April 2014 Breast Reductions Check In Here

• 6 months ago

Comments (1,621)

Sort by

Hope all went well. You will never regret it.
Hey ladies hallyluhopper is one of our new July Reductions and she is needing some love. Her surgery is July 28th and she is nervous. Drop her a post on her review and give her some encouragement.
My surgery is Tuesday, so ready! :)
Yay! You will be so happy when it's finally over and you can get home and start the healing. In the middle of this summer heat is the perfect time to just be at home sitting back and recovering. In case you haven't already done it, get your own before pics taken so when you start thinking you didn't get much of a change, you can look at them and see the results! Wishing you the best!
Good luck, being well prepared and having realistic expectations is really important
Thanks had question did u buy any body pillows to sleep with? Have not got extra not sure if I need
Thanks went grocery shopping today so got lots of easy meals for lunch and hubby will cook dinners for a bit!
you just need 5 regular pillows for a great sleep- 2 under your head and shoulders, one either side to rest your arms on and very importantly, one under your knees to prevent back pain.
My three month po pics are up.
Hello, I had breast reduction surgery 6 days ago. On two occasions I asked to discuss my desired breast shape and size but wasn`t given the opportunity. At the hospital, while the surgeon was doing the drawings on my breast prior to surgery I tried to state my wishes and was told `let me do my job, I`ve done 300 of these.` Today I am very disappointed with the results. My nipple sits very low on my breast (4 cm lower than desired), the areola is all but gone and the breast shape is very bad. Overall, I know that I will need to have further surgery in order to be satisfied with the results. My question is.... tomorrow I have my post-op appointment with the surgeon and I need to know how best to deal with the situation. This surgery was covered by msp as I had very large breasts.
Wow I m very sorry. Did you check out my po pic I think I was six days out. If my po pic is similar they may not be as bad you think. In the beginning they look very boxy. I will be post three month po pics today.
I am sorry to hear that too, what a terrible experience. Although I haven't had to deal with what you are right now, my opinion is that I think you need to now be very assertive with the surgeon. It is difficult I know, as they are the professionals and we have been taught to respect and 'bow' to what they tell us is good for us. But he hasn't listened to you before, and now you are in the position that you know you were right as to the outcome, so you need to trust your own opinion on what has happened. I am sure that however an operation is paid for, the surgeon always has a responsibility to follow up correctly and to revise anything that is not right. Perhaps you can get another doctor's opinion on here via 'ask a doctor' and if I were you I would do some in depth reading of some other reviews where ladies have needed revisions etc. There is usually someone else in a similar situation somewhere on here so have a good look. Be strong, and really go for what you want/need. (sorry to rant on a bit, but I do feel for you and really hope you get sorted out).
oh and yes, I agree with Miket - have a look at some others after 6 days on people's reviews, in case you are just not prepared for how they would look so soon after (mine were a bit funny shaped at the start!)
I would contact the patient advocate person asap. That is unacceptable. It's not like you were just getting a tooth pulled or something. This is major surgery that affects you physically and emotionally.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you are taking pictures----good, clear, and from every angle--to document what's going on. If you didn't take your own before pictures I would ask the doctor for them. No reason why they should give you copies. Just don't say you need for documentation of what might have been done wrong! Just say you need as reminder of why you needed the surgery in the first place. Good luck with your next PS visit.
I am in same disappointment with my breast size, shape, and nipples height as SOOOSAD13 has .. Prior of surgery, my surgeon told me that my right breast is bigger and she obviously cut too much from the right and less on the left. Now left breast looks twice bigger. When I look at them downward, I see that left breast projects forward about 1 cm more then right one. This is my 11th day PO, the scar on my right breast is not perpendicular but goes toward right side. My left perpendicular scar has opening about 1 inch long but surgeon didn't do anything just prescribed to take antibiotics. I take them 4 days but do not see any changes. AWFUL!!! If I would have such a neat appearance as you do, I sure would be happy. You are lucky, MIKETI11, and I am in depression. When I go to shower, I cry, I did a mistake and my surgeon tries to convince me that everything is fine and will change during following 4 (!!!!) months. She said that final sized will be seeing at the and of September! I see different results on others, so cannot believe that anything will be better with time. I am sure I will need corrections.
I am sorry this is happening to you ladies. I feel so bad because we all encourage each other thinking that we are doing the right thing and that the surgeons will do their job. I would document your recovery and document your results. After you heal maybe you can find a way for it to be fixed by someone else or something. Document. Try to be positive as possible as you don't want depression messing with your healing.
hi gg1002 - I am looking down at mine now, and my lefty (which like you was the smaller one before hand...) is projecting forward at least 1 cm more than the other - more than that I think. It doesn't sound a lot to be honest, but you say the left is twice as big, so that isn't good, it is a lot bigger. Maybe you ladies could think about posting pictures so that you can ask for honest opinions - I know its hard to do, just a thought :0) I know that ladies on here are very encouraging, but also if you ask for an honest opinion you will get one I am sure, and advice where possible. Good luck to you both x
Each day brings more and more disappointments. Today, I noticed that the nipple on left b. (which is bigger) is little higher then on right b. and "looks" straightly , and on right b. - downward. The opening doesn't heal, still about 1 inch long and has pus discharge. Both scars underneath of breasts have openings as well, but they are smaller. Tomorrow is 2 weeks since my surgery, right breast became even smaller and for now the difference is noticeable when I am dressed. I cannot go anywhere in such appearance. My surgeon will see me next week.
Hi miketi11. I took a look at your photos. Your 6 day pic looks very good in comparison to my 6 day outcome. Interesting folds underneath my breasts and yes... my nipple is lower than yours. My post op appointment on July 7th was filled with tears. I explained how upset I was that my desires about breast size/ shape were not listened to.... and the surgeon explained that she doesn't discuss measurements on surgery day because people are usually stressed/emotional on surgery day. However.... I reminded her that she NEVER took the time to discuss size/ shape, take pictures or discuss measurements with me. My nipples won't miraculously bounce up to the desired position. She explained that that is how she does the surgery. I can't believe that I went into the operating room without knowing! It certainly does have something to do with listening to the professional and being trustful of their opinion. However, not all surgeons have the same opinion... and I know now, after the fact that this surgeon did not share my opinion... and isn't mine the one that matters. Having my nipple 4 cm lower than desired is a lot for a breast.... and it matters a lot to me!! At this point I was told no corrective surgery for 6 months. The surgeon suggested that she could refer me to another doctor who may do it the way I'd like (at added expense??) I explained that I don't want to go there yet. I have an appointment to revisit the operating surgeon in 2 weeks. Unfortunately, the stress of dealing with the disappointment, doing research on revision surgery and possibly needing a new surgeon is taking a toll on my recovery. I hate the idea of going to a patient advocate as Ebauldm690 suggested, but it might come to that.
I am so sorry that you have had such a traumatic experience with your surgeon. I will be praying for you and your recovery. I hate to say it, but it does sound like you need to speak with someone, a patient advocate.
I'm sorry that this happened to you sooosad. Mine turned out to be a weird shape and I've been discouraged too. I would report her, documenting everything she said, and write down all of her future comments. It is not acceptable for her to not even be willing to listen to you. Cutting you off when you are trying to tell her what you want is WRONG of her. I'd warn others of her and contact the better business bureau too. They'll start taking what you say more seriously when your breasts have had time to settle into their final size and shape. Right now they'll probably just say you need to give it time to see what they'll look like. Good luck!
Most of us end up with one a little but bigger than the other. Your wounds will close very slowly and the scars will shrink. Surgeons always tell you your results are fine and everything will change in time. I think they know we will eventually wear ourselves out from obsessing for months and once we are healed up they actually do look much better, our emotions settle down and we have stressed too much to consider doing it again. I was left much larger than I wanted but my surgeon scared me with all the risks of a revision. I am getting happy with mine but I will have a scar revision done after one year. It's been an emotional roller-coaster for sure. Hang in there. It does get better.
i understand your anxiety but 11 days post op is far too soon to see anything like your final result, try to be patient