is no garment. Before I get up,I put it back on. It works well for me.