August 2013 Breast Reductions Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Comments (812)

Sort by

Hey lovely ladies, how is everyone getting on now that most of the people here are 3 months post op?? Mine will be three months on the 27th November and I do feel good, it's the best decision I ever made. My only wish is that I wish I had gone smaller, I'm a 34DD (british sizes), but they're still much smaller than my 34G boobs! What is everyone using for the scars? Mine are still quite angry looking! Also, has everyone's 'dropped'? I miss the firmness of the immediate post op boobs, they're not as firm now and I am so scared that they'll go south quickly again!!! :-/
I am just beginning to enjoy my new boobs. They are all settled in and are beginning to feel more natural. My right boob is still tight on the side but it is beginning to show signs of improving.I haven't even tried on any bras yet (still in the bra that hooks in the front) but I think this weekend I am going bra shopping. They are still formost in my thinking. Hope everyone is doing well.
Yes im in the same place where everything is coming together and my pain level is under control I found the genie braw is so comfortable .Sometimes wearing a normal braw will start to hurt a hour or so into it and it feels really good to take it off and put a comfortable braw that feels supportive but not constricted its really been go to me , also have a great time braw shopping
thank you. i am glad your feeling good too. enjoy your new boobs too.
Ladies I have missed you so much. My account was messed up and I finally understood how to clear it. So many new BR Sis. I hope alls well and give me a min to catch up n Post my befr n after pics. I'm a lil over 3mos PO n My PS loves them. Me on the other hand still getn used to them eventho they are cute looking. I do have the dog ears. Not as bad as the beginning but still here. I'm actually fine with it. I've rounded out better not square Boob anymore. My stomach doesn't look 8mos anymore but 4. I can handle tht better lol. Ok Ladies Best to you ALL
I'm 8 weeks post op and my new boobs are quite "square" looking - will this change? I do hope so......I'm still a bit tender in the incisions near the under arm and I have weird puckering of the skin, which I don't think will go away - seeing my ps in January and might have to have another small procedure.....
I am now 3 months post op. I too have had the puckering of the skin on the side. I am happy to say in the last week it has started to relax a bit. I feel like the breast tissue is evening out. So hang in there.. this should change.
My surge Budd Ginstet called them SquareBoobs. Yes mine started rounding out about tht time. Yes, I kept adjusting my bra off my incisions. I'm wearing strips so tht actually helped with the rubbing irritation.
Ohhh im in so much pain because of my braw rubbing against incisions Im almost 1 month poast, so does your doc supply the strips or is it that you have to purchase them, if so are they expensive
Aww sweetie I know what your feeling. At first Inlayed gauze to cushion the rubbing. Yes, I had to purchase the strips. Omg at PS office they are expensive. I went to Walgreens pharmacy $15-$20 n some BR Sistas ordered online. Yeah, I was always adjusting the darn bra. Try gauze until you can find the strips inexpensive. Mine are called Scar Away. They have really helped with my lumpy scars underneath boobies. Xoxo
I am now over 3 months out and still have open wounds, my right is 6x3cm. I stopped wearing a bra 2 weeks ago and feel so much better without the bra rubbing. My PS gives me my supplies, I think she feels bad for me.
Did you start using the silvadene? It closed my wounds right away. It took no more than 9 days.
my wounds were so large my PS had VNA come to my house every day for 4 weeks to apply silvadene then I had 4 pig skin grafts then aquacele and now back to silvadene. The docs think it's some sort of autoimmune syndrome. Had I known, I would have never had the surgery.
Ok ladies it been three weeks now and I'm still in my surgical bra when can I start to wear a regular / sports bra and what are some of the good ones out there to buy?
I think your good to go now. I did on the second week. just make sure the bra is very supported so the new girls don't go a bouncing.
Thanks,,, nuwLee
The Genie Bra so comfortable they are at target and wallmart this will be your reaction, ahhhhhh
Lol Lady, I still wear my button front surgical bra. Maybe I'm nutz. Anyhoo, lol I tried my zip up soft cup sports bra too early and got stuck in it for what seemed like an hour but really prob 30secs LOL smh. It took me a longtime after to ty agin. I stayed with the cutsie sports bras for wks. I did get a soft cup Bali bra. I'm still not used to it. I guess b/c it's NOT my regular Armor. It feels to weak. I still have not tried an underwire. I went to Target to shop but seen nothing I was interested in. I suggest ya try the soft cups. What does your PS say about it? I do like the soft cup for irritation purposes. Other ladies were wearing underwire. They felt good. Try and see Chica :))
How soon after your surgery can we remove the surgical tape?
I had no tape
3 Mos PO, I would ask your PS honestly, I removed some of the "glue" early on and that left room one of the incisions to open slightly & the ends of the stitches to poke ok. So better be on the safe side.
My PS removed mine a week after. I kinda wish I would have kept it on another week because there were a couple spots that were still a little open. I just kept some bandages on them with antibiotic ointment and it worked fine. But, ask your PS before you remove it. It really depends on how you are healing.
You don't remove it, your dressings lady will when she sees you.
I got the reduction the 18th of October. tomorrow is my doc appointment 12 Nov and I believe that they will be taken off they hurt now
PayudaraGoddess,,, How Are You??