May 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 9 months ago

Comments (2,068)

Sort by

Has anyone else had a bump/swelling ABOVE belly button? I have another Dr. appt in 2 weeks, and am very happy with my results, but as the day progresses, I am swollen or something above my belly button. Not sure if my abdominal muscles are swelling? I hope it goes away as it definitely doesn't look right, especially at the end of the day. When I sit down, there is a bulge above my belly button. Any help would be great!!
I swell pretty bad by the end of the day above and below my bellybutton... But not a bump, just swelling. Hope it's nothing major.
I still have swelling around my belly button and up. No bump just swelling.
I'm 9 weeks PO, and was just released last week to do whatever I wanted. I still can't do a full sit up without helping myself up just a little, and planking... Forget about that. When oh when is this stuff possible??? Did I mention it hurts like hell when I try any abdominal exercises :-( I've been riding my bike 3 miles every evening... Which is nothing for me, I like to do at least 10-15 a day. Sigh... Feeling almost back to normal, just so weak. Where is everyone else with their fitness routine?
I had my surgery on May 1st and I am just now feeling almost 100% back to normal. I just started going back to my abs class at the gym a couple of weeks ago and can do just about everything but I have to do it very slowly and at my own pace-especially if it is doing anything with a weight/medicine ball. I feel pretty good in Spinning Class. I still take it easy in Kettlebell class.
Eight weeks complete PO!!! Just did my update and added photos. Comments and feedback welcome!
It's been 2 months now. I just posted most recent photos. Still dealing with soreness, some swelling, and numbness. Am happy with results though. Definitely have increasing energy each week and am able yo do some working out (walks and elliptical). No running yet. Hope everyone else is seeing good progress in their recovery. Feel free to check the photos on my profile.
Good morning Ladies!! I have a question and hope someone else can help. Had my TT May 15th, healing nicely, but my scar has a purplish color to it. Is this normal? I feel Awesome and have the normal tingles and numbness still to BB and incision. Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer. Happy Healing!! 8~)
Mine has been purplish too and I believe it's normal. When I bruise or my skin heals from a cut, it always turns purplish so if yours does too then it's part of the healing process and you should have nothing to worry about. Good luck!
Thank you! That is what I was thinking!!
I had my surgery on May 8 and my scar is purplish as well. Other incision sites I've had have peaked in color about three months and then gradually lightened. I'm still numb around my belly button but the area of numbness is definitely smaller than it was a few weeks ago. I also am still having puffiness over my incision...worse on days I work out and toward the end of the day.
Thanks for the reply! Makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one!!
Hi ladies! I have been MIA for weeks but find my way back :-) I also did an update and added photos. Please stop my page and show me some love lol
I'm 7 weeks PO and still pretty numb along my belly. Anyone else still numb? Also in the center of my scar its sort of firm and bumpy, which I read could be scar tissue.
I was just going to post about being numb and still in pain and scar is painful. I am 9 weeks PO. My breasts are still sore too and one still has a lump in it. I'm not sure if this is something to call my Dr. about or wait until my 6 month PO which is scheduled for Oct. I think this healing process is taking longer than I could have imagined.
I too have this same issue......My PS said it would take time can take up to 6 mos for the numbness to go away. I would call about the breast though. I agree it was not something I thought about before surgery but I would still so do it again. Hope you get some answers.
Yes lizzy I feel a layer of nothing(numbness) in between my abdomen and skin...if that makes any sense lol!!! Some tightness even and at the end of the day some swelling. I think it's the same bumpy road u feel. I'm 10 weeks out.
Thanks everyone! I actually made an appointment for tomorrow just to check in and have my incision looked at. This morning I noticed a small white area (like a pimple) that was oozing right in the center if the incision. It popped and was bleeding a bit. Now there's a small hole. Covered it with a bandaid and neosporin. I'm going to post a pic. Tell me what you guys think.
It may be a stitch under there. I just went to my Dr for the same thing around my BB incision. Mine started the same way. It was a stitch that was trying to make its way through the incision.
Did my six weeks update!!! Included tons of photos and would love feedback on my concerns!!!
Just looked at your update. I love all your photos, you look great! :-)
You look great! I think you still have a little swelling. Your belly looks really flat though. I'm sure over the next few months it will continue to get better.
Thanks so much! Hope to get my waist as tiny as yours! And your scar looks amazing!
Hey ladies! So I've been bad... I haven't been wearing a CG for weeks now. Well my binder from surgery I wear as much as possible but the Velcro is starting to give. I've tried different cgs and just can't find one I'm happy with
I love my Marena CG. Very soft, not as hot as you'd imagine... I almost don't know I'm wearing it. I got the one that is like a one piece swim suit without the bra. Only complaint is it pokes my arm pits a little, but all in all it's not bad! If you order one they do run true to size so order according to your measurements!