May 2013 Mini Tummy Tuckers Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Comments (31)

Sort by

just came across this, i had a mini tt 16 days ago and wondered how all your healing has gone and if your all satisfied with the results? early days for me but after reading on here it seems the mini isnt the best choice as the top tummy protrudes? im hoping not! xx
How does everyone's scar look? I'm concerned mine is going to turn into a keloid. I had a keloid with my first c-section. Awesome barely visible scar with my second c-section (because he used nylon instead of vicryl sutures). I'm 15 days PO, had the steristrips removed Tuesday, and my scar is thick, hard and raised. Is that normal at this stage post op? What is your scar like? I'd post pictures but you can't do that on comments. Thanks.
Mine isnt as pretty as I was thinking after having a beautiful csection scar this one is hard to deal with but each visit with my PS he says it looks how it should and I have noticed it is getting better. ...
Mine is much longer than I hoped for but it is really low. My PS cut my C section scar away with the skin he removed. I like how it is soooo low. For now all I want is for it to heal well.
I saw my PS yesterday, he said everything looks great. Everything sure doesnt feel great! It's been 2 weeks today and I'm still taking the pain meds, is anyone else taking them that long? Maybe I'm a wimp! My PS took off the steristrips yesterday also. I'm a little upset with the size of the scar. I asked for him to only use the existing csection scar length, (which he said he could) but it's definitely longer. (I'll upload a picture of it later.) Overall, I am happy with the results so far. My tummy is nice and flat (when it's not too swollen). I do have a bump at the top of my abs, just under the sternum (I'll upload a picture of that later too), it looks a little strange but the doc said give it 3-6 months and it'll probably go down by its self. Let's hope so!
I just saw my PS today and asked him for another script for painmeds. I have to be back at work on Monday and Tuesday for 12 hours! Right now I cannot see how that would be possible. Guess it will be worth it in the end. I am still super swollen, the doc did not remove the drain, so here I go... I can however see a glimpse...I believe I will love my results when it reveals itself...I wish I did this three months ago.
I am post op 5 weeks.i took the meds for exactly 2 to 3 weeks.i used to take half of the prescribed painkiller because when i tried tylenol n advil both didnt help me.but at abt 4 weeks i dint need any.my husband is a doctor so he said advil works good with tt.as it is anti inflamotory.
Yes, I tried Motrin because it used to work well with previous surgeries...it does not touch the soreness...I only have agony when I move, very tender to touch still....so....here I go....I will be fine, I have to be because come 4th of July, I am going to enjoy my results!!!! Thats my prayer ;)
Soreness is very common ..i was terrified intially because mini tt is my first plastic surgery n hell yeah the recovery was a roller coaster.still healing still get that swelling but i love my results;) good luck!! Happy healing girl.
Thank you, you too. This will be my first and last...I hate relying on others for anything and right now I am crippled.
Any good suggestions for a good compression garment? The one I have keeps riding up so I need a better one.
Marena has three strap short torso one.its good thats wat my ps gave me to wear on Top of a compression garment.
The pain is ay more than what I expected. I move well though but have a hard time getting up and going back down. I had a shower and wear my CG. Taking my painmeds every 4 hours today. I am still really swollen but I am really excitedly looking forward to seeing the results. How are you?
Dont worry everyday it will get better.getting up and sitting back is difficult but will be fine in another two to three days.first week is very difficult but trust me ull be fine soon.just take it slow and easy n relax as much as possible. Post op 4 weeks i still have a bit of swelling..i guess it will be there for about atleast 3 months.happy healing!!!
Thank you...I am way more swollen today and also bloated...need a BM really bad...it's been 5 days. Going to take some herbal laxative tonight. Needed only one dose of painmeds today...moving really much better today. I am soooo swollen...just need a glimpse of my results ;) How much swellin at 4 weeks? Hopefully so little that you already look better than before? Give me hope please!
Hey..oh definetly much much much better!! You will be surprised to see your tummy.give it atleast 2 weeks time.swelling will go down in time wear ur compression garment everytime,drink loads of water,sleep with ur feet up,walk around as much as possible..but take it easy.trust me you'll be fine.:o)
Thank you so much. I am so happy I found this site...you gals are amazing!
How are you feeling now?
I had a MTT yesterday with hernia and muscle repair, also nipple reduction. Ouch! I am in so much pain. I'm not sure I would have gone through with it had I know how intense the pain would be. I was going to get a BA too but my husband didn't want me to so I've taken a rain check on that one. I'm glad I didn't have the BA too, there's no way I could have taken any more pain.

Hello ladies and welcome to the forum!!  

Omg. I had no idea there were fourms as well. Awesome. I had my MTT with lipo and muscle repair on May 1st. I am 15 days post op and feeling pretty well.

Oh yes we are here for you no matter where you go on the site:)

When did you turn the corner? I'm day 3 post MTT, and muscle repair. I feel fine as long as I'm laying down or sleeping but I have 2 little kids and it's so hard not being able to help them.
Sorry you still having a tough time. I have 3 kids so I understand. I would say that first 3 days were the hardest but by the 4th I really started feeling better. I made sure to keep up with the pain meds (I even woke up in the middle of the night to take a dose - since mornings were the hardest for me pain wise) and not over do it .. but by the 6th I was pretty much back into my normal "family" routine. Getting the two younger ones up and ready for the day and then the older one out the door for school. I rested as often as I could and tried not to over do it and the pain was still there here and there but mostly not as bad as the first few days.
Thanks! So funny, today is day 4 and I actually felt considerably better. The pain med's are key. If I go longer than 4 hours without one I start to get more pain, tired and very crabby. They sure make me feel funny though. I'm all happy, giddy, chatty. I guess that's why they're so addictive. I can't wait until I don't have to take them anymore. Thanks again for your response.