Post to Forum

May 2014 facelifts please check in here!

• 4 months ago

Please let us know why you're getting this done and what your surgery date is so we can support each other!

Comments (29)

Sort by

Hi everyone. I am so glad to come across this message board. I have learned so much in caring for my procedures from reading online. More about the comforting things, I guess. I had my surgery on May21st and had a neck lift and lower and mid face lift. The numbness in my cheek bone area and ears is just starting to resolve where it will burn a little at times just for a second. It actually feels like when your foot falls asleep and starts to come back, that tingling sensation. But numbness is still there. I have not massaged anything. My doctor told me to start massaging the incision under my chin last week but it hurts so much to do that! Also, my face has been so dry. I am going to try the vaseline. I have not done that yet. I try to put my clinique lotion on in the morning and it hurts to massage my face just putting the lotion on. So vaseline it is! Going to try it tonight before I go to bed I'm on this site because I have become such a couch potato. I play tennis on a league, run and golf and can't do anything! Getting a little stir crazy. I had to go to work a week out from surgery and thought I was going to die at the end of the day. I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse and couldn't wait to get home to take a percocet and ice my face and neck! Is anyone taking the cellebrex? Do you think it helps? Even with all the pain and numbness, I am so happy I had it done. It looks great, even though my neck is like a linebacker still cause of the swelling. I am so apprehensive to touch my ears because they hurt so much. Sometimes the stitches itch a little in my hairline behind my head. I have been washing my ears gently in the shower with dial antibacterial soap. Does anyone use anything different? Its just so hard to wash because of the stitches. I think the thought of the stitches makes me more apprehensive cause they feel so weird and you can't see them to see if they are ok. I have taken "selfies" everyday to see my progress and it is drastic from day 1. Is anyone else in the same place?
Is anyone scheduled for a facelift in Costa Rica with Dr. Lev?
Today is day 6 post op and my skin looks beautiful! I'm still very swollen from cheeks to ears and the outer skin of my eyes is puffy....not bad, but when I smile I have an oriental look about me. Wearing the compression binder has been a living hell! I am definitely sensitive to the material. ( polyester and spandex) My neck itches and burns as soon as I put it on. Having the Vaseline trapped between my skin and the material made for a soggy mess rather than it being soothing. Today I stopped the Vaseline and started using eucerin lotion since the flaking has ended. I'm giving my skin a rest from the binder today. ( sorry Dr Reedy. I know I'm not following orders) I will wear it again tonight for bed and see how it goes now that I'm not covered in Vaseline. Tomorrow is my 1 week checkup. Hopefully the sutures will come out because they are beginning to itch. ( a sign of healing which is good). My face still has that sunburn look to it and my forehead has a few darker red track lines, but I wear bangs so it's no big deal. I can't wait to see the end result.
Hi Zoey. I was looking for your review. Are you posting your experience here at the forum only? Can you tell me all you done and how you felt at post op days 2-4? Do you plan to share pics? Thanks
Hello ladies, anyone knows how much it costs to have a face lift with dr calabria? I am not working and do not have much money but at the same time do not want to cut corners when it comes to surgery. Please share
I had a full face/neck lift 5 days ago,and to my huge surprise, the recovery has been much easier than expected. No pain except very slight tenderness around the ears. Negligible facial swelling. Some tightness in the neck and bruised neck. My chin sutures came out today. Sutures around ears will dissolve. My surgeon is very pleased with the fast healing and results look natural. I am posting this to reassure those of you waiting for surgery that not all recoveries are terrible. I never dreamed that 10 days post-op I would be able to go out among people. I was told to take it easy until then. Otherwise I feel well enough to go out now (with a scarf around the neck).
Glad to hear your recovery is going well so far!
So happy that your recovery was positive. Tomorrow morning it's my turn. I'm ready! I hope I recognize the face in the mirror come Wednesday! :)
Zoeyclare. I hope your surgery went well and that you will post a review when you are up to it! Hope your recovery is as quick as your last surgery.
My surgery went well. I'm 2 days post op and everything is going as planned. It took much longer for the anesthesia to wear off this time. I hate the way it makes me feel. My ears are sore where the incisions are but have only taken extra strength Tylenol and keeps it in check. I never got that sunburn feeling on my face. It seems everyone else has felt it. I am very swollen and expecting it to be worse tomorrow (day3). The Vaseline is disgusting and messy. Plastering my face with that is definitely the worst part of the entire process. Its tough to open my mouth due to dressing and the swelling. I have no appetite yet. Overall this surgery was much easier than my breast lift and tummy tuck since it was less invasive. However the aftercare is gross and so messy and the bandages squeeze my head. I remove them tomorrow and switch over to that ace head wrap. Then I can shower too. I'm glad its over. Worth every penny but i have a feeling recovery is going to be much longer this time
Looking forward to hearing your review.... Take Care
Glad to hear your surgery went well. I'm looking forward to seeing and reading about your progress. Happy healing. I'm right behind on May 28th
I'm so glad to hear how well you are feeling. What day was the hardest for you? I really thought I could go back to work 5 days post op but now I'm thinking no way. My surgery is scheduled for May 28.
4 days post op today. Face feels like sandpaper. Keeping skin moist with Vaseline. Omg! What a darn mess that stuff is! Dressing came off 1 day post op and now I'm in the elastic binder. This thing is worse than the abdominal binder. I need to keep pulling it up and down to apply Vaseline since it covers half my face. I took it off this morning and washed it. I know I'm supposed to wear it 24/7 right now, but it was simply a soggy mess from all the Vaseline. I suggest having a second one on hand to alternate. My face is still very swollen. My hubby teases me and says I look like a weird boy. Hey, my son thought I looked like a monster so a weird boy is a step up as far as I'm concerned. I definitely do not resemble myself at all yet. Hopefully the swelling will improve a little faster in the next few days. 5-7 days seems to be what I'm reading. I would say my hardest day was the day of surgery...only because the anesthesia stayed with me longer this time. I hate not feeling in control. Overall though, this surgery wasn't bad at all.....just very messy with the post op care. I no longer work outside the home, but if I had a sit down job I feel I could easily go back to work after a week. Sooner if I wasn't in public view. I don't feel like I require the rest I needed with tummy tuck and breast lift. I've had only slight pain...discomfort really at the sutures around my ears. I took Tylenol a couple times and that's it. Now It's just a waiting game.
Me Too May 28th....
Hang in there, it's really tough those first couple of weeks for many different reasons. I am close to three weeks Post Op, I had a SMAS facelift, and fat transfer injections. It was just two days ago that I felt my life was starting to come back. Some say it's a 1-2 week recovery. I think it's more conservative to say it's 2-4 weeks, at least in my case. I am finally going out with make up to conceal what's left of discoloration. Take this time for yourself to relax, your body really needs you to so it can heal!
Well done hope that's my story next week lol
Grateful, I'm so glad things are going well for you. Did you have fat grafting as well as face lift?
My face is not dry at all? I'm using cleansing wipes to clean. I can't wait to shower but I have to wait until Sunday and my dried up bloody hair is driving me crazy!!! I'm told swelling peaks at 3-4 days. Did you fine that to be true?
I'm doing Okay, restless, Swelling going down...Me too can't wait to shower, using wipes, as well, baby spoon to eat... Yes, My MD swelling peaks 3/4 days... too.... Ugh....
Hi New, can't wait to wash my hair too! Sticky dried bloody hair is quite "yucky" as little kids would say. But I do so enjoy my sponge baths! So refreshing!
I'm having face and neck lift with fraxel May 20 and after reading the reviews on here I'm very concerned I'm making a big mistake. My surgeon is awesome, but these stories are painful to read! Please somebody tell me they had awesome results!
Hi Zoeyclare, I've seen many good results, though I have heard the recovery is longer than most people think. Have you seen lots of before and after photos of work your surgeon has done?
Yes, I've seen many before and after pics both from my surgeon and on this site.....and overall results for the most part on here look amazing. It just seems it is a very long journey to get there. I healed so quickly from breast lift and tummy tuck surgery a few weeks ago that my Dr said I no longer had to wait 4 months to do my face. I guess I was thinking the face would be a walk in the park compared to the breast/ tummy stuff and it seems I may be inside a lot this summer. Can't scare the neighbors.
I just posted this video diary from a woman who had a facelift in 2013. I thought it was super informative. http://www.realself.com/forum/check-fabulous-facelift-video-diary