30 Questions to Ask Prospective Surgeons at Your Mommy Makeover Consultations
- 11 months ago
A mommy makeover can be a total game changer in the way you view your body, the clothes you wear, and how you feel. It's also a big deal -- a long surgery with a much longer recovery. You want to make sure you're up on what to expect before surgery day.
Here's a list of questions to ask at your consultation(s). Please add others you can think of in the comments section:
1. Are you board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? What societies do you belong to?
2. Do you have plastic surgery privileges at a well-respected local hospital?
3. May I see before and after photos?
4. May I talk to your previous patients about the surgery?
5. Where will my procedure be performed?
6. Are the facilities you use nationally accredited?
7. Do you use board certified MD anaesthesiologists?
8. Are you easy to get a hold of after surgery if I have questions or concerns?
9. Will I see you during every visit?
10. Where do you get most of your patients from?
11. How many mommy makeovers do you do?
12. What can I expect during recovery-every detail from swelling and bruising, to when will I have a complete recovery?
13. Who sees me after surgery to change dressings etc.?
14. Have you had a malpractice judgments against you?
15. Am I a good candidate for a mommy makeover?
16. Are there less invasive or even non-surgical techniques that could fulfill (or perhaps partially, but adequately, fulfill) my needs?
17. What procedures are in place to deal with an emergency?
18. What supplies/compression garments will I need post-op? Which of these do you provide?
19. Am I at the optimal weight to get the best results from a mommy makeover, or would losing more weight improve my results?
20. What about scar placement? How low will you make the tummy tuck incision?
21. Do you use pain pumps? Why or why not?
22. Do you plan to do muscle repair on me?
23. What sort of implants do you recommend and why?
24. What size implants would be best for my body and where do you place the implant incisions?
25. Do you recommend a breast lift as well?
26. What will my belly button look like after surgery?
27. Can you get rid of my stretch marks/piercings/tattoos?
28. Are there any supplements you recommend before or after surgery to help me heal?
29. What about anti-nausea meds and antibiotics?
30. How long until I can get back to my normal routine?