Post to Forum

April 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 6 months ago

Comments (428)

Sort by

Questions for you ladies that are more than 1 week post op........my abs are flat now but my waist is now 4" more than preop. I know I'm still swollen but when did you start seeing and feeling a difference? Hopefully tomorrow I get my last drain taken out.
I will be two weeks this Friday and I can't even say my abs are flat. I'm very swollen. Some of the reviews I've read indicate the swelling can last a while.
I agree - I was two weeks this past Tuesday, my drain came out on day 9, and I am swollen. More swollen with drain out than in now that the body must absorb what was draining. I had the flattest abs when I went back the very next morning for a check and haven't been that flat since! Ha I think we may be better with the swelling hopefully at a month out but we still won't see full results for up to several months. I keep focusing on the end result. My surgery was April 1st and I'm hoping for great results by the time I go to the beach for the 4th of July. That will be 3 months so keeping the fingers crossed :-)
I consider myself a worry wart and scheduled to have my TT/lipo 4/25. I'm full excitement and scared as hell. My girl friends can't believe I'm doing it. I had a lot of women say in general you just go to the gym but there not a Dr so shame on them.
That's right girl I hear you after a lot of nasty comments from my mom including on the day of surgery she came around now she wishes she could do it and is proud I went through with it and did all my homework and research you need to do what is right for you going to the gym is fantastic and can help with being in the best shape for after but when it comes to extra skin and stretched muscles the dr knows what will help best and they are just jealous. Hope all goes well and I'll be watching it is a crazy journey but for me it has been good
I agree with allie3 - you have to do what's best for you!
Oh I heard lots of You Don't Need One - those people don't see what we hide under our clothes and how it makes us feel. I may have complained about the drain and now the binder but I would do it all over again - I do not regret it at all!
So, I got my call to be at my PS on 4/17/14 @ 8:15 AM...I'm so nervous and excited!!!!
Good Luck!!
Good Luck! I'm going tomorrow too but haven't heard from my PS office yet. Can't wait to hear how you do!
Good Luck!!
Thank you! I'm so nervous, I can't sleep..
Today was the first day that I feel like I'm really back to normal! I had my TT two weeks ago. The wound is healed, bruising is gone and swelling is minimal. I can stand up, walk at a pace for quite some distance and as I live on my own, I've changed my bed sheets, cleaned and done the washing. The hypersensitivity is much less, I don't need pain meds or even my spanx anymore. The only thing I feel is a bit of muscle ache and pulling. I've got an appointment with my PS tomorrow and I'm looking forward to showing him his handy work.
Your doing no spanx? I thought you are suppose to wear them for months?
WOW, they don't even want me out of my binder and into spanx for 2 weeks after the drain removal and then spanx or some type compression garment for extended period of time. I'm staying in mine, paid too much to risk it ha
I totally agree with you.
I feel you on that. ..will have mine on. ..until Schaffer says it...too much money and waited too long for this moment. ..so can't risk it
I hear you!!!!"
Did you get lipo too? I think that makes a difference in how long your PS might want us to wear a garmet. After my drain is out (yay tomorrow) I still need to wear a full garmet for another six weeks.
I had some lipo to the flanks - I have to wear the binder for 2 weeks after drain out and then continue to wear a compression garment, it just doesn't have to be the binder - which I am beginning to dislike almost as much as the drain Ha
The evidence does not support routine use of compression garments of any kind and indeed, if you read the doctors views published on this site, they are divided in their opinions. My job is heavily involved with research and I never take anyone's word as law, especially doctors. If you think I got mine free and have less to lose than the rest of you, you are mistaken! I saw Mr Yii today and discussed that very point with him and he said he sees no end results any better with garments but if I felt I wanted to wear one then it won't do any harm. I had flank and mons lipo as well as the TT. He had a good palpate of my abdomen and declared a pocket of fluid collection above my umbilicus and wanted to aspirate it. I asked if it would eventually go away and he said it would, so I declined to have a potential risky procedure performed on me. It is purely cosmetic and not worth the infection risk. I'm really pleased with how it's healing and looking and I have one more week off work. Bring on the summer'
Hey girl good for you - never intended any negativity or thought of yours being free - whatever make you happy and feels good - glad you are doing well.
I had a lot of fluid that was aspirated yesterday and I have to say it felt a lot better not having the extra fluid pushing on my belly I'm no where near as swollen or big today with it gone and have managed to get a lot more done today cause I feel better
Thanks Naknak. It wasn't just you that made that comment but no need to apologise. I just wanted to share information so others going through the same thing can consider their options. Doing something just because someone told you to is pretty foolish in my eyes! I've seen lots of comments all over the site about how uncomfortable they are to wear and some people have even been rubbed raw from them. Not conducive to good healing and progress I think. I hope you're doing good too. I have yet to properly post pictures up but I will when I get my act together. There is one of me po by about 4 days on the questions bit of the site but no others. I'll try to do that as soon as possible.
Wow maybe I missed something? I think everyone on here has been pretty supportive and just made appropriate comments to your post. It sounded like we were a all just surprised and jealous you get to go without a binder but no one said or used the word foolish like you just did. Not sure that was fair.