Post to Forum

April 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 6 months ago

Comments (545)

Sort by

Day 2 post op..anyone else super hunched like most completely bent over?
Yes. Just changed my dressing already am really sore
Thanks gals. I realllly want to wear spanx but getting them off and on is too painful! I had extensive muscle repair - thinking that might be prolonging the healing. And I laughed harder than I have ever laughed the other day, thought I was gonna die!
I evidently still have enough numbness around my incision area that pulling the Spanx or Maidenform Flexees up and down have not been a huge issue. I had them in size Medium prior to surgery (I think a small would definitely but hard to get on and off) and they seem to be working fine. I was supposed to wait until Thursday to start wearing them but I was having way too much binder discomfort under my breast and swapped over Sunday night - Tuesday I was 3 wks po and Thursday would have been 2 weeks po of drain removal. I can not tell that I have any more swelling with them than I did with the binder. My surgical incision tape is still hanging on but I was told I could remove it at 3-4 weeks and that I could start using scar treatment at 4 weeks. I found ScarAway Silicone Sheets on Amazon and they came highly reviewed. I ordered the 7 inch strips and figure it will take 3 to cover the entire incision. From reading the reviews, you wear them 12 hours (one reviewer wears hers 24 hours) wash with a mild soap let dry and reuse up to one week. So I purchased a box of 12 strips that I plan to be using 2 sets at a time - wear a set, wash them and put on another set while the first set is drying. Therefore, a box of 12 should last me a month. I think I also saw them at Walmart and I may purchase a box of the 3 inch ones just for using on my belly button.
That's what I have been wearing a Flexees top and spanx. I know the compression is essential but we have to be able to sleep as well! I think those two things do the trick overnight.
My Flexees are pull on high waist and mid thigh and so far feel the best. I bought some of the Hide & Seek Panties by Spanx yesterday that also have a high waist that I have seen recommended quite a bit but I have not tried them yet.
I am 3wk PO today and I wear my Fajas compression garment 23 hours a day. I have started using my bioCorneum scar cream as well. I feel great however I still swell in the evenings.
Had a massage yesterday and it actually hurt so good! She told me my garnet fit fine and ladies it is getting better, but passing on something interesting she said. She mentioned I should not sleep in the garmet because it could cause spider veins or other problems. She told me to wear my compression tank and spanx at night. I'm going to ask my PS but I did it last night and felt tucked in but not uncomfortable.
That's interesting I'm hoping I can switch on Thursday I see ps so hope he says I can
CC about that massage - did they massage your stomach and did you lie on your stomach at all? My post op instructions said I could have a massage weekly for 5 weeks after week 2 but I have been a little apprehensive to do that.
Yes she massaged my stomach but said she would wait on my flanks. I was on my back the entire time. My PS recommended it after week 2. Interesting the differences in what we're being told on a number if issues right?
Oh sorry I guess we were told the same thing - after week 2 for 5 weeks. Go ahead and try it. Not only did it feel good but she gave me some good insight into my healing. She's also one year PO so it was good to share war stories! Mine communicates with my PS as well so it feels nice that I will see her once a week well before I see him again.
Cool - looks like I will be scheduling my massages! Thanks so much.
I am 3wks PO today. I had a massage last week but I also had a small seroma. When my doctor took the fluid out he told me not to get any more lymphatic massages for now. But the massages felt good.
Ok....for those who had there surgery. ..earlier this month. ..maybe personal ....but is your vagina still swollen
I am 1 day po. I haven't noticed.
Not personal at all, and yes, I feel everything is swollen!
Mine was never swollen, at least that I noticed anyway.
Just below my incision mainly... incision is in the hairline due to removing old vertical scar
Thank you for not making me feel crazy. ..lol
Exactly that is where mine is swollen as well
Yes, the inside and out it seems.
Yes I was the 4th and ya it is still swollen and night time is worse
Mine was the fourth as well. ...I wonder how long it takes for the swelling to go down
My upper belly seems to be flattening out well I'm amazed but my lower still looks like I have a spare tire it's so full of fluid it giggles like a water bed when you touch it