May 2014 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 11 months ago

Comments (2,104)

Sort by

Hi ladies! I'm about 13 weeks PO. Back to normal activity including yoga which has been interesting when stretching. I've not been wearing the CG for 3 weeks. I read all the comments above & feel the same about the swelling. Mine is puffy above the incision & also high under my breasts & in the mons. I'm hoping it's cause of excersise! I go to my ps next week & I'll definately ask. My weight is only about 2-3 lbs less than before surgery. I was hoping for 5 lbs. I need to drink more water for sure. I still can't say I'm 100% happy with my results but I hope I will be in 3 months!
Hi Ladies, as some of you know I have opted to NOT do scar therapy. At 3 months I am wondering if I should start now??? Any thoughts?
Hello, I chose no scar treatments too. So far the scar is still red. I wonder if it would be more faded if I was doing some sort of treatment. I am interested in what others will say.
The parts of my scar that I've treated look better than the part that is untreated. In November he is doing a revision on the very middle of my incision where I had the small vertical incision and necrosis, so I haven't treated that part. I developed a rash because of the scar therapy so I quit using it...but still rubbing lotion on it and like I said it looks better than the rest. I was told though that at 3 & 4 months the scar is as red as it will be.
really so it gets more red at this point and will then fade further? What do you use on your scar just regular lotion or anything special?
I heard the same thing....It could be at its reddest around 3 months, then will start fading. I have done some scar therapy, but havent been very consistant :(
I use Eucerin lotion... Scented lotions from stores like Bath & Body Works doesn't absorb very well so use something good. It keeps it moist and by rubbing it you manipulate the scar so it helps the scar tissue break down. My surgeon said that between 1-2 years is when or will fade, and don't expose it to any sun or tanning bed... It will darken it permanently.
Hey Ladies! Just did my three month update! Looking forward to your feedback!!!
Hello Ladies I'm a lil over 12 weeks po check out my photos
Should I still be in pain at 12 weeks PO? Left side hip area had swelling, a piece of stitch came out and it's been draining pus. Today it's very painful in the whole left side. Swelling looks better, but the pain is awful. I plan to call Dr. in the morning. I was just curious if anyone is still having pain. It seems from what I read on others profiles that they are back to normal life and exercise and all is well. My scars are bright red, and this pain and infection is a real nuisance!
I'd say a good idea to check with your doctor. I think an open wound at this time would not be good. Keep us posted!
That's what I was thinking too, Lola550. I shouldn't be having open wound by this point. Thank you for commenting!
Saw my Dr. today. He said "yep, that's pus." It was due to a 'foreign body' which was more stitch. (called 'spitting') Last week I got a piece out that was about 1/4 inch. Today he took a piece out that was longer than that. And it hurt! He had to open up the area and find the piece and take it out. I also asked about the abdominal pain and he said it's the nerves trying to find their way to reattach themselves again. He said to massage the area and it should help. So I will try to be patient.
Howdy y'all. I am 11 wks PO and I am feeling great! I wore my first bikini since 6th grade last weekend to float to river. It was super nice. I am happy over all with my results. My stomach is super flat, and the lipo of the flanks looks amazing. I am a little concerned about the scar. My surgeon did a pie crust closure, and some of the edges are raised. I can't wait for them to flatten out entirely. I am using the silicon strips. I have noticed some change. I didn't wear them at all over the weekend since I was traveling and in the river. Any other suggestions for caring for my scar?
Sounds like you're doing great!! We went to Schlitterbahn last week, and going back next week! I was sporting my bikini too... Feels amazing to not worry about the gut! I think you're doing about all you can do for your scar. My surgeon did say massage it daily. He said it helps prevent big lumps of scar tissue from forming. If a year from now it's still raised they can do a revisions just on the scar (usually in office) to make it flatter. Enjoy your new body!!
hello ladies, today I am 12 weeks PO although im happy with not having the sagging skin I am not truly happy with my overall results. I was working out strictly arobics but had to cut down due to having RSI on my right hand, therfore I have been limited to getting it in at the gym.. I feel fatter, weigh more than ever (145) I eat fairly healthy, drink on occasions, and wear my CG ALWAYS!!! I know and understand that swelling can last for months but I still find myself sucking in my tummy to achieve that super flat tummy that I thought MR was going to accomplish. I am not too happy with my scar either, it has raised and looks wider to me. at first it was thin in most areas but with time it has change tremendously. I take super duper extra care of it. I use bio-oil to moisturize, I allow that to settle for at least 15 to 30 mins. I then wipe clean and use my Newgel+ silicone strips and compress with garment. In the evening I repeat however I use BiCorneum and allow to dry and then use scarguard strips to sleep. My scar is always covered as per my PS orders. I understand a TT scar takes 6 months to mature and heal correctly from the inside out however I've been feeling frustrated with the whole healing process. I will post pics up today and address all my concerns to my PS tomorrow at my 12 wk PO appointment.
Boy, I know exactly what you're talking about! after all that expense and still having to suck it in to get the look I was going for? I am 12 weeks also. I know healing takes time, but I feel like the doc forgot to cinch up my ab muscle. I hope you get some good info to share today. My next PO appointment is in Oct.
I just returned from my PO appointment and my PS tells me that this is def not my final result. He poked and touch my whole abdominal area and said the my lower abdominal muscles are still very stiff and this is the reason for my "minor bulge". He said he will redo for free. I got it in ink!! He guaranteed I would be super happy with my results at 6 months. I return Nov 6 2014 therefore let the count down begin.. As for my scar he said at 3 months it's at it's ugliest and also promised it will fade and flatten as long as I continue to care for it as I have. I left feeling better being that he he guaranteed I would be 100% satisfied. He snapped a few pics and then showed me on the big screen tv my before and after. I tell him it's a huge difference but it's early morning and my tummy always looks great in the AM can I come back a 7pm. He laughed and called me a spit fire ;-) I'm feeling confidant now that I got his word and written contract for a revision if needed.. Let's hope not because although it's not a painful procedure it's a time consuming, emotional and financially exhausting. Although it's free of charge the money one spends on special vitamins, waters, foods etc.. All that extra care.. Fingers crossed and contined care I should be a new woman. No bikinis this summer for me but I will enjoy PR in a couple of weeks have a great weekend ladies and happy healing
I had my surgery 5/8 and just spent the past week freaking out because of pms swelling. I woke up today and my pants literally have two Inches extra space than yesterday. It's so frustrating to have all these fluctuations! I feel your pain but I have faith it's going to get better.
abb91, thank you and I can honestly say I feel better after seeing my PS today.
For the past week I've been swimming laps...feels amazing, a little tightness in my belly, but still feels good. However I am swelling so bad. I even swell above my bellybutton which is somewhat new. Nurse said... Patience grasshopper ;-)... So much easier said than done. Before I started working out again my swelling was doing so well. Anyone else swelling bad due to exercise?
I HOPE it's from exercising! I am having swelling/puffiness that is leaving me feeling like I am gaining weight and will have gone through the surgery and expense for nothing.
Yes... I quit getting on the scale when I notice I'm swollen...it's depressing.
I'm swollen and I haven't been doing any exercises.
My sTomach is getting fat again! !!