Post to Forum

Anxious & Excited Tummy Tuck on July 11,2012

• Lolame
  • Santa Fe, NM
  • 1 year ago

Aaaaahhhh Oh Emmm Geee!! I'm doing it, I will be having my tt on Wed July 11th.  I'm so excited, and so nervous.  I am 34 years old and have 3 kids, my youngest is almost 10, and I tied my tubes after he was born.  I hate my ugly tummy and about two years ago wanted this surgery, then got cold feet.  My sister had it a little over a year ago and looks amazing.  I have done lots of research and asked lots of questions.  I think my biggest fears are swelling and constipation.  For swelling looks like lots and lots and lots of water and compression garments, and for the C monster, I have decided to take MiraLAX durring my recovery just to be on the safe side. I also know emotions will run deep and I might feel depressed or stressed out with the slow recovery, between my sister, my amazing husband and my boys I think I will be ok.  I have done my pre-op and have all my meds, I feel like a woman getting ready to have a baby with her little bags packed by the door.  It's fun and exciting and nice treating myself to pj's and slippers, new pillows and blankets!! I'm 6 days away and getting a little nervous.  I find mostly at night before bed I get anxious and scared then in the mornings I'm excited and feel like I can do this. Oh and I'm doing it, I've paid in full and have vacation time at work.  It's like I'm in the roller coaster and they have pulled the lever.... I'm going up up up the steep drop off and just waiting for the drop... too late to turn back now!!!

Comments (7)

Oh gosh. Just saw this. Sorry. I'm hoping it went well for you. I have learned everyones pain tolerance is different. The ten day mark was a turning point for me but it was rough the first couple of weeks, overall. I am at three weeks PO now and still having some pain and soreness but overall not too bad. The bloating from the lipo is annoying but that seems to be what lasts the longest.
Hope everyone is recovering well. Ill be 4 weeks PO tomorrow. With the exception of having the drains in for 17 days, things are going smooth. I was out of bed the first day. Pain was very tolerable but I was taking the pain meds religiously every 5 hrs. By the end of week 2 I straightened up a bit and a bit more towards end of week three. I started by trying to lay flat in bed a LITTLE at a time. I feel that helped a lot. I ordered CG on line from Marena Group (leg less) and wear it 24/7 I love it. Its antimicrobial, and you don't need an army to put it on! LOL. I started driving at week 3 and have yet to try getting intimate with my boyfriend. I do take care of him don't get me wrong but I'm just not ready for ANY activity down there yet. No problems with my scar either. Good healing to all and keep posting!
I am having horrible anxiety, I am having a tummy tuck with muscle tightening and some lipo on my hips on Friday July 27th. I have had 4 c-sections with no problems, but I am told that this pain is totally different. Part of me wants to cancel my surgery. Any tippers???
I had read a lot before my tt and knew constipation abs swelling were two big issues so I took fiber gummies and colace, then mirilax the day after surgery and the next day also, i'm happy to say when I did finally go it was easy... Wheew. I'm still in some pain but not horrible more like an ache, I walk fast and a little straighter everyday but not completely straight yet. I like the compression garment my PS gave me, but when its washing I use one my sister used for her tt and don't like it a much. I did have muscle repair and lipo, i'm very bruised :( can you get up and down, like in and out of bed alone? I do, and I can go to the bathroom alone. My hubby helps me shower and make sure I have my compression garment on snug and he does my drain, cuz its gross. Lol don't feel discouraged, because my best friend had hers the day after me, and we've text pictures back and fourth and she looks better than me and she's in less pain...it just comes down to we are all different.
I feel like I am SO up and down. It is so hard for me to walk still, I am slumped over and verrry slow moving. I am having so many issues with compression garments too. I can't seem to find one that doesnt make my skin crawl cause it's too tight. Did you have lipo or muscle tightening as well? Having a bm 3 days post op was like delivering a child!! ;-)
Everyday is better, but such a slow process :( very bruised and sore and I have a side with a muffin top it looks like. How's your healing going??
How are you feeling? I has mine the day before yours, ( the 10th) and I'm still feeling pretty rough. :-(