Post to Forum

April 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Comments (1,421)

Sort by

Hi guys...sorry to hack your page, but I was hoping to hear from some of you that were NOT satisfied at around 3 months or so, but by month 6 things looked much better. I am 3 months PO....I have some sagging skin when I bend over, and I have a lump (swelling?) right above my belly button. Does that go away? Could the sagging skin be from swelling? Its not much, but i am alittle concerned..... Just looking for some input. Thanks!
I am noticing some extra skin now and my scar and belly button have dropped I have a spot that seems to swell more then other places like now I'm coughing a lot and my right side seems to have a lump above my bb seems really hard still and tight I would go see your ps and talk to him I am not happy with my sides and will be getting more lipo on that and my back which comes with a price tag but I'm happy with the front for the most part
Thanks for the input! This part is hard, waiting for the final results, seeing if you need a revision...uugh!
Ya it is I'm waiting to do my revision but to be honest I'm still a lot smaller and tighter then before I feel better about myself and have even worn a bikini confidently this summer I just know that I will feel better when my sides are flat to
September 29th ladies is the date that is scheduled for my revision. Just wanted to update you all. How are all of you?
I just had my check up on Monday. My surgeon is very pleased with the results...saying whatever I'm doing keep doing it. So over July and August I walked in our pool or in the ocean nearly everyday. I walk on a treadmill and bike now as I'm away from the summer house. I'm watching my calorie intake, trying not to obsess about it! There's a little area about 2 inches long on the left near my hip bone that he will re-assess in February-he may tighten that area up under local anaesthetic. All in all I feel more confident in myself, although I have to admit there are times when I feel my confidence dipping back down to pre surgery feelings. When I look in the mirror it's like I'm looking at someone else, still trying to get myself to the place where this is it now, my new look on the outside and more confident on the inside. How's everyone else??
I unfortunately have another cold lol the cough still hurts but no where near as bad but I was fairly swollen with the cough so I went to the walk in clinic to get something for the cough and have them take a look at the belly cause it was really quite swollen well I got this dr that was pissed at the world she read me the riot act about having this done and spending that kind of money you know the usual comments all rolled into one then she said what on earth would make you do that so I told her I that I kept having gold coins fall out of my ass and I didn't know what to do with all that money so it seemed like a logical next step lol just goes to show even well educated people that you think should have some class can't get passed third. My belly is healing well the scar seems to have dropped and my belly button to and I'm happy with both I still haven't got my sides fixed just kinda sitting on that for a bit I'm thinking maybe after Christmas I'll get it done because we will be going to Mexico sometime after and with the weather in canada being so crappy this summer I didn't even get to show it off much I want to feel really good on the beach hope your all doing well
I can't believe a doctor would say that to you! My other doctors. (Dermatologist & GYN) have been very supportive and happy for me. So sorry! I think you look great. That Dr. probably has no kids - and definitely not ever twins. Ugh!
For sure she was nasty to everyone I saw a girl in the pharmacy after who thought she was nasty to so at least it wasn't just me lol I have decided to go ahead with the lipo to my sides and back iv come this far I might as well finish it off but I'm going to wait till after Christmas and in the meantime just keep working hard once my cold is gone I have been doing a ton of overtime to save for it so hope by the end of jan I should be ready and have enough sick time saved to take a week off just incase
Good morning ladies. Well good news. My loan was approved. :) Found out yesterday. Went and signed the papers and all that jazz. I have to set up an appointment to meet with my PS and then give them the check. At that point we will set up a day to do the revision. I do have a few questions to ask him. The first one is, I have been reading that once a MR ruptures most PS's will put a mesh in the 2nd time around to reinforce the repair. The second one is, I have also read that is good to wait 6 months after MR repair to fix any ruptures. However, if I wait any longer it is possible for the rest of the repair to come undone. I will keep you alll posted on what is going on and when it will happen. It really sucks that right in the dead of summer I will be doing this, but I just can't justify spending the 5600.00 I already spent and just ignoring this. The things we as women go through! Ugg.....Well I hope all of you are doing well. Allie3, how are things with you and what have you decided?
Congrats on the loan. I would also ask your PS if he used individual sutures or an unbroken suture. If they are individual, one or two rupturing shouldn't affect the others. If they are unbroken there is risk for "unthreading". A lot of PSs do both. Just a good question. Did he ever say why this may have happened??
He just said that the wire may have cheese wired through my muscles. My muscles are very stretched pretty thin from the 2 twin pregnancies.
I never thought about that....was thinking it was a case of broken wire. Keep us posted!
Still not sure I'm thinking to actually be happy with it I will have to but seriously my husband will snap lmao so I'm keeping it to myself lmao for now till I have the money saved it will take me a few months to come up with it by then I'll be sure I want it and I'll feel more confident in my choice for now I can hide it I don't mind having curves they actually look hot but the points and my back are not doing it for me it will look better so I'm on save mode for now would like to have it done before my brothers wedding in oct but I'm also not going to kill my self to save that much that fast it's a lot of overtime lol
Hello ladies! How are all of you doing? I am still depressed about how things are going here for me. I meet with the loan lady tomorrow. I am hoping that my loan approves to get the money that I need to get this redone. If it don't approve, I really have no other options. :( Please keep your fingers crossed and pray that it all works out for me. Once I find out if that is approved I will be setting a date to have the revision done. I am assuming it would be sometime after the week of the 4th of July. My PS is out of his office all week this week..so..I am really hoping that this works out for me. I hope you all had a great weekend. Short work week this week! Yay!!! :)
Praying for the best outcome for you.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hoping your loan goes through. : )
So, here I sit. I finally was able to talk with my PS today. They did a CT last Friday. They had thought there was a possible hernia and there is not. So, he is not comfortable with fixing those sutures while under local. He wants me to go back under general so that he can repair the diastatis properly. Ugh...which is going to cost me $1881.00 for anestesia fees and the ambulatory services or whatever. I have NOTHING left to give! I am so frustrated right now!!! I am BEYOND pissed off! Sorry, had to vent. Just got home from work. The house is a mess. KIds are at each other's throats. Fixing a drink!
Have one for me I'm looking at another 4000
OMG!!!! What?!!!!
Yep less if I go for the local and not the puting me out
OMG!? Why do you have to pay? It seems like he didn't fix it the first time so he should fix it now! I would be a mess. I hope there is a way you guys can meet in the middle. I'm sure the thought of surgery is so overwhelming too. I hope things get easier girl:)
So sorry! Enjoy your drink!
Ok so I saw my ps today iv been kinda worried about my sides still being so big so today when he looked he suggested I have more lipo done on the sides and back and he would pull the skin down more on the sides not sure if I should do it my choice is to have it done while I'm awake but he said it would be better to put me out so he could be more aggressive with the lipo but this of course will come at a cost I'm not excited by the wt it looks but I can hide it easily not sure what to do
@ allie Is, he doing it in the hospital or office? I feel you it's a little scary to mind if go backwards but at the same time we had a different vision. I'm not too happy with my end results either. I go for my 3 month follow up Friday.