May 2013 Breast Reductions Check In Here

• 1 year ago

Comments (1,319)

Sort by

Steri-Strips! Anyone else having a hard time trimming steri-strips? These suckers are super glued to my skin! The instructions say that I'm to trim as they peel, but it's not peeling much. I've cut away the mucky bits as instructed. PS said they last about a month, I'm 18 days post op and haven't been able to trim much, mostly just the under boob/anchor part. Nothing around the nipple.
Hi Kimmers My Anniversary is May 30th - planning on taking pictures and post the rest of my experience. Also planning on taking a trip to the fancy lingerie store and treating myself to a beautiful new bra. :)
Sweet!!!   
Just go ahead and leave them for now.  They will curl up and fall off after a few showers.  If your skin starts to get irritated from them talk to your doctor.  They may just pull them off after a couple of weeks.  
Thanks Kimmers! No irritation, so I'll just patiently wait!
Happy One Year Anniversary Ladies. I would love for all of you to update your reviews with new pictures and details. I want to know how you are doing one year after surgery.

I hope to hear from all of you:)
Post breast surgery update: *4 months & 9 days after surgery* 11/06/2013 I did my bandage/dressing change. This is my first night out of the ace bandages in a month, free of multiple layers of gauze, tape & medicated patches/dressings. I am now only using a thin layer of Xeroform, a small piece of a single layer of gauze over it, a thin strip of tape along each side, & FINALLY I am able to wear a bra. I am beginning to feel like a person & not a failed medical experiment. I feel a bit free!!! **I am sad to report that due to the infection and complications in my left breast & all I went through, my left breast is smaller, & shaped differently than my right breast. There is disfigurement/deformation in the nipple & area around the nipple. I do not know to what extent the breast itself will show, for the bottom wound (now much smaller in size) is still not fully healed or closed.** This is quite noticeable to me as I look at my reflection in the mirror & the way my shirt fits. I am my own worse critic. **The positive: I survived this. I lived through it & I earned the right to wear my scars proudly, for when I think of all I went through, and I almost failed, I can proudly say I SURVIVED & I did NOT let it kill me!!!** {{Feeling like a VALKYRIE}}
Hi ladies, question here: how long does the nipple and other stitch areas stay red, seems like this may be a long time before it goes away. I go in for last check up in 2 weeks, be 3m mark; I'll ask then too. Thanks!
hi ACLE64! i have a few friends who had it done 8 and 17 years ago, and they have all assured me that the scars do fade (i'm not too worried about it, but it seems like they were because they all made sure to empahsise that the scars fade!). let us know what your doctor says! i just hit 8 wks last thursday. can't believe it. wish the oozing would stop for good, and i hate that the chest "pull" is still limiting my range of motion as well as my workouts, but i still wouldn't give up the surgery for anything. hope all you ladies are enjoying summer!
What are you doing workout wise? I am 2 months OTR today and would like to start back doing light weights but not sure if it is too soon.
I am 10 weeks out today and I started working out on the heavy bag and more intense walk/jogging on the treadmill yesterday with absolutely no problems. Felt soooo good. If you are unsure ask your PS. I know it made me feel better after talking it over with mine.
workout-wise i am mostly walking (treadmill, track, easy trails) and stationary biking. i tried the elliptical (legs only, no arms) at the gym a couple weeks ago and felt FANTASTIC - hardest workout i'd had up till then - until two days later when the effects of overdoing it set in: soreness and swelling, with my chest pull acting up and bloody oozing. :( since then i've been careful not to overdo! but my dr did clear me to do whatever i feel up for, so i've done a couple very light weights days. still can't lift much without aggravating the chest pull and sometimes the stitches. but i did get my hair all chopped off this weekend - i didn't feel comfortable having it short with my huge breasts, but now that i'm so much smaller i actually can fit into a pixie cut again! :DD best of luck with working out! i won't be back to yoga for a while, and my dr said i shouldn't run or do anything else bouncy (i can but shouldn't, for the best possible final appearance), so no running or skating for me for a while, either. i want to get on a light weights regime next week when i'm not sore from PMS, heh.
That is so true about the hair. I felt like I had to balance out the boobs with a lot of hair! My PS told me I could do whatever I wanted at 2 weeks out but I suspect flys would be pushing my luck and widening up the scars
Thanks Shanniemc, scars or not heck it was so worth it, results are so much more, now the short hair thing, ok, getting mine done tomorrow and yes, I would never go short because of my boobs, but I have some awful split ends and I have been so hesitant to cut it due to big boob deal. hair will not get long b/c I cannot trim them off..now menopause is hitting and my hair is thin, falling out, but have bioidenticals on the way.so I will have it cut/big trim tomorrow and I'm so excited. excer. yes your ps will guide you. I'm up to riding 3xweek now and NO back pain at all, just wonderful. (except hotflashes)..sighhh..
Hi everyone, hope the Summer is going great for the "newly reduced" ladies here. I'm feeling good about the girls but now I'm having hot flashes..geesh..but it is bearable now that I have "less" to deal with, lol. I just had to comment, VENT, on how much I really feel like standing up straight and how much more confidence I have in myself. Physically and mentally I am learning about the real me that has been hiding behind these heavy breasts. It just amazes me, that's all, had to vent : ) Also I am now putting lotion on the girls, they told me to wait a few months due to healing correctly w/o the lotions on but I am concerned the scars will not lessen..but then again to me..it is so worth it to have these scars. They are symbols of a new wonderful path I have chosen : ) In 3 weeks I go back in for my last checkup and then to see about a little tuck for a fold under my left breast. Time has flown by..wish everyone here a great week.
7 weeks today! I am feeling really good and the swelling is great for the most part. I actually have huge blocks of time that I forget about them! I still have those days every once in awhile. I had a pretty substantial opening on my right side that is finally healing nicely. My problem is still the itching. I am still taping, I have a feeling that will end at the end of the month when I see my PS. I am thinking I may be allergic to the tape because I do have pretty sensitive skin. My husband is amazed at the scars. I showed him last night when I was changing my tape and he couldn't believe how good they are healing. He was really freaked out when he saw the split in my vertical incision a month ago. He said it looked like a hole. I explained to him that I was healing from the inside out but that didn't seem to get the look of horror off his face. It's obvious now. This process has been a long road but I am so glad I did it! Happy healing to all of you!
glad to hear it!! i had my 6-wk follow-up this morning and am cleared to exercise and everything (though he said the longer i wait to resume running and figure skating and anything else "bouncy," the better my final shape/results will be; he recommends waiting a few months before going back to them - he also said no submerging in a pool until everything is completely closed up). he finally removed all my tape and took out a bunch of stitches - if i'd known that was coming, i'd have taken a painkiller before my appt! but all in all i am soooo happy. next follow-up is in 6 months! i feel like i'm almost on the other side, no looking back! best to all of you!
Hello ladies! I am almost 6 weeks post op and still have 2 spots that ooze a bit ...on the inverted T area ...I'm going to my PS this thursday so i hope he has a solution...i really want to be able to get in a pool or the ocean ...sigh.... BUT they look awesome and the incisions are barely noticable!!!
i will hit 6 wks on thursday and i have a routine follow-up with my surgeon tomorrow morning. i'm still oozing a bit on both sides and hope he can help me out there (or at least reassure me that it'll stop soon!). other than that, though, i feel pretty good - the stitches mostly bother me when i get too hot or after a long day. swelling is coming down nicely so far. hope you all are well and happy!
Hi everyone,I hope the summer is going great for you ladies and the girls are healing and up high! I'm almost 7w and I cannot find a nice "no wire" bra that is supportive; I wear a Bali that is great, label is Comfort ?, it's nice, but I still feel "loose". Does anyone know a good no wire that is supportive. I have a sports bra from target, it's ok but I want to start running and I ride again on Thursday and want to get some real support. Thinking bra and sports bra for that day, double duty day : ) Overall it's good here, went to beach, bought 2 string bikinis which felt good except neck part, bugged me a bit but heck, I am a few lbs lighter so I shouldn't complain, before I felt strangled by the neck strings, now the tummy needs to tone up...now that I can see it better, lol. ok, have a good night everyone.
unfortunally i am not able to help you but you could look into sports stores and read reviews online they do help!! Summer is great!! Good luck!
Someone on this site recommended Bali comfort revolution. I bought two and am very happy with them. I found them at Macy's.
I have been wearing the Bali comforts as well. I have them in a few different sized because I never know what size I am going to wake up to sometimes. I am finding that with summer heat they can be a little hot. I have been told at the PS office that Victoria Secret has a nice no wire bra. Haven't ventured in there yet to check. I did buy a Bali no wire bra but found that the band on the side irritated my side where I had Lipo. My left side is fine but I am still a little lumpy and swollen on the right. Good luck on the hunt.
i found champion brand cotton-blend sports bras fit really well and do a great job of supporting the girls even when i'm exercising (i.e., walking, since my dr doesn't want me doing much else to work out yet - but my 6-wk follow-up is tomorrow so maybe i'll be able to do a little more!). i also bought a couple non-cotton champion sports bras and they fit great too (esp now that my surgical bras are getting too big!). highly recommended. hope you're all enjoying the summer!
Someone else recommended the zipper front close bra from Underarmor. I could only find this online. I ended up buying a front close zipper exercise bra from Dillards. It says it's only for medium impact sports, though.