2012 Plastic surgery anyone? Tummy tucks?????

• tumtutmtummytuck
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • 2 years ago

Anybody having plastic surgery for the new years resolution? I want a tummy tuck so bad!

Comments (19)

Sort by

What are the downsides of doing a TT? Anyone got advice on what they wish they had known BEFORE getting it done?
I have no regrets at all about my TT. I love the results, even 6 months later. I had a great dr and did all of my research before hand so I knew what to expect. You are going to experience pain but get up and move as much as you can. Know you will have drainage tubs in and you will be showering with them. Take a piece of rope, a fanny pack, or anything you can tie at your waist and use large safety pins to attach to drainage bulbs to your waist strap. This helps a great deal. Don't be in a hurry to get the drains out until the drainage is reduced to the correct amount. One side may be different from the other side, no need to worry. Stay on your pain meds but in very controlled amounts so you can walk. I used a walker for just a couple of days to begin with until I felt a little more stable, after that I was walking the halls every 2-3 hours for at least 10-20 minutes as time progresses. It helps to have someone that can help you and stay with you for at least 3-4 days, more if they can. It helps with moral support as well. Any questions feel free to ask and it is so totally worth it!!!!!
I am having a TT, body lipo and a fat grafting in my butt all on 5/5/12. I am very excited and confident in my surgeon but wonder if I am worth the cost of almost a fully body makeover. Conflicted.
Thanks, I am planning to get my surgery next month no matter what anyone say.
I would like to know what some of your comments to anyone get from their family members and friends because some of them are all for it, if its what will make me happy and others say i don't need it. I'm doing what will make me feel better about myself.
I had an aunt (through marriage) who I told and she didn't say anything. I was hurt and so disappointed. I expected her to be supportive. It affected our relationship and I kissed our friendship goodbye and just treat her with respect when and if we meet. Jealousy...it's a bad thing. You're going to run into people/family/friends like that. Go ahead and get your procedure and I wish you the very best. Stick with this forum and you'll have all the support you need. Good luck.
I am scheduled for 3-16-12...32 days and counting. I think I found this site just googling tummy tucks and I have been hooked since. I have been wanting to have this done for many years and these next 32 days can't go by fast enough..
Good luck to you...since I'm scheduled for my TT 5/21/12, I stop smoking 3/1/12, next Thursday. I'm counting with you and you'll do fine.
peg
I"m new to this site and I'm scheduled for my tummy tuck by Dr. Sundin on March 22,2012 and I am 45 yrs. old.I have 4 kids. The last 2 are twins that are 11 yrs. old now and I hate this saggy bag that was lefted behind. I have received alot help from reading post from other women on differant sites. I do wish everyone the best on their surgery.
I'm new here but wanted to say I'm scheduled for a tummy tuck on May 24, 2012! I'm 39 yrs old, happily-married mother of 3 and looking forward to not looking pregnant anymore (my youngest is 9 for goodness' sake!) LOL Glad I found this website so I don't have to take this journey on my own! :)
My thoughts will be with you at that time as I will be healing myself--I'm scheduled 5/21/12 at 7:15. I'm 57, work full time, happily-married 2nd time around, and mother of one son who is grown and gone. Tired of exercising and still having a pouch of skin in front...I want a flat stomach and since I'm still working and hubby is retired and supportive of me, I'm getting this procedure now...so I WON'T LOOK LIKE MY MOTHER LATER!!!
Best of luck to you!
peg
Same here. Looking for ratings and so forth on my doc as well as commentary from folks who've had diastasis repair. That it's my primary interest right now. I just wrote my first review if you want more background info. seems you are here all the time ;)
I think I found it by doing on line searches for reviews on docs. I remember looking everywhere for ratings, etc on my local docs and i think I stumbled across this site that way.
I am scheduled for March 6th. Just found this site tonight and am devouring it!

Would love to hear how you found RealSelf:)

Glad you found the site, too. I found it last year when I had my lift; this year, I'm having my TT. This site is a "life saver" and a great basis of support when you go through this. Good luck to you,
peg
Good luck, just a few days away!!! You will be so happy!
I Am scheduled for Jan 16 2012
Excellent...our thoughts are with you! I'm scheduled 5/21/12. Best of luck and don't forget the Arnica!