April 2014 Breast Reductions Check In Here

• 6 months ago

Comments (1,635)

Sort by

3 months after my breast reduction now I have side boob ."I was wandering if the know anyone who has had this done.Im going to have a revision August 25th 2014 I dont go under the knife I just get numbed and have it done in the office!!!!!!
I don't know anyone who has had 'side boob' revision surgery. I'm relieved to hear that revision surgery can be done in the office under a local anesthetic rather than in hospital under a general anesthetic. Being put to sleep in a hospital can be quite overwhelming in itself. Good luck! I hope goes well. I expect that I will be having revision surgery as well. My breast are different sizes, nipples at different heights and both nipples are at least 3 cm lower that I'd like. Reading posts on this site have been valuable in dealing with my disappointment.... I see that many of us are having revision surgeries. Take care!
Hi SOOOSAD. I already mentioned that my case is pretty much similar to yours. I am 1 month post-op for now, my breasts are still too much different: size, shape, areolae diameters, nipples level and shapes (!), one areola is flatted and retracted, one vertical scar is shifted aside, the breasts sizes are not what I wanted... I will certainly request a revision. Please, keep posting, if any changes in your appearance. Let's support each other. I hope in couple months we will feel better.
Did any of you have lipo with your BR? If so, do you like the results? What's the healing process like?
I had BR and back lipo on April 22. The back lipo took a good 2.5 months to see the results. The first month the back is numb and I still had the roll. I don't remember if it was painful (as crazy as that sounds) but I don't think it was tender. I'm pleased. I'm 5'4" 150lbs just to give u idea how much back fat I had. I definitely lost the 2" roll that I had and I love it.
I did not have lipo suction done mine was medical necessity so Im sure my insurance wouldnt pay for that part would say it is cosmetic! I am having a revision done Aug 25th to extend my scars under breast out to back more when my skin softened up I got like a roll under the arm pit he will numb me up then do that on both sides!! I believe It will be paid for since any complications from the surgery would be covered under my plan!! Good Luck to your on your journey, That question more then likely the people who pay out of pocket can answer I got my bill from my breast reduction WAS OVER 11,000.00 Dollars billed to my insurance I have two insurances and was done at a State hosiptal with college student participating in the surgery!
Wow that sounds great I to have that back roll going on didnt have it right after sugery but as the skin softened I do and my surgeon says if it bothers you we can just take it off so I am hoping the revision will help NO LIPO he will extend my scars back farther trying to find some one who has gone thru this part of the process Im sure Im not alone
How far will he extend them ittybitty? Mine go back about 6".
I am not sure, just know it's in the sides for better contouring
Im not sure hopefully the rest of way to the side and back to get out the extra tissue skin and fat its more towards the back I was trying to find a few women who might have had this procedure done so far no luck!!
Yep thats what I will be having done for better contouring
from the center of the breast or bottom of breast he didnt say but I think i have pretty short scars so will extend to get my bat wings out I hope :P
HELLO APRIL etees Just wandering if any one has had issues with sides of breast and had a revision I am scheduled for one August 25th!! Would love to see some photos I know I cant be the only one.
Hope all went well. You will never regret it.
Hey ladies hallyluhopper is one of our new July Reductions and she is needing some love. Her surgery is July 28th and she is nervous. Drop her a post on her review and give her some encouragement.
My surgery is Tuesday, so ready! :)
Yay! You will be so happy when it's finally over and you can get home and start the healing. In the middle of this summer heat is the perfect time to just be at home sitting back and recovering. In case you haven't already done it, get your own before pics taken so when you start thinking you didn't get much of a change, you can look at them and see the results! Wishing you the best!
Good luck, being well prepared and having realistic expectations is really important
Thanks had question did u buy any body pillows to sleep with? Have not got extra not sure if I need
Thanks went grocery shopping today so got lots of easy meals for lunch and hubby will cook dinners for a bit!
you just need 5 regular pillows for a great sleep- 2 under your head and shoulders, one either side to rest your arms on and very importantly, one under your knees to prevent back pain.
Congratulations to you!!!! Do you have any idea how much they are going to take off each side I had over three pounds off between both breast I am scheduled for revision Aug 25th
My three month po pics are up.
Hello, I had breast reduction surgery 6 days ago. On two occasions I asked to discuss my desired breast shape and size but wasn`t given the opportunity. At the hospital, while the surgeon was doing the drawings on my breast prior to surgery I tried to state my wishes and was told `let me do my job, I`ve done 300 of these.` Today I am very disappointed with the results. My nipple sits very low on my breast (4 cm lower than desired), the areola is all but gone and the breast shape is very bad. Overall, I know that I will need to have further surgery in order to be satisfied with the results. My question is.... tomorrow I have my post-op appointment with the surgeon and I need to know how best to deal with the situation. This surgery was covered by msp as I had very large breasts.