Post to Forum

August 2013 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 10 months ago

Comments (3,192)

Sort by

when do we stop the big knickers had surgery in August?
I'm still in my big knickers I had surgery aug too x
I'm 5months too and the incision is also quite red. Going for upper ab lipo on Feb 4th.
I'm 5 months my scar is still quite red but I'm not that worried about it but I am still swollen above my belly button. MEL
Hi everyone and happy new year it seems forever since I've last posted on here! Was just wondering why everyone used on their bb scar, I'm using bio oil but it doesn't seem to be lightening it and I am now 5 months postop
Scars take over a year to totally mature and settle down.  Keep using the oil and it will make a difference over time.  
Thanks, my scars from my previous TT seemed to have lightened quicker, I'll keep using the oil x

Ladies we have a new Belly Button Surgery Community.  If you have had this type of surgery, know of someone who has please spread the word and check it out.  

Would love your help in building this community.

Hi ladies.... was wondering if I could ask a question. Had a TT w/MR and uppertummy lipo Dec. 10. I'm getting Married May 3. Which is months away. Is swelling still going to be a major factor at that point? I've browsed this forum but would like some foresight. I want to look sexy for my guy on our special day.
I had mine Oct. 3, 2013. No swelling now for me. Still a couple of places still healing, but life is normal and doing full exercise. Still tight when I stretch out, but that is a good thing. Good look with your recovery!
I had my TT w/ MR on 8/9/13. I have minimal swelling, just a little above my pubic bone. You should be fine by your wedding. Congratulations!
I had mine Sept 20 tt, aggressive lipo to flanks, back, stomach , and abs. My swelling isn't as bad at first but i do still swell. I wear something for compression at all times, and my lipo board. Eeveryone is different. Lot's of water, lower salt intake, , watch drinking, rest, massage etc.....all wull help
Hi Devora and all August girls- TT 8/8/13 and Im doing well. Still have some upper belly bulge and going 2/4 for lipo just on the upper abs. Im still a little sore still. Cant believe that one. This lipo can't be done at TT time due to possible side effects of skin necrosis so Im not looking forward to my part 2 of all this. BUT it will be flatter! Hope all is well and Merry Merry Holidays especially to d37 and all the rest of you wonderful ladies. God Bless.
Hi. It's been forever since I've been on here but my doctor mentioned the same thing to me about lipo on the upper abs for the same reason. I hope it goes well for you.
Updated with new photos. ..happy healing beautiful ladies.
Just updated photos at 16 weeks. Merry Christmas to all!!
Updated 10wks g Happy healing
Hope all of you ladies are doing great. I posted update and talked about my dog ear getting fixed. Happy Holidays to all of you!
Updated with new pics
Hi all!Well, today is 12 weeks post TT! Can't believe it! I am doing great I am getting ready to post and update with photos this morning or tomorrow so stay tuned. I went to my PS last week and he was also pleased but wants me to come back in February for my 'after pictures" because he thinks my scar will fade more and I still have some swelling that will go down even more. I am getting some comments now from friends like, "Wow! You look great! How did you do it?" Ha Ha Tonight, my son is taking 7 of us out to celebrate my 64 th birthday tomorrow. (Keep that in mind if you view my pictures) I am not 30, 40, or even 50! But, I do have a nice shape for 64! lol Would love to hear how the rest of you are doing.
Happy birthday. I'm at 12 weeks. Still have swelling at times but all in all doing great. I'm also 64. Can't wait to see pics. I may try to take some also
Thanks Dee! You look great! Would love to see your update at 12 weeks!
Hi tt ladies! Just wanted to post that at 8 weeks, feels like i'm finally turning a corner. There are actually afternoons now where I don't even think of my stomach and don't feel the tightness and swelling! Finally started cooking again and having energy enough to be back to normal :) Can't wait to start exercising - I don't feel safe to do that yet and doc says only cardio. Maybe I'll try that this weekend :)
Hi ladies! Anyone have any upper ab swelling?? Mine just started the past week. I haven't had much swell hell at all, but at 9 (almost 10) weeks post op, I am noticing a lot more swelling. I did just start back into my 2-3 mile run- maybe that's affecting my water retention... Thoughts? Hope you all are well!
Are you watching how and what you eat? I tend to bloat when I over eat. Exercise helps me, Metamucil and eating less.